The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 06-24-2019, 06:18 PM   #16
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Thumbs up Congrats.. Good for you my friend!!!

Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 08:31 PM   #17
monster
I hear them call the tide

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumberjim View Post
So cool. Great bonding, more skill, license for fun.

keep your head on a swivel, look at side mirrors, pay attention to your lane position, expect stupidity. and most of all, keep the rubber side down.

Yay!

They made us learn on bikes with no mirrors. Because they got fed up of reattaching them.

Same as with so many other things I've learned as an adult, I caused myself trouble by transferring habits from other skills. Bicycling and figure skating came into play in ways they shouldn't have. I dropped my bike three times in one exercise and got a warning. I never dropped it again.

I just did it to see if i could, really. And keep TAFKAPG company. On Wednesday we're going to the Secretary of State together to get our endorsements.
Old 06-24-2019, 08:43 PM   #18
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Friday, I went to the NJ Mvc to get my new jersey driver's license (after 6.5 yrs living here) because the home purchase looms, and I can't lie about where I live any longer.

Amanda was away Fri and Sat nights... Got home around midnight Saturday. She asked to see the new license. I'm red. She says, "this is for cars and motorcycles?"

Fuck.

It wasn't. I didn't think to check. I've had my motorcycle license since I was 18. It just renews.. They missed it. And they kept my pa license with the endorsement on it. I had a photo, but doubted they'd accept that. So this morning I had to go back first thing and get it fixed before they sent my PA license back to PA. Took longer than getting the license. Got a new picture, and am only pink. But I can ride. Although I still haven't since may 22. Just getting a clear sense of focus back.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 08:59 PM   #19
monster

ha... that was one thing they said to us as they were handing out the pass slips... every time you renew, make sure the endorsement is still on there, they often fuck up that way.

btw. I FUCKING DID IT!!!!!!!! That is all for now. So many people have called me bad ass for doing it, I started telling people not to mess with me 'cause I'm bad ass
Old 06-24-2019, 09:16 PM   #20
fargon
Person who doesn't update the user title

Yes You Are!!!
Heavily medicated for the good of mankind.
fargon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 11:43 PM   #21
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
my motorcycle basic rider course. Now I can get a motorcycle endorsement on my license.
Of course you did, I would expect you to, just like every other thing you wanted to do... triathlon... figure skating... PhD in Math ferchristsake.
You could probably wrestle a Giant Squid and win if you wanted it.
Old 06-25-2019, 01:24 PM   #22
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
So many people have called me bad ass for doing it, I started telling people not to mess with me 'cause I'm bad ass
You didn't need anyone to tell you that.

Rock on.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 07:03 PM   #23
monster

Apparently Belle Tire didn't get the bad ass memo. They will regret it. That story to be told.....
Old 06-26-2019, 01:09 PM   #24
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Belle Tire
Is that the main character in some Disney movie?

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Old 06-26-2019, 04:18 PM   #25
monster

Fuck em. I couldn't be arsed I decided. I got the refund for the warranty they charged I didn't want, told them why I thought their customer service sucked and then walked. We will be going elsewhere in future. They've been great for 10 years, we've taken all 3 cars to them for everything (except tires). They just lost that business.
Old 06-28-2019, 11:52 AM   #26
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Yep, taking your money somewhere else is about all ya can do now-a-days.

What with arson being frowned upon, and such...

Old 07-08-2019, 09:59 PM   #27
monster

Enterprise didn't get the memo either. I walked out of there too, not getting a penny from me. And I made them drive me home.

The tank CamoBoy drives is in the shop for a long haul to fix the damage a teacher did when she backed into the side of it in the student parking lot. Insurance cover rental. They reserved it, they have a contract with Enterprise. I checked the reservation several times, and the pick-up. there was not one thing they told me the truth about. Apart from the fact that neither of my boys would be able to drive it. They did not pick me up at the agreed time, I got a ride there. fine. they didn't have the basic bottom-level car but they'd give me what they had for that price. fine. That price is more than the amount covered by my insurance. despite them being contracted by my insurance to provide at that rate and assuring me over the phone there were no extras I'd have to pay if neither of my boys were going to be driving..... "oh central reservation must have got it wrong, I can't change anything, above my paygrade..." Above my paygrade"????? GONE
Old 07-08-2019, 10:01 PM   #28
monster

(I still have the car i use on a regular basis, was working on Camoboy being able to drive it while I drove the rental... it'll be fine, he can bike to work, forecast is good so far...) ((It's a stick, he's still learning that skill...))
Old 07-09-2019, 06:27 PM   #29
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

If he's LEARNING how to drive a stick shift, there's no better ride than someone else's car.
Old 07-09-2019, 08:21 PM   #30
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigV View Post
If he's LEARNING how to drive a stick shift, there's no better ride than someone else's car.
lol but the stick is MINE. So he ain't driving it unaccompanied 'til he's learned it good The third car is also stick and is more of a beater, but older son is using it while the archaeologist is abroad... and then it will be hers so I better not let camoboy fuck it up....