The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Relationships

Relationships People who need people; or, why can't we all just get along?

Old 04-29-2006, 09:55 AM   #31
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

Welcome to Cellar Thread Drift, a revered and frequently interesting phenomenon around these parts.
Old 04-29-2006, 10:40 AM   #32
Stormieweather
Wearing her bitch boots

Ok, the original question was what do women really think about sex?

I'd have to say that varies widely from woman to woman.

There are some that enjoy it but don't miss it much when they don't have it (my guess is they haven't really had mind-blowing sex ).

There are some that can't get enough and aren't discriminate about who their partners are. Sex = sex = sex.

Some women are shy and not terribly secure in their own sexuality, so initiating it is not something they are comfortable doing.

However, I believe that most women's sexual libido is tied to their emotional state. I've often said that I need foreplay and for me, foreplay begins in my mind. Make love to my mind and heart and my body will follow. I once read a man's objection to this stated as, "You mean I have to TALK to her before I use her?!". Pffffttt...Um yeah.

Sometimes when the daily routine and stresses begin to take their toll, a plan of action is in order. Get a babysitter, find a hotel room, buy flowers, candy and champagne, and get her away from the distractions.

Write little love notes to her, do thoughtful things to show her you care, and touch her in loving (non-sexual) ways often. I simply hate it when my guy never touches me except when he wants sex. I've had partners who would snuggle up on the couch and hold my hand, and my first thought was...jeeze, here we go..he wants to get laid. Because that was the ONLY time they ever did that. I crave affection and it often turns into passion.

It's like having a beautiful show car that you store in a garage. You only take it out for special occasion drives. In between you never polish it, change the oil, put gas in it or care for the apholstery. Eventually, this vehicle will fall into disrepair and quit running. But it's a fantastic car, beautiful and I love it dearly, you say. But it needs more from you than a drive around the block now and then.

Romance -----> Sex. In long term relationships, the romance tends to fade because you've become comfortable and tend to take each other for granted. Sure you love each other very much, you're mostly happy and have a nice life. But its so easy to forget the things that brought excitement and thrills to each other early on in the courtship. Don't. Its fatal.

Clodfobble? Get it while you can..ie: now. Once the baby arrives, you'll be much too tired for sex for quite some time. I have a 10 month old and we're still not back to our normal sex life /sob.

Anyway, thats my 2 cents worth.

Stormie
Stormieweather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 04:53 PM   #33
sharpness
Mediocrity is the playground of the unadventurous

Stormieweather - what can I say. A fantastic entry. No pun intended. Some very important points made well.
sharpness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 06:31 PM   #34
rkzenrage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharpness
Stormieweather - what can I say. A fantastic entry. No pun intended. Some very important points made well.
The main one being that they don't think about it, they feel about it, so you are screwed...
Also, on that note, you are getting straight answers on sex from women, so The Corporation will most likely be zeroing in on your location now. It was nice meeting you.
Old 04-30-2006, 04:13 AM   #35
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

Sharpness ... morning breath can be disgusting. Have you suggested a compromise, like rinsing your mouth/drinking something to take away the offending odour? Have the necessary on your night table and there you go ... This would be less of an interruption to the flow, so to speak.
Old 05-01-2006, 01:53 PM   #36
mrnoodle
bent

Quote:
Originally Posted by limey
Sharpness ... morning breath can be disgusting. Have you suggested a compromise, like rinsing your mouth/drinking something to take away the offending odour? Have the necessary on your night table and there you go ... This would be less of an interruption to the flow, so to speak.
Or she can just turn over.

what?
Old 05-01-2006, 05:48 PM   #37
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnoodle
Or she can just turn over...
Or he could take his mouth south ...
Old 05-01-2006, 06:38 PM   #38
thrillhouse
spoonful of bologna

yes, but did HE brush?!?!?
Old 05-02-2006, 11:46 AM   #39
Munchkin
Colloquialist

I cant deal with nasty mouth. I have to brush my own teeth or Id be uncomfortable to the point of not wanting to kiss him...and sometimes his mouth is so FRICKEN RANK, that it turns me off to kiss him...

so just brush the damn teeth...

As far as women and sex, Im one of the ones with practically a non existant libido. Im going to take steps to help that, since I love my bf and I feel like im denying him by only having sex about once a week, but to be totally honest, Id be perfectly happy only having sex to pro create.

And yes, I have had mind blowing sex. And it was with my current BF...He is an excellent lover, with an excellent package. Its just not something I really care about...

Also....timing can be an issue....for example, when I get home from work at 530 I cook dinner, we eat around 7 ... not gonna have sex then... comfortable again around 830 ... so theres a SMALL window during the week where sex is an option.. really between 830 and 10 because when 1030/11 hits, I wanna go to sleep.... and really...830 - 10? I just wanna de stress from my day.... So I rarely want anything during the week. But, like I said... I feel so damn guilty about not having sex with him that Im trying...but if I thought it didnt bother him having sex once a week, we would only have sex once a week...
Munchkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 07:59 PM   #40
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Munchkin, it sounds like you're in a rut. How about ~ when I get home from work at 530 I get naked, we wrestle until 7, then order a pizza, ~ for a change?
Just try it once, for the hell of it. If you like it, rinse and repeat, once in a while.
Old 05-04-2006, 04:17 AM   #41
DucksNuts
Bitchy Little Brat

Geez xoB, first time I read that I thought you were offering
DucksNuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 12:13 PM   #42
Munchkin
Colloquialist

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce
Munchkin, it sounds like you're in a rut. How about ~ when I get home from work at 530 I get naked, we wrestle until 7, then order a pizza, ~ for a change?
Just try it once, for the hell of it. If you like it, rinse and repeat, once in a while.
sure thing hehehe
Munchkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 06:34 PM   #43
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by DucksNuts
Geez xoB, first time I read that I thought you were offering
I don't mess around with married(that includes living together) women

anymore.
Old 05-04-2006, 09:02 PM   #44
DucksNuts
Bitchy Little Brat

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce
anymore.

Woot Woot Bruce!!. I think I might add you to my *to meet* list.
DucksNuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 01:57 PM   #45
Dee
Disorderly Disciplinarian

What women think well I have been tring to work that out for years and well I am one so don't know if I can help. But once a week after 17 years is some thing to yell from the roof tops. I've been married 4.5 years and at times it can seem like it can be a month between "" but that dosnt really matter it make it all to better having to wait.

can't speak for others but I not a morning person either, I need to sleep so if awoken earlie for a quicky I don't function very well and just think Oh hurry up so I can go back to sleep which if not very fair on hubby so may be better not to start in the first place. And as to morning breath phhhh try waking up next to a Guinness drinker.