The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 07-13-2004, 05:12 AM   #1
cowhead
halve your cake and eat it too.

yeah for the Toad!

thank you Undertoad for hosting this.. that's all I wanted to say. hell! if you're ever in this neck of the woods... we'll have a fine BBQ..thanks... and no. I'm not kissing ass.. just an honest thank you
Old 07-13-2004, 09:11 AM   #2
Kitsune
still eats dirt

we'll have a fine BBQ

Do you dare go to a BBQ hosted by someone named "cowhead"? Only the finest cuts of beef!

But yes, indeed, three cheers for the Toadman.
Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 09:50 AM   #3
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

fuck that KCBBQ. lets have a ho-down at UT's bachelor pad!. who's with me!?
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 09:56 AM   #4
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

No ho's allowed
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 10:00 AM   #5
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

o/` g's up, ho's down, like you mutherfuckers do......o/`

ok, no ho's......how about circus geeks, contortionists, and mimes?
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 10:15 AM   #6
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

No impuning of KCBBQ. We are the Gods of the Pantheon of Meat, Smoke and Sauce!
Old 07-13-2004, 10:20 AM   #7
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

DUDE. First someone claims that Kansas is more humid than Texas (ever heard of Houston?) and NOW you're claiming you have better BBQ? Next you're going to start telling me "Everything's bigger in Kansas..."
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 10:29 AM   #8
marichiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspode
No impuning of KCBBQ. We are the Gods of the Pantheon of Meat, Smoke and Sauce!
You Kansas folks can have the smoke and sauce, but you can't get finer beef than what we grow out here in Colorado (I'm a cowgirl, so I should know! ). Throw a few nice brook trout just pulled out of the stream on the grill in addition, and you'll have a feast to make the gods weep. UT is welcome to partake should he ever comes out Colorado way. Well done, UT! And you can have your steak any way you like it!
Old 07-13-2004, 12:07 PM   #9
Kitsune
still eats dirt

You Kansas folks can have the smoke and sauce, but you can't get finer beef than what we grow out here in Colorado

You're posting this on a board where most of the people reside in Philadelphia. You know what they do with their ribs up North? They boil them. What the hell?
Old 07-13-2004, 12:15 PM   #10
marichiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsune
You Kansas folks can have the smoke and sauce, but you can't get finer beef than what we grow out here in Colorado

You're posting this on a board where most of the people reside in Philadelphia. You know what they do with their ribs up North? They boil them. What the hell?
I know! Disgusting! I see you are in Florida. My Dad's side of the family originally hales from the South. Now, THERE'S some good BBQ, as well. My Aunt Loreen who resides in Alabama makes some of the finest BBQ'ed chicken and ribs I've ever tasted! :thumpsup:
Old 07-13-2004, 12:18 PM   #11
smoothmoniker
to live and die in LA

Been on the road a fair bit. Spent alot of time in the south.

Here's the thing. Every state claims to have invented BBQ. Every state claims to do it differently. "Ya'll had some BBQ yet?", "Yes Sir, just over in Alamaba", "Oh, well, then you haven't had real BBQ yet. We do it completely different here in Mississippi."

Then they proceed to take out a piece of meat, burn it over some fire, and throw it on a plate. It all taste the same, with one singular exception:

http://www.tasteoftexas.com/

best. ever. anywhere.

-sm

Last edited by smoothmoniker; 07-13-2004 at 06:33 PM. Reason: spulling
smoothmoniker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 12:30 PM   #12
Kitsune
still eats dirt

Then they proceed to take out a piece of meat, burn it over some fire, and throw it on a plate.

My good sir, I do believe you are confused! The menu in the URL you posted had steak, had burgers, and it even had ceviche, but it did not have BBQ. Unless it is meat smoked for an extended period of time over some decent wood and then slathered in delicious, spicy sauce, it is not BBQ.

Although I can only say I know of one good, permanent, BBQ place, and that'd be Moses White's in Ybor, FL. The rest of the time you simply drive to a bad neighborhood, roll your window down, and follow your nose, and make sure you have a roll of ones on you for a chopped pork sandwich and a cold beer from the cooler.
Old 07-13-2004, 12:53 PM   #13
wolf
lobber of scimitars

wouldn't you just know it ... want to brag over a BBQ restaurant and the darn guys don't even have a website ...

Hickory Pit in Lansdale/North Wales, PA makes the awesomest ribs (beef or pork) and all the fixin's including cornbread and beans. It's the real deal, and if you go in the winter you can get seating around the potbelly stove.

Oh, and by the way, that's not BOILED, that's parboiled ... a practice only observed by people too chicken to trust the cooking of pork on the grill. It gets moved to the grill afterwards! Don't hold with it myself, but I'm not yer average Yankee.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 09:08 PM   #14
cowhead
halve your cake and eat it too.

whoo.. now lets not all get up in arms about BBQ... yeah it's all pretty much the same.. *ducking* .. now are we talking Ribs? or Brisket... or chicken... or or.. it really depends on the cut of meat as to how it's prepared.. IMHO.. although the best place I've had any BBQ is from this guy who lives behind my brothers house.. Dale by name (elderly man of the darker skin persuaion.. not that that really makes a difference) he's actually partially responsible for my fall from vegetarianism... I tried to resist... but... instinct took over.. and I couldn't deny that I was salavating that much.. and actually had a real honest craving for it..(heh i thought smoking withdrawls were bad..try going without meat for 3 years.... ohhh smoked bacon...) anyway! with that in mind i do need to eat something... hmm.. maybe time to pull out the grill?
Old 07-13-2004, 09:42 PM   #15
zippyt
LONG LIVE KING ZIPPY! per Feetz

My good sir, I do believe you are confused! The menu in the URL you posted had steak, had burgers, and it even had ceviche, but it did not have BBQ. Unless it is meat smoked for an extended period of time over some decent wood and then slathered in delicious, spicy sauce, it is not BBQ.
HERE HERE
Although I can only say I know of one good, permanent, BBQ place, and that'd be Moses White's in Ybor, FL.
I don't know about this place in Fla , but they are southern enough to give it a try
The rest of the time you simply drive to a bad neighborhood, roll your window down, and follow your nose, and make sure you have a roll of ones on you for a chopped pork sandwich and a cold beer from the cooler.

This is SOOOO true .

Best BBQ ever is hard to say , The Public Eye in Memphis had some of the best ribs ever , Interstate BBQ is a close second .
The best BBQ sandwich was at a little place called the Pitch Fork , sadley closed Again Interstate BBQ is hard to beat .
Best BBQ chicken has to be my wifes , whole chicken cut up weird with sauce ( no I won't tell you what kind )
The Best ALL time is a little place in Clarksdale MS. I don't rember the name ( Big Daddys, or Big Dogs I think ) but they had the WHOLE southern BBQ experence Killer food , exelent folks cooking and serving ( and YES you best say yes mam, and no mam ) blues in the back ground , and COOOOOLD beer !!!!
Oh and if you EVER get down there see if they have any fried green tomatos :thumpsup: :thumpsup: :thumpsup:

Oh and i have NEVER seen a BBQ place with a wine list , I'll have to ask one day , I'll probley get told " the liquor store is just down the street , and pick me up some Thunderbird while your there ,.

Par boiling is for SISSYS !!!