The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Image of the Day

Image of the Day Images that will blow your mind - every day. [Blog] [RSS] [XML]

Old 02-08-2018, 10:00 PM   #1
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Feb 9th, 2018: Dairy Air

Dairy Air is an ice cream shop in Montclair NJ. They make ice cream using liquid nitrogen in creations
playing on the theme like, Backside Banana Split, Keister Key Lime and Coconut, Peanut Butt’r Booty,
Oprah’s Favorite Fanny, Backend Bourbon Blues, Bumm Rush, Sweet Cheeks and Chocolate,
Devil’s Derrière, Spankin’ Strawberry Moon, Mexican Waffle Wedgie and the Muffin-Top Money Maker.
Then they, along with an advertising board of advisors, came up with a new logo…

Quote:
Amy Tingle posted a now-private open letter on Facebook criticizing the ice cream shop’s choice. “It is offensive and sickening. A hyper-sexualized, obviously female cow with her ass upended and poking through a circle, tail raised up, waiting for what? I’m not sure, but I do know that I am repulsed and offended,” she wrote. “This kind of marketing scheme is the reason we currently have a sexual predator in the White House.”
Tingle and her partner, Maya Stein, co-own a local business called The Creativity Caravan — a “studio, gallery, and imaginarium.”
Uh, all cows are female, the ass is not upended, and cows don’t wait they raise their tails to swat flies and to shit.

The reactions on social media…
Quote:
• "Tasteless and completely unacceptable. In our climate of heightened awareness of sexual harassment this is even more shocking to me."

• "A cartoon butt does not offend me in the least. Must be exhausting being offended all the time."

• "It's kind of tasteless--therefore I'm sure the kids love it. Maybe it's just me but I've got bigger fish to fry."

• "This is not only tasteless marketing, it's disgusting, offensive and stupid."

• "Do people have that much time on their hands to give an uber-PC reading into a business' graffiti art? But not only that but, then somehow compare it to Trump is hysterical… That's the kind of obnoxious PC BS that a lot of America was sick of and got Trump elected into office."

• "I am thankful to the people who have the time and energy to speak up about society's evils. That's how progress is made. Even for the ones that don't see the point."

• "As a woman raised in a younger generation I am not offended or in any way swayed by a cartoon cow with a large derrière and ice cream cone. I think the visual pun was executed well and as well as being humorous; after all we are just talking about ice cream."

• "This thread is evidence that there's a real need for more understanding and education on misogyny and how different people interpret misogyny."
Quote:
Despite the many positive comments and notes of encouragement that Tingle's post has received, she's also hinted that the online discussion has grown much more divisive and vitriolic than expected.
"I'm weary of all this cross-posting and re-posting and commentary here in this Facebook black hole," Tingle wrote, encouraging people to have a face-to-face discussion and talk respectfully and honestly to each other about "the sexualization of our society."
She’s shocked not everyone agrees with her. So was Don Quixote.

link

link

link
Old 02-09-2018, 09:47 AM   #2
HitTheLake
Soylent Greenhorn

Another related (?) viral story

You really should be logged into Facebook for this link to give you the most entertainment.
Geode Cake looks like something else?

No Facebook account? Here's the next best link.
Scarymommy Geode Cake review
HitTheLake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 10:04 AM   #3
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Now if it was Japanese, nobody would be offended. They'd be like 'sexy cow icecream? - sure, stick it next to the schoolgirl cartoon cat lingerie'
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 11:06 AM   #4
phelps
Eavesdropper

I'm not exactly a rancher, but I've spent more than a few hours around cows, and when they have their tail up like that, you want to step BACK, not forward, unless you like hosing off outside before mama will let you in the house.
phelps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 12:03 PM   #5
Diaphone Jim
Junior Master Dwellar

I think it is a clever ad campaign, but "Dairy Air" and cow butts (several now in my pasture) are best appreciated at a distance.

I don't think I want to know either Amy or Maya. I wonder which is which.
Diaphone Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 01:32 PM   #6
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Isn't "dairy air" mostly methane?

Ew.
Old 02-09-2018, 01:33 PM   #7
glatt

If Dairy Air and Baskin Robbins were across the street from each other, I would go to Baskin Robbins. Unless everyone was raving about how the ice cream at Dairy Air was actually significantly better tasting than Basking Robbins.

Marketing your food around ass imagery isn't appealing to me. I also am not going to be buying any of that Fat Bastard wine or any of the other brands that think they are oh so clever but really just crass.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 01:39 PM   #8
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

As for making ice cream with liquid nitrogen...

Been there, done that:

Old 02-09-2018, 03:20 PM   #9
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diaphone Jim View Post
I don't think I want to know either Amy or Maya. I wonder which is which.
I believe Amy is on the right above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
Marketing your food around ass imagery isn't appealing to me. I also am not going to be buying any of that Fat Bastard wine or any of the other brands that think they are oh so clever but really just crass.
Crass, yes, sexist, not even close.
Old 02-11-2018, 02:49 PM   #10
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Dear ladies and gentlemen of the world:

When you hear me say "I've been offended by a cartoon cow butt.", that will be your cue to open fire on me.

TIA,

Grav

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 02:51 PM   #11
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Those sensuous lips...

Those bedroom eyes you just get lost in...

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Old 02-11-2018, 08:30 PM   #12
monster
I hear them call the tide

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
Name:  002.JPG
Views: 547
Size:  283.9 KB

this beer is not for you then...... (I don't really care, but when this arrived in the store, I was all "no. not interested"...and that was before I learned it was gluten free.....)
Old 02-11-2018, 08:45 PM   #13
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

He's talking glutes free, not gluten free.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 09:40 PM   #14
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Those legs are too skinny for that muffin top. He's got the thigh gap of a 90-lb fashion model.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 09:58 PM   #15
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

He has a tattoo of underwear.

...the fuck?