The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Parenting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Parenting Bringing up the shorties so they aren't completely messed up

Old 08-31-2004, 03:09 PM   #16
garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Wolf
Those parents need to learn the finer points of taking kids on an airplane. The trick is this: let your kids loose in the airport. Let them run around, play and play WITH them during that time. Play as hard as the surroundings allow, so that when time comes for the flight, they're tired and will sit and be comparatively quiet or even sleep. A few couples did this last year on a flight back from the Bahamas I was on. It worked like a CHARM. Total of 8 kids on the flight and not a peep out of any of them the whole time.
Unfortunately, that was part of the problem. These same two girls were running loose near the gate. Our flight was delayed, so I didn't want to stray too far from the gate area. There was basically no way for me to get away from them.

It was actually entertaining watching how the mother "disciplined" these kids. They were about 7 and 9 years old, so they were old enough to reason with. They completely ingored everything she said to them--they knew they could get away with whatever they wanted. The worst parenting skills I've ever seen. Just wait till these kids are teenagers and watch 'em wreak havoc then--it's not gonna be pretty.
garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 04:33 PM   #17
lookout123
changed his status to single

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspode
Did anyone besides me notice that the source here is The Star? Not exactly a paragon of journalistic virtue.

If true, though, I'll bet they were really happy when they hallucinated the little guy's first words and steps.
i saw it on tv. they are absolutely nuckin' futs.