The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 05-27-2015, 11:42 AM   #46
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Taco Bell. Funny. My last Craigslist exchange took place at Denny's, it was for under $100, and it was during normal daylight hours.

eta: I bought a string trimmer. And no, that's not what the kids are calling it these days.
Old 05-27-2015, 12:31 PM   #47
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble View Post
That's safer than eating at Taco Bell.
NEVER go to their home, and for damn sure NEVER bring them to yours. ALWAYS meet in public places, preferably under video surveillance. Whether from Craig's List, or the classifieds, makes no difference. Nuts is nuts, after all.

I've bought a few things off CL, and since I was meeting a complete stranger, I went armed. Of course, I go most places armed. Because people.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 01:35 PM   #48
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
NEVER go to their home, and for damn sure NEVER bring them to yours.
But it makes it so much easier to dispose of the body.
Old 05-27-2015, 02:02 PM   #49
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

And don't meet them to buy a vintage car off them because they may be tryin' to thieve ya and when it all goes awry they'll murder you, even if they have 'little or no criminal history."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/bodies-vehi...ry?id=28526184
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 08:42 PM   #50
monster
I hear them call the tide

Glatt, I would ask him to make a police report and send you a copy before I refunded anything. But then I probably wouldn't refund anything.
Old 05-28-2015, 12:35 PM   #51
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

So the first bell (which was the second one I listed, but for a shorter "auction" time) just sold for £11.70. I thought that it had some interesting features, notably the original (as far as I could tell) clapper ("It still has a clapper consisting of an iron ring fastened to the bell with a leather strap. I was told when I bought the bell that this type of clapper was found in the bells used for express post horses. If fresh horses were needed at the next posting station the bell was allowed to ring out, but if it was night and no new horses required, a strap was passed through the rings in the clappers preventing the bells from sounding").
The Russian dealer who has one listed for around £250 may have to wait a while to get that amount, as may the sellers of various other similar bells on Ebay at around £35 to £85 ... These are the ones that keep getting re-listed.
Old 05-28-2015, 01:10 PM   #52
glatt

Was that the one with the love inscription? Cause I thought that was neat.

Somebody finally bid on one of my cameras. I thought the Mamiya would get a lot of attention, but it's the Nikon that got a bid. And nobody cares about the Minolta. It's been viewed a handful of times, and I bet that was you guys.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 01:27 PM   #53
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

yeh, probably. I took a look at them. Emailed my niece about the Mamiya as she's a photo buff.
Old 05-28-2015, 01:32 PM   #54
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
Was that the one with the love inscription? Cause I thought that was neat ...
No, Glatt - you've still got time to bid on that one for your sweetheart
Old 05-28-2015, 02:15 PM   #55
glatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicman View Post
Emailed my niece about the Mamiya as she's a photo buff.
Thanks. If I were keeping it for myself, I'd replace the seals with one of these kits.

But instead of chasing film, I'm staying with digital. I just bought a new digital camera with some of my earnings on eBay. It's basically the camera I've had for the last 8 years or so except instead of a 12x zoom, it's a ridiculous 60x zoom, and it's 2.5x the resolution with better noise reduction.

So I can go to a baseball game and take pictures of the faces of the people on the other side of the stadium.
Old 05-28-2015, 02:17 PM   #56
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Or move to Boston and steal signals.
Old 05-29-2015, 02:37 AM   #57
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Attached Images

Old 05-29-2015, 05:08 AM   #58
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

Gosh them's some gold-ass warches.
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 08:05 AM   #59
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Quote:
Thanks.

I just bought a new digital camera with some of my earnings on eBay. It's a ridiculous 60x zoom, and it's 2.5x the resolution with better noise reduction.

So I can go to a baseball game and take pictures of the faces of the people on the other side of the stadium.
You're welcome.

Nice! You could also take close up pics of birds ... My brother has a similar camera. He gets some fantastic shots.
Old 05-29-2015, 09:14 AM   #60
glatt

Quote:
Buyer was apparently out of town for the holiday weekend. On Sunday, he checked the tracking of the package to see when it would arrive, and saw it was left at his door Friday afternoon. He called his son, who went over there, and there was no package. The Post Office delivered it 5 days faster than they said they would.

I care about my 100% feedback, but I'm not sure I care to the tune of $280.

I wonder what the right thing to do is? I held up my end of the transaction, but the buyer has every right to be unhappy. Should I offer to split the loss with him? Give him a full refund, even though I didn't do anything wrong? Take the money and run?
Woo hoo!

Buyer just got back into town yesterday (Dude, you should not order expensive shit from eBay if you don't plan to be home for a week) and I received this message and positive feedback from him today.

Quote:
The package was indeed delivered by USPS on May 22nd, but was moved from the front porch and placed inside our back gate by the delivery person on Saturday. Hence all of the looking in and around the front porch by the family members did not produce the goods!
He found the package!

All my positive and professional communications with him paid off and I got good feedback.