The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Technology

Technology Computing, programming, science, electronics, telecommunications, etc.

Old 01-11-2019, 09:27 PM   #16
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexobon View Post
I think they'll discover that the moon is made of blue cheese and the green we see is just the effect of yellow sunlight on it.
They have already learned we are paying for it because so many Americans so hated America as to believe Saddam had WMDs. And other fictions inspired by a 'big dic' military iinfatuation.

Those same wackos then spent massively on obvious boondoggles such as Ares V, Orion, Altair, and the Constellation program. We know who invented and spent massively on that waste starting in 2001. So where is all that? It was built and then scrapped as useless. Some parts may be completely redesigned from scratch.

Reminds me of Motorola who completely designed the 68050 microprocessor. And when the design was completed, learned it could not work. (That's when Apple suddenly learned they had another problem to add to a potential bankruptcy.)

View the education of people who made decisions based upon their education. And then we also have Flint MI water - created by same people. And the Chevy Volt - with an engine that cannot even recharge its own battery.

While we cannot see obvious disasters until after it is all done (ie Saddam's WMDs), then Chinese financing of these fiascos pays for Chinese productive engineering. So who blames them rather than us? Another of those people who created all those disasters (ie Trump).

5% of NASA's budget pays for the so many successful and highly praised (unmanned) missions.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 10:14 PM   #17
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw View Post
… While we cannot see obvious disasters until after it is all done ...
I've heard that the Chinese thought up an ingenious way to address this situation. They're going to start producing "misfortune" cookies.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 08:36 AM   #18
Griff
still says videotape

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
Pink Floyd's been there, done that, got the Tshirt, and the album.
oh noes
Old 01-12-2019, 01:42 PM   #19
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw View Post
5% of NASA's budget pays for the so many successful and highly praised (unmanned) missions.
What does the other 95% pay for?

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 05:43 PM   #20
tw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravdigr View Post
What does the other 95% pay for?
Manned spaceflight. The part that does little science. When the Obama administration took over, that 5% may have since increased. Since they undid so many wacko extremist and business school inspired decisions from Cheney et al.

Even the newest long range Coast Guard cutters were rushed through using the same logic in 2000s. Were so defective that, if operating as intended, they might rip off their sterns. Another example of what happens when decisions are not made by people who come from where the work gets done.
Old 01-12-2019, 05:48 PM   #21
tw

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexobon View Post
They're going to start producing "misfortune" cookies.
Which proves solutions can always be found in the paper work. No wonder so many geniuses are found in the kitchen.
Old 01-26-2019, 08:36 AM   #22
Griff
still says videotape

Attached Images