The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Cellar-related > Cellar Meta
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Cellar Meta Users, threads, etiquette, posting, usage, forums, why this place matters or doesn't

Old 08-09-2016, 10:07 AM   #16
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Javelin?
A very underrated car. I've always been a Camaro guy, but the Javelin and AMX were sharp!
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 01:44 PM   #17
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by elSicomoro View Post
A very underrated car. I've always been a Camaro guy, but the Javelin and AMX were sharp!
Damn skippy. Almost bought an AMX a couple times.

Name:  ohyeah.jpg
Views: 192
Size:  53.7 KB

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 04:51 PM   #18
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

one of the ugliest cars ever
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 05:09 PM   #19
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Yeah, I can see where it might be an acquired taste.

Try seeing it with the 390, Holley four-barrel, and a four-speed.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Old 08-10-2016, 07:31 PM   #20
Griff
still says videotape

I wish there was a thread about the Clinton Foundation.
Old 08-10-2016, 07:38 PM   #21
monster
I hear them call the tide

she probably wears something really heavy for the cameras -the lighting can wash all your natural color out. Probably still not as much as Squirrelwig McOrangeitis tho. Surely you can't get color like that without "assistance"
Old 08-10-2016, 07:53 PM   #22
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

She probably wears a girdle and him leotards.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 10:55 PM   #23
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by classicman View Post

Poor Chrissy Amphlett

Old 02-22-2017, 12:14 AM   #24
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Dump

I am way behind on sharing with you guys. Here I surrender the perfectly placed post to the good enough general group grab bag.

I've been adding tools to my woodshop. Tonight I bought a used tablesaw, late 1980s Craftsman model 113.298842. No legs, no blade. weighs nine thousand pounds. It's still in the truck.

Oh, yeah. I bought a truck. 1994 Ford Ranger XLT, 4wd. It's been around (the Earth nine times), and is in remarkably good cosmetic shape for it's vintage.

I got a nice 6" jointer by Delta for cheap, $60. I paid $80 for the tablesaw. Funny thing about the jointer, the blades are in ... wrong. I'll post the pics soon. (maybe).

I made a trip to Ballard and ransomed my drill press and my bandsaw from my nephew's garage. They're here now.

I got a little Craftsman bench grinder for $20. Needs a couple bolts to hold the guards in place, but the tool rests are in good shape, got a wire wheel and an extra grinding wheel, and a fourpack of polishing compound...

I feel I missed out on a two-fer, a lathe and a bandsaw for $200, including the lathe tools and a spindle copier thingy. and it was just around the block. but ... didn't get it.

I'm still trying to get the space Twil's given me into shape for a shop. I have a LOT of work ahead of me. But I long for the day when I can come home and unwind by making some sawdust and some doodads and some crafty crafts and some shavings... it's gonna be great.

Before then, I have a deck to build. Twil's been saving all her overtime and the deck that is there is gonna go. The truck will be put to truck use hauling away the demolished remains, a proper installation of a new cedar deck will follow and it will be crowned with a new hot bacuzzi. Now that, my friends, is incentive.

A couple weeks ago, we had snow. Not a snow storm, just windless heavy wet snow. And it murdered several of the very tall laurels around the property. Closed the driveway and gave me a whole day's work. Fuuuck. That's a lot of work. And some of them came down on the neighbor's house and shed. I've cut away most of those, but have only recently made room in the place where I can make a brushpile. Good thing I have a little truck. Pics later.

And I have to catch you all up on my Mom's status. (ooo drama, not really, she's ok).

And I have a fuckton to catch up on with Trump. What. A. Maroon. The resistance is strong against this one.

Ok, it's late. I'm tired. I'm gonna post this without proofing it or making it pretty or or or or (do not let the perfect be the enemy of the good)

POST!
Old 02-22-2017, 01:15 AM   #25
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

The deck is not a good investment, but twil naked in the bacuzzi throws that out the window.
Attached Images

Old 02-22-2017, 06:47 AM   #26
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Yabbut those averages include people whose houses already had perfectly good versions of the thing they replaced, they just wanted a different style and are under the foolish belief that their personal taste will appeal to everyone.

Our first house was a deliberate fixer-upper; we put less than $15,000 into remodeling, including they hypothetical cost of labor which we actually did ourselves for free... and sold it for $64,000 more than the original price.

Then again, the wooden deck we added cost a damn sight less than $10,707, so who knows what crack this list is smoking.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 08:40 AM   #27
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

They're pricing hiring a contractor.
Old 02-22-2017, 08:52 AM   #28
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Maybe it's because I'm down south where there are no unions and construction labor is cheap (and doesn't speak English.) You could get a deck built here for $10K, I'm sure, but you could also get it built for under $2,000.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 10:10 AM   #29
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
$9000 of that would be the cost of the cedar here. But he's in the specific north west so I'm guessing the $9000 is going to go towards Starbucks or Victrola since cedar grows on trees out there.
Old 02-22-2017, 01:27 PM   #30
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by footfootfoot View Post
...since cedar grows on trees out there.