The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Food and Drink
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Food and Drink Essential to sustain life; near the top of the hierarchy of needs

Old 06-16-2013, 09:37 PM   #1006
Flint
Snowflake

Quote:
Originally Posted by footfootfoot View Post
A couple of burgers.
A couple of burgers for yourself, specifically? Arnold tells a funny story about a group of 1970s bodybuilders going to a regular restaurant, and he orders 3 hamburgers. People are looking at him like, 'who the ƒuck eats three hamburgers?'

Arnold is Numero Uno.
Attached Images

expression. ... I found, like Joseph Campbell said, if you just follow whatever
gives you a little joy or excitement or awe, then you're on the right track.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Terry Bozzio
Flint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 10:20 PM   #1007
orthodoc
Not Suspicious, Merely Canadian

Made a lamb tagine for my third son, who's visiting for the week. Since it needed more time to dimmer than we cared to wait, I also threw some chicken, a bunch of veggies, some herbs etc., in a big pot and cooked it up without fussing over it. The lamb was okay (needed more garlic), but the chicken was great!
Old 06-17-2013, 11:56 AM   #1008
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Dinner on Sunday was a big deal--it was the first time ever that all six of us sat down and ate the same meal together. Ham (specially smoked by these guys with no sugar or preservatives,) pineapple, and green beans sauteed with a little honey and crushed red pepper. My little ones were so happy to be eating what everyone else was (even though the reality is that we were eating what they were, but hey, same diff.)
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 12:25 PM   #1009
busterb
NSABFD

Last few days I've really enjoyed, brown gravy w/ground beef and mashed taters, split pea mush. Yogurt blended w/kiwi, blueberries, dates, and prunes. No, not all at once. I'd kill for some chips, crackers anything salty and crunchy.
Old 06-17-2013, 01:15 PM   #1010
Chocolatl
Glutton for Gluttony

Aww, Clod, what a special dinner. Are the minifobs sensitive about the fact that they eat different food from everyone else, usually?
Chocolatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 02:24 PM   #1011
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

The girl isn't usually bothered by it, she actually thought it was pretty amusing that we were all eating the same thing, like if we'd all been wearing the same clothes. Minifob goes back and forth--on the one hand, he says he wants to eat what others eat, but on the other hand, he always has to be talked into trying new foods. Really he just wants everyone else to love his favorite foods.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 05:05 PM   #1012
bbro
Insert witty comment here

I forgot to get eggs today, so the back up is a chicken salad sandwich with grapes and spinach dip
Old 06-18-2013, 06:18 PM   #1013
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Three Hebrew National hotdogs (w/ Gulden's mustard and generic relish) and two stiff Tanqueray and Tonics.

It may not be all good, but it is pretty damn mostly good.

eta: also had some of those smoked almond things
Old 06-18-2013, 06:29 PM   #1014
glatt

A few handfuls of Virginia peanuts while I chopped up a very ripe cantaloupe. Soon, salmon burgers from Trader Joes, and a salad. Probably have some cantaloupe too. Currently enjoying a glass of red wine, while listening to the Kinks and Mrs. Glatt cooks up the burgers with her mom. Only one bad thing in all that.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 08:20 PM   #1015
Flint
Snowflake

Quote:
Originally Posted by footfootfoot View Post
Three Hebrew National hotdogs (w/ Gulden's mustard and generic relish) and two stiff Tanqueray and Tonics.

It may not be all good, but it is pretty damn mostly good.

eta: also had some of those smoked almond things
Goddamn, dude, your dinners rule.

I'm having more Malbec and pita chips. May cook some meat if I get motivated. I keep getting distracted by flexing in the mirror.

All day long I eat handfuls of almond and protien shakes, maybe a salad or some grilled fish. At least 3 times a week I eat a double-beef burger with mustard, no cheese, and extra jalapenoes. With unsweet iced tea. Oh, and also, daily: low fat cheese sticks and maybe an Odwalla Superfood here and there. AdvoCare Spark, every day. More or less a 'paleo' diet but I don't follow no damn rules. I will say this: red meat makes muscles.
expression. ... I found, like Joseph Campbell said, if you just follow whatever
gives you a little joy or excitement or awe, then you're on the right track.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Terry Bozzio

Last edited by Flint; 06-18-2013 at 08:25 PM.
Flint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 08:36 AM   #1016
bbro

Double Crunch Honey and Garlic Chicken and rice.
Old 06-22-2013, 08:52 PM   #1017
bbro

Italian Drunken Noodles tonight
Old 06-22-2013, 09:14 PM   #1018
richlevy
King Of Wishful Thinking

Went to Arthur's SteakHouse in Exton with two other couples. Brought my $100 restaurant.com certificate.

3 of us had the weekend buffet and 3 had a la carte. The buffet had a chicken breast with crispy skin and stuffed with mushrooms and vegetables in a brown sauce. There was also flounder florentine in a cream sauce. I also had the prime rib from the carving station, but instead of having them make pasta at the pasta station, I had the chef saute shrimp, sausage, garlic, and some chopped onion, tomato, and green pepper and pour it on top of the prime rib. The prime rib was rarer than I liked, so he put it in the au jus pot to cook some more.

Dessert was build your own coffee with whipped cream, caramel sauce, and chocolate sauce. I had the apple crumb pie which was made in-house (thanks Teresa) and a slice of cheesecake which was very creamy and delicious.

All of this except for my Diet Coke (funny but true) was included in the buffet. I think I liked the chicken best. For something out of a steam tray in sauce, the skin was golden and crispy.

We ended up $35 shy of the $200 required to take off the $100 gift card (coupon), so the non-buffet crowd each had dessert and coffee. We were still $3 shy so I got some wings to go.

At the end of it all, with 6 meals, two wines, tax, and tip, it was $24 per person after the coupon came off.

I didn't have any shrimp from the salad bar, but I did have the chicken tortilla soup and some corn bread.

I love that place.
I have always believed that hope is that stubborn thing inside us that insists, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us so long as we have the courage to keep reaching, to keep working, to keep fighting. -- Barack Hussein Obama
richlevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 03:29 PM   #1019
bbro

I had Chicken and Dumpling Casserole last night and tonight is brinner!
Old 07-05-2013, 11:09 AM   #1020
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

With dessert like this, who needs dinner?

Name:  IMG_2032sm.jpg
Views: 439
Size:  154.8 KB

Name:  IMG_2029sm.jpg
Views: 326
Size:  79.2 KB