Old 09-08-2010, 06:11 PM   #5881
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Sorry squirrel.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 06:37 PM   #5882
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

war is retarded. fights in general are retarded. why cant we just be.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 10:35 PM   #5883
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Getting pretty hard to find someone that doesn't know of a fatality in Iraq/Afghanistan, related to their social/professional circle. I know several, and it sucks.
Old 09-11-2010, 06:49 AM   #5884
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

At Mum & Dad's church they regularly pray for the soldiers.
And not just from Christian goodwill - there are at least three familes with sons serving overseas that I know of, and possibly more.
No fatalities among the congregration but the fear is always there, and the worry that it's only a matter of time.

Mum & I still haven't made up.
We're just avoiding eachother.
Still, stalemate is better than outright confrontation, which always makes me feel sick.
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 06:42 AM   #5885
casimendocina
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundae Girl View Post
Mum & I still haven't made up.
We're just avoiding eachother.
Still, stalemate is better than outright confrontation, which always makes me feel sick.
Maybe let it go for a while, send a card tomorrow for her FC day and the need to discuss the incident might slowly disappear if there are other more pressing things at hand. i.e. not to say that there is anything identical in your situation, but tree falling on my house means that I have something logistical to discuss with my folks so we don't need to discuss anything sensitive. They feel useful because they can offer advice and I feel as if I'm fulfilling my daughterly duties, so win, win.
casimendocina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 09:45 AM   #5886
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Casi, that's exactly how I plan to approach it.

The way things are at present:
I said I wouldn't eat another meal with her again, and I am sticking to it.
As it was her initial request, I'm waiting for her to ask me down to lunch or dinner.
It is VERY childish, I am aware of that.

However she did make a Sunday roast yesterday, plated some up for me and left it in the fridge with a note saying I was welcome to it and to bin it otherwise. She called to me before I read it, saying the same thing and I said "Thank you very much" as was appropriate. I had it for lunch today.

On the other hand, she shouted up to me that "my" washing had finished. Despite the fact I'd removed "her" washing from the machine and pegged it out. We don't differentiate in this house. We both look after Dad and Grandad these days - I simply start and stop and peg out and tumble dry and iron (in the last 4 months anyway) as necessary. She does more than me - I admit. But she has less to do than she did before I moved in. This was like being back in a student house. But then I say that - I had two ironed tops on my door this afternoon. I just think we're both being careful.

We're slowly reaching rapprochement. I got two growing-up-in-London based autobiographies from the library today and offered them to her. They might be rubbish, but it was half an olive, if not a whole branch.

We'll get by.
It's our worst falling out I can remember. Over something so silly. But the problem is both of us believe we were right, even after the tide of temper went out.

And of course I've hammered another nail in the coffin of my relationship with my sister.
Oh well, I was a fool to think that would ever be revived as anything other than a shambling zombie anyway.
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 01:27 PM   #5887
Pico and ME
Are you knock-kneed?

Some of my most hurtful disagreements have been with my mother. It just is, what can you say. However, we both know that no matter how bad they might get, no matter what, we will always have each others back.
Pico and ME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 10:54 AM   #5888
Pico and ME
Are you knock-kneed?

Took Pico in for a teeth cleaning and at least one tooth extraction this morning and he ends up needing 7 TEETH pulled.

Whats worse is the price tag...$700!!!!!!!

omfg
Old 09-17-2010, 07:23 PM   #5889
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

You're going to have to wait up, and mug the tooth fairy.
Old 09-17-2010, 09:26 PM   #5890
HungLikeJesus
Only looks like a disaster tourist

Do you want to borrow my pliers?

SteveDallas's Random Thread Picker.
HungLikeJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 09:53 PM   #5891
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Old 09-17-2010, 11:12 PM   #5892
Pico and ME
Are you knock-kneed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HungLikeJesus View Post
Do you want to borrow my pliers?
Damn, if only.
Old 09-25-2010, 04:07 PM   #5893
monster
I hear them call the tide

My eczema is bad. It always seems to get worse this time of year, presumably some seasonal allergen. It will get better, but right now my hands are sore, raw and weepy and it's driving me nuts.
Old 09-25-2010, 10:02 PM   #5894
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

I'm in the process of a divorce. However, I will say nothing further about that until the matter is settled.

While at work on Wednesday, I thought I was having a low blood sugar attack...I collapsed while using the bathroom, breaking my right leg and twisting my left leg. Apparently, I was not suffering from low blood sugar, but severe dehydration brought on by a stomach virus...I had no clue.

Today I just started feeling like myself again...I might actually eat a meal tonight. My boss was able to procure a wheelchair for me from work (we deliver pharmaceuticals and homecare supplies at our KC office), so I can get around work and my hotel. And people from the office have been bringing me to and from work.

But I'm 250 miles from home. For the first time really in my adult life, I am on my own...and I am okay with that. But it is scary as fuck! I am basically relying on the kindness of strangers to help me out here in Kansas City. My bosses have been thrilled with the work I'm doing out here, so they're okay with me staying. Of course, if I had to go home, I'd be fucked...because I'd probably have to go back out on the road, and I probably won't be able to drive properly again for 2-4 weeks.

I'm in a helluva lot of pain, and I still can't walk on my foot, even though I'm in a walking cast. I'm too heavy for crutches, and a wheelchair is no fun to push with low upper body strength. I have nothing but respect for people in wheelchairs...not that I didn't before, but I've only been in one for 3 days and I'm about ready to stab my eyes out.

And what sucks the most is having to rely on others to help you. I don't mind asking for help, but when it's for simple shit that you normally do yourself, it feels almost soul-destroying. Not to mention, you're on someone else's schedule, which generally drives me nuts.

Thank you for your time.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 10:05 PM   #5895
Cloud

jaw drops at Sycamore. That's awful!

Divorce is one of the most stressful (but imo, rewarding!) things. But take better care of yourself!

No Dwellars nearby that could lend a hand?

Last edited by Cloud; 09-25-2010 at 10:11 PM.
Cloud is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
swiss