The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 11-28-2009, 06:28 PM   #1
monster
I hear them call the tide

Another Quiz for No Reason

Because people still like this sort of thing and/or are too stuffed with turkey leftovers to move an inch.....

1) Does/did your current/most recent significant other have the same color eyes as you? If you've never had S/O, I'm sorry/congratulations
2) Which cartoon character do you remember most fondly from your childhood?
3) What's your favorite knick-knack/doo-dad/tchotchke? (Bonus points for a pic)
4) Which is your favorite movie ever?
5) It's raining. It wasn't when you left home. Do you wear a raincoat, use an umbrella, protect your head with your bag or something, or just get wet?
6) Is any part of you itching right now?
7) What was the last book you bought?
8) Do you use moisturizer regularly?
9) If calories, caffeine and cash considerations were no problem, what type of coffee would you order?
Old 11-28-2009, 06:37 PM   #2
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

1) Does/did your current/most recent significant other have the same color eyes as you? If you've never had S/O, I'm sorry/congratulations
Nope, he has green, I have blue.
Bugs Bunny
Garlic Crush
Gone with The Wind
5) It's raining. It wasn't when you left home. Do you wear a raincoat, use an umbrella, protect your head with your bag or something, or just get wet?
It depends where I'm going, but probably I'd try and protect myself somehow.
yeah...most of my skin
I bought a whole heap a while ago among which were the first three books from the Cross Stich series.
yes
9) If calories, caffeine and cash considerations were no problem, what type of coffee would you order?
white chocolate mocha
Old 11-28-2009, 08:55 PM   #3
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Because people still like this sort of thing and/or are too stuffed with turkey leftovers to move an inch.....

1) Does/did your current/most recent significant other have the same color eyes as you?
1)no
2)bugs bunny
3)Swiss army knife
4)The Patriot
5)Stay in or get wet
6)no
7)Legal Rights: A Family Guide
8)no
9)Hazelnut - 3 -24oz a day
Old 11-28-2009, 09:24 PM   #4
wolf
lobber of scimitars

1) Does/did your current/most recent significant other have the same color eyes as you? yes, although I think his are a more intense blue.

2) Which cartoon character do you remember most fondly from your childhood? Snoopy

My Poopin' Moose, which is currently boxed, so I don't have a pic ... but I might have posted it here, so maybe ...

AHA!!

You lift it's head and it poops M&Ms.

The Great Escape

Just get wet, even though I typically have an umbrella in my car and in my briefcase.

Yes, but you don't really want to know where.

that's a toughie, because I buy so many, and hit a run of free downloads on the Kindle last night, which since they're free, don't really count, but ... okay The Prisoner - Thomas Disch

no

there are no calories in coffee until you start crapping it up with sugar and creamer. I drink my coffee black, so that's not an issue. I'd actually buy the same coffee I already buy. Most recent order of K-Cups includes Black Tiger, Santa's Buzz, Jet Fuel, and Double Black Diamond. I also tried something new, a Chocolate Glazed Donut flavor. Not sure if it's going to work for me, but I can always take it into the office if I don't like it. People are always looking for freebies there.

And no, I would not try that stuff that the civet cats poop out.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 09:42 PM   #5
monster
I hear them call the tide

1) Does/did your current/most recent significant other have the same color eyes as you? If you've never had S/O, I'm sorry/congratulations Sorta -he has green, I have hazel/green
2) Which cartoon character do you remember most fondly from your childhood? Mutley
3) What's your favorite knick-knack/doo-dad/tchotchke? (Bonus points for a pic) Seriously tough call. .....BTW I think all you naming useful tools are cheating.... I'm pretty fond of the wooden fish and miniature mask from our honeymoon in Jamaica and treip to brazil ...oh and the didgeridoo my sister sent me.
4) Which is your favorite movie ever? Hm. Good Morning Vietnam with Dirty dancing and Four Weddings and a Funeral equal close second
5) It's raining. It wasn't when you left home. Do you wear a raincoat, use an umbrella, protect your head with your bag or something, or just get wet? get wet. Although chances are there is an umbrella or raincoat in my bags.
6) Is any part of you itching right now? Bits of my face and hands. less s than when I wrote the questions. Beer helps that.
7) What was the last book you bought? Guinness Book of Records 2010
8) Do you use moisturizer regularly? Yup -face and hands.
9) If calories, caffeine and cash considerations were no problem, what type of coffee would you order? Black.
Old 11-28-2009, 09:43 PM   #6
regular.joe
Старый сержант

No, she has hazel mine are brown.
The Bill, On Capital Hill
A key ring of the great seal of the U.S.
Blade Runner
Just get wet
Nope
The Inner Game of Tennis
No, should I?
Large white chocolate frapacino with 4 shots of esspresso

Death, like birth, is a secret of Nature. - Marcus Aurelius.
regular.joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 07:01 AM   #7
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

We both had blue/grey eyes. (both have...we're just not SO any more lol)

That'd be a toss up between Barnaby Bear and Danger Mouse

3) What's your favorite knick-knack/doo-dad/tchotchke? (Bonus points for a pic)There's a mock-parcel with a magnet to attach it to a fridge. It used to have a label on it (long since detached) which said something along the lines of 'This parcel may seem empty, but it is filled with love. Keep it with you always and blah blah blah (can't recall the rest). Was given to me by my Mum when I was really down. Must be about 10 -15 years ago.

