The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Image of the Day

Image of the Day Images that will blow your mind - every day. [Blog] [RSS] [XML]

Old 04-24-2012, 11:55 PM   #1
CaliforniaMama
I wonder . . .

April 24, 2012 Mary Jane at her Best

A cat stands near packs of confiscated marijuana in Cali, Colombia, on February 15, 2012. Colombian narcotics police seized 3.6 tons of marijuana from drug trafficking gangs in a food truck in Tulua Valle, according to the authorities. (Reuters/Jaime Saldarriaga)

A man smokes marijuana from a vaporizer during the 24th annual High Times Cannabis Cup in Amsterdam, Netherlands, on November 20, 2011. People who buy a judge's pass for the festival can vote in the annual competition electing the best marijuana and awarding it with the Cannabis Cup. The Netherlands, long-time known for its liberal drug policies, is changing course as right-wing political leaders are trying to ban tourists from buying marijuana in coffee shops. (AP Photo/Peter Dejong)

The rifle of a federal agent is seen through a marijuana leaf during the destruction of a marijuana plantation on the outskirts of the town of Casas Grandes, in the Mexican state of Chihuahua, on July 18, 2011. Federal agents located and destroyed 9 marijuana plantations totaling 7.4 acres, local media reported. The federal forces incinerated nearly 10 tons of the drug and no detentions were reported. (Reuters/Jose Luis Gonzalez)

via The Atlantic
CaliforniaMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 06:00 AM   #2
Griff
still says videotape

Let's see, a wholesale switch to natural gas causes Pennsylvania to supplant Saudi Arabia in energy exports, then we legalize pot so Kentucky can replace Mexico and California ousts Colombia. Nations job numbers fixed by 7 am, shall I go to work or back to bed? Take that Washington.
Old 04-25-2012, 07:40 AM   #3
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

That is a cool cat from way back!
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 07:54 PM   #4
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf

Isn't it weird how the people who love the free market and think it will solve so many problems, are the same people that insist on trying to ban commodities with robust demand and easy supply?
Old 04-25-2012, 08:14 PM   #5
coolcat
Drawn Druid

That calico cat is hallucinating and must think all those packs contain catnip.
Old 04-26-2012, 03:42 PM   #6
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griff View Post
Let's see, a wholesale switch to natural gas causes Pennsylvania to supplant Saudi Arabia in energy exports, then we legalize pot so Kentucky can replace Mexico and California ousts Colombia. Nations job numbers fixed by 7 am, shall I go to work or back to bed? Take that Washington.
Griff For President of the World!

Tangent: KY has already replaced Mexico, in quality anyway. A friend vacationed in Jamaica a few years ago, and decided to try some of the local variety. He wasn't exactly thrilled. He found the same guy on the beach the next day and the guy wanted to know if he wanted more. Friend said he wasn't real happy w/the first bag. Friend said "Me from KY. Me want the good stuff." Dude said "Be here in tirty minutes, mon." He showed up w/giant buds of the sticky-icky, and said "Me smoked da KY, mon, me know what it take."

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 07:37 PM   #7
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf

An Aussie woman (Chapelle Corby) got busted carrying 4.5 kilos of weed into Bali.

There was a lot of doubt at the time - since when does Australia EXPORT drugs?
Seems that the quality you get in Indonesia isn't up to tourist standards, and this was a very lucrative trade.

If only Chapelle's regular customs official had been on duty like she expected, ready to accept his present, all would have been well. Or if she had done more to hide it than shoving it in her body-board bag.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:32 PM   #8
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griff View Post
Amen, brother, let it run.
I might add, since we exported more oil than we imported last year, you can add that to the natural gas.
Old 04-26-2012, 11:45 PM   #9
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenGum View Post
An Aussie woman (Chapelle Corby) got busted carrying 4.5 kilos of weed into Bali.

There was a lot of doubt at the time - since when does Australia EXPORT drugs?
Seems that the quality you get in Indonesia isn't up to tourist standards, and this was a very lucrative trade.

If only Chapelle's regular customs official had been on duty like she expected, ready to accept his present, all would have been well. Or if she had done more to hide it than shoving it in her body-board bag.
I recently read "Sins of the Father", which as you may know is all about that situation.

After reading it, I lost most of the small amount of sympathy I had left for that family.

Tags
drugs, marijuana, mary jane