The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Politics

Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

Old 08-18-2018, 07:01 AM   #331
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

But she has the kind of legs you like, right?
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 07:08 AM   #332
Griff
still says videotape

The women kind.
Old 08-18-2018, 07:15 AM   #333
sexobon

It's an old joke, said about a guy who's not fussy about the women; She's got the kind of legs he likes, feet on one end and pussy on the other.

(the first half suffices in polite company)
Old 08-18-2018, 12:10 PM   #334
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Can't recall if I posted this already and can't be arsed searching :P

. Recommend going full screen for when there's text on screen.

1. The rise of fascism...

I highly recommend watching the other episodes.

Trump is not Hitler...

I highly recommend checking out the rest of the series ( there's another 2, don't know if he's planning more)

Last edited by DanaC; 08-18-2018 at 12:34 PM.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 12:38 PM   #335
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

You know you want a picture of him and Liz.
Attached Images

Old 08-26-2018, 12:40 PM   #336
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

In a similar Watergate timeline, this is when John McCord realized he would be jailed for decades due to his felonies for Nixon. This last week, many of The Don's henchmen turned states evidence. One is so wacko extremist as to deny his felonies - and was prosecuted. There will always be some Gordon Liddy types.

Because so many are exposing evil and corruption by this president, then the President is repeatedly attacking his Attorney General - Jeff Sessions. Does this sound like a Saturday Night massacre is about to happen? Watergate deja vue. Sure sounds like it. This president even makes Nixon look honest.

John McCain just died. Most patriotic leaders from both parties praise him - from the heart and not to be politically correct. The Don cannot. He posts sympathies to McCain's family with an unstated and obvious implication. Sorry that they had John McCain in their family.

We can expect every former president to appear at McCain's viewing or funeral. But one will not because McCain specifically said so. The Don (an evil man) is uninvited. Which makes the many other presidents happy. Since The Don has repeatedly violated an unwritten rule among presidents. Never criticize and blame past presidents. Only a corrupt Mafioso leader would not understand that. The Don obviously is disdained by all previous and living presidents.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 02:20 PM   #337
sexobon

All most likely inconsequential. The Republican Governor of Arizona is expected to replace McCain with someone who is more party line.
Old 08-31-2018, 05:42 PM   #338
tw

Company executives, brainwashed by business school concepts and The Don's wacko extremist talk show hosts, cheered when Trump started a trade war on aluminum and steel. A classic example is the owner of American Keg. He still thinks those tariffs are good. And was completely taken by surprise when his costs skyrocketed. His customers are now buying kegs from overseas. Did he have basic economic knowledge? Did he not understand the obvious? Did he even know that many metals necessary for American products are not made productively in America? Some companies are so anti-American as to still use 1964 technology blast furnaces to make steel. Tariffs were created to protect America's least productive industries.

America Keg now laid off a third of their workforce. The owner said he was surprised it happened. A perfect example of another brainwashed by Alex Jones, Rush Limbaugh, and Sean Hannity.

Those tariffs have started doing and will increase major damage to markets (the American economy). But significant damage will be apparent for years. His 'wacko extremist' inspired tariffs are now creating major price increases in paper, polypropylene, and other materials consumed by America's productive and now intentionally harmed businesses.

Does not matter. Extremists still believe The Don has done good. We will see those result years later when companies some companies finally file for bankruptcy.

Pain has been especially hard on part suppliers for the auto industry. A threat that has not been seen in that industry since George Jr's economics created a massive recession many years later - including the death of Lehman Bros.
Old 09-20-2018, 03:27 PM   #339
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

He has proposed a new wall:
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guardian
Donald Trump suggested the Spanish government tackled the Mediterranean migration crisis by emulating one of his most famous policies and building a wall across the Sahara desert, the country’s foreign minister has revealed.

According to Josep Borrell, the US president brushed off the scepticism of Spanish diplomats – who pointed out that the Sahara stretched for 3,000 miles – saying: “The Sahara border can’t be bigger than our border with Mexico.”

I suppose, if he meant the Sahara's border with Spain, he's right.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 10:39 PM   #340
tw

The Don is upset because Mexican money is not in a new budget. Did they forget to bill Mexico?
Old 10-08-2018, 10:31 AM   #341
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

A book by Michael Lewis, The Fifth Risk

From here
Quote:
On the story which concludes the book, about a woman in Oklahoma who prayed for a tornado to destroy her barn

First let's explain why Miss Finley wanted her barn gone: Her husband had killed himself in the barn, and she imagined this act of destruction would come and kind of ease her pain — she wouldn't have to stare at the barn any longer. And what she doesn't imagine is that the same tornado that's going to come take her barn is going to destroy her house, and she didn't want that.

And I thought it was a kind of a lovely metaphor for what Trump voters imagine — or how their imaginations work, or how the human imagination works. It imagines the destruction it wants; it imagines the destruction it wants Trump to inflict on the things it doesn't like about the government.

It doesn't imagine all the collateral damage — it doesn't imagine the damage it will actually do. And I think this failure of the imagination is somewhere near the center of what we're going through right now.
I like this little story, it matches neatly with how I imagine many or most Trump supporters feel.

More later, Y has just arrived.
Old 10-08-2018, 11:57 AM   #342
henry quirk
maskless: yesterday, today, tomorrow

"it imagines the destruction it wants Trump to inflict on the things it doesn't like about the government. It doesn't imagine all the collateral damage — it doesn't imagine the damage it will actually do."

Mebbe so.

Could be, however' a goodly chunk of 'Trump voters' are willin' to crawl on nekkid bellies across a mile and a half of glass shards and razors if it means *commies like yourself lose.

Could be a whole whack of 'Trump voters' are well aware of all the unavoidable consequences. Could be they see Trump as the debilitating (possibly lethal) chemo/radiative onslaught needed to kill a deep-rooted cancer.

Could be, mebbe, you think?

*quite apart from Karl and his apostles, if you see gov as solution, think it should do more, think it should direct you, think of it as anything other than a neccessary evil, a slippery tool, then -- yeah -- you're a fuckin' commie (communitarian, or communist...half a dozen of one, six of the other)
henry quirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 12:17 PM   #343
Glinda
Fucktard Resistance League

The government is nothing more than a multi-use tool. If we forego the good that tool can do and turn it into a bludgeon to smite our fellow Americans, we as a people suffer the consequences. ALL OF US.

Not just those on the left, not just those on the right. Not some of us, but ALL OF US.
Glinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 12:54 PM   #344
Griff
still says videotape

^this

It is only a tool. I used to imagine our government like a pendulum sensible voters pulling us back from too far left or too far right. Now a shit-ton of sensible people are on the sidelines and main street goes unrepresented while banking and other corporate interests have their way with the lawmaking and public purse. It pisses everyone* off and a certain percentage of pissed off people are willing to lay the anger off on folks who've only recently begun to make cultural inroads.

*not everyone
Old 10-08-2018, 01:13 PM   #345
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry quirk View Post
Could be, however' a goodly chunk of 'Trump voters' are willin' to crawl on nekkid bellies across a mile and a half of glass shards and razors if it means *commies like yourself lose.
I think that's accurate. Hillary got a lot of flack for saying it, but she underestimated their count.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cheesecake