Tough one this...I have many fave movies which move up and down the list depending on my mood: probably a bit of a toss-up between Bladerunner, Pulp Fiction, and Re-animator.

I almost always have a hat. If not on my head, then in my bag. At the moment, my favourite and therefore most used hat is a brown leather peaked cap. I never use umbrellas. If I don't have a hat I get wet.

some part of me is always itching.

*thinks* Not sure. It was either a Doctor Who novel or it was a book about the Army of George III

face and hands several times a day. Head to toe at least twice a day.

medium-sized Latte to go - which is what I usually order. If I am out and about I'll probably have two or three of these.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 07:58 AM   #8
jujuwwhite
Capnhowdy's #1 smasher

1) Does/did your current/most recent significant other have the same color eyes as you? If you've never had S/O, I'm sorry/congratulations He has beautiful blue eyes, I have brownish/green eyes depending on my mood.

2) Which cartoon character do you remember most fondly from your childhood? Donald Duck

3) What's your favorite knick-knack/doo-dad/tchotchke? (Bonus points for a pic) I have a very large collection of M&M characters.

4) Which is your favorite movie ever? Enemy of Mine

5) It's raining. It wasn't when you left home. Do you wear a raincoat, use an umbrella, protect your head with your bag or something, or just get wet? Just get wet. I can always afford to loose a little sugar. LOL

6) Is any part of you itching right now? not at this very moment.

7) What was the last book you bought? Marley and Me

8) Do you use moisturizer regularly? Does when I remember it count?

9) If calories, caffeine and cash considerations were no problem, what type of coffee would you order? any kind with plenty of caffeine in it.

Old 11-29-2009, 08:13 AM   #9
DanaC

Update to 4: I cannot believe I didn't mention the old black and white film of Hamlet, with Olivier. I saw it when I was about 9 years old ( i think), and fell completely in love with it. Had no expectations of it. Was only watching it because my big brother had been through a Shakespeare phase and I was copying. Hit me right between the eyes. Was mad into Shakespeare for years. Bought myself the complete works with some Christmas or Birthday booktokens. Or begged it for a birthday pressie..can't remember now. I must have seen a dozen different interpretations of that play now. But I still get a shiver down my spine with Olivier's performance.
Old 11-29-2009, 09:01 AM   #10
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Yes

Quick Draw McGraw's alter ego "El Kabong", who would swing in on a rope and smash bad guys with a guitar.

Probably spiky bowl. You may touch it, if your tetanus is up to date.

Brazil, Blade Runner, Raising Arizona

Just get wet

Back, arms, pretty much everything... dry winter skin

"Alien Hand Syndrome" by Hot Pastrami/Alan Bellows/Damn Interesting

No, despite dry winter skin

A latte, yes made from those beans that the cats shit out.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 09:22 AM   #11
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

nope

He Man .....(I have the power)

don't really have one, I guess

The Holy Grail

get wet

yes

Mistborn

no

Starbucks Sumatra Red Eye (add a shot of espresso) with cream and sugar
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 09:52 AM   #12
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

[quote=monster;613261]

No. One had blue, one had blue and one had monster-green

Daffy Duck

any one of my Jim Shore Fairy Tale character statues

Holy Grail/Life of Brian

I've loads of umbrella's ella's ella's...

No.

KILLER ANGELS - civil war book for class

yes.

Boster Stoker's Highlander Grog with cream.[quote]
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 10:12 AM   #13
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Actually, I'm not really liking this quiz. Soz and all that, it just doesn't tickle my fancy.
But it IS a quiz. And furthermore, one with no rhyme or reason. So I can't help myself.

1) Does/did your current/most recent significant other have the same color eyes as you?
Most did. I have had only one SO (well, O anyway) with brown eyes, the rest have been blue or a near facsimile thereof.

Dangermouse. Because Dads used to watch it with me and laugh at the jokes I couldn't understand.

I have a jade frog [below]. Although I have no beliefs whatsoever, I sometimes take the frog with me to the ATM, just in case it helps.

Probably Shaun of the Dead. I have a top ten, but books would be nearly impossible (I doubt I could get below a top 20)

Wha? If Mum reminds me or I've paid attention to the weather report, I'll have a brolly. If, like this morning, I went upstairs to get an umbrella at her behest but got distracted by Diz and got caught in a shower, I get wet. Unless I've not been arsed to wash my heair and have my hat on - in which case the rain is secondary.

No

Confession. Michael Palin's second volume of diaries. I had some Waterstones points accrued from last year and treated myself.

I should but I don't.

Irish coffee
Attached Images

Old 11-29-2009, 10:53 AM   #14
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

so far, sundae is the female bruce when it comes to cool tchochkes.
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 10:53 AM   #15
DanaC

Dangermouse rocked!