The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 02-05-2011, 09:02 PM   #1
monster
I hear them call the tide

Let's get Quizzical!

1. When was the last time you scored a goal, and what game were you playing? Grav, steady...... this is not a NSFW thread
  2. Do you set your alarm for the last minute and jump out of bed, or earlier and get up slowly?
  3. Do you like to drive in the snow?
  4. Do you walk across grassed areas if it's quicker/shorter than staying on the paths?
  5. How many people do you know called Hazel?
  6. Would you change your last name/surname/family name to Coca Cola, Walmart, or Google if they paid you $500,000? If not, what is your price?
  7. If you were a baddie/bad-guy in a Batman move, what would your name be, and what would be your last (dying) line?
  8. What language would you like to learn (other than English in all its forms)
  9. Bud or Labatts?
  10. Have you ever had to go to (the) hospital to have a foreign object removed from your body?
  11. Do you know how to knit and purl?
  12. Have you ever done your kids' homework for them?
  13. What USB device/gadget would you like to see?
  14. Do you write notes on your hands?
  15. Can you juggle three or more balls?
  16. Are Spiders more scary than guns -to you? -no politics discussion required
  17. You're walking in the park, you're distracted by a flash of red....what is it?
  18. 23 or 18?

Old 02-05-2011, 09:14 PM   #2
monster
I hear them call the tide

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
  1. When was the last time you scored a goal, and what game were you playing? Grav, steady...... this is not a NSFW thread
    NO GOALS HERE
  2. Do you set your alarm for the last minute and jump out of bed, or earlier and get up slowly?
    EARLIER
    YES
  4. Do you walk across grassed areas if it's quicker/shorter than staying on the paths?
    YES
  6. Would you change your last name/surname/family name to Coca Cola, Walmart, or Google if they paid you $500,000? If not, what is your price?
    DEPENDS HOW MANY PEOPLE INCLUDED IN THEIR OFFER/HOW THEY SELECTED ME BUT YES, NOT PASSIONATELY DEVOTED TO IT, IT COULD BE FOR SALE... (Jennifer goverment, anyone?)
  7. If you were a baddie/bad-guy in a Batman move, what would your name be, and what would be your last (dying) line?
    MONSTER "AN APOSTROPHE DOESN'T MEAN "LOOK OUT! HERE COMES AN S!"
    RUSSIAN
  9. Bud or Labatts?
    BUD
  10. Have you ever had to go to (the) hospital to have a foreign object removed from your body?
    YUP. PAPER TOWEL IN THE EAR
    YUP
    SORTA BUT NEVER COMPLETELY. wE HAVE FORMATTED AND PRINTED SCIENCE FAIR PROECTS AND STUCK THEM ON DISPLAY BOARDS.
    BEER FETCHER
    YUP
    ISH
    NO
  17. You're walking in the park, you're distracted by a flash of red....what is it?
    FAT JOGGER
  18. 23 or 18?

Old 02-05-2011, 09:44 PM   #3
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

When was the last time you scored a goal, and what game were you playing? Grav, steady...... this is not a NSFW thread

199x, inline hockey

Do you set your alarm for the last minute and jump out of bed, or earlier and get up slowly?

(Report to antidepressant thread.) For the first 36 years of my life it took me an hour to wake up. On Paxil, I wake up immediately. So I used to be a set-it-early sort, now I can get up at the last minute.

Do you like to drive in the snow?

S'awesome. Because I work from home, so snow driving is for pleasure only.

Do you walk across grassed areas if it's quicker/shorter than staying on the paths?

Certainly.

How many people do you know called Hazel?

None

Would you change your last name/surname/family name to Coca Cola, Walmart, or Google if they paid you $500,000? If not, what is your price?

I would only change to Google, because they aren't evil.

If you were a baddie/bad-guy in a Batman move, what would your name be, and what would be your last (dying) line?

The Civil Reëngineer. Umlaut required. I would assemble forces to correct poorly-engineered roads, bridges, public parks, etc. under cover of darkness. Final line: "This exit lane... is... too short..."

What language would you like to learn (other than English in all its forms)

I would like to relearn French and revisit Montreal and be really rude to the waiters.

Bud or Labatts?

Labatts, despite above answer.

Have you ever had to go to (the) hospital to have a foreign object removed from your body?

Only if bad tonsils are foreign

Do you know how to knit and purl?

My dog is named Purl.

Have you ever done your kids' homework for them?

I don't have kids, but at age 8 I would show flashcards to a 7 year old, and improved his grades.

What USB device/gadget would you like to see?

Gesture input device, so you can do stuff just waving your hands in the air (like you just don't care)

Do you write notes on your hands?

Definitely.

Can you juggle three or more balls?

No just the two.

Are Spiders more scary than guns -to you?

No.

You're walking in the park, you're distracted by a flash of red....what is it?

A border collie has a red kerchief around its neck.

23 or 18?

By the age difference rule of thumb, half your age plus 7, both are out of my range. But women are not interesting until they're about 35.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 10:57 PM   #4
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

When was the last time you scored a goal, and what game were you playing?

Would have to be Capture the Flag, sometime around the age of 10. I've played sports since then, but I was always the goalie.

Do you set your alarm for the last minute and jump out of bed, or earlier and get up slowly?

I don't set an alarm. I sleep until my kids scream and wake me up.

My city shuts down when there is snow. I've never attempted driving in it because there's nowhere to go.

Do you walk across grassed areas if it's quicker/shorter than staying on the paths?

Yeah... unless it's a busy area with a lot of people walking, and I'd be the only one taking the shortcut. Then I don't want to look like the lazy one.

None.

Would you change your last name/surname/family name to Coca Cola, Walmart, or Google if they paid you $500,000? If not, what is your price?

Absolutely. Out of those choices I'd go with Walmart, because then I would sigh and mutter, "It's Swedish," or whatever, and people would just pity me for getting shafted with an unlucky name. I wouldn't want people to know I'd gotten $500K, because then it would get all awkward. Mr. Clod and I have actually had a conversation along these lines: if we won the lottery (pretty hard since we don't play, but if,) I wouldn't want to tell anyone, especially family. He insisted we'd have to tell them, it would only be right... to which I responded that I guess that means that if we won the lottery I wouldn't be telling him, either.

If you were a baddie/bad-guy in a Batman move, what would your name be, and what would be your last (dying) line?

I'd be the Vocal Timbre, and my last line would be, "It's pronounced tamber, you fuckers!"

Japanese.

Bud or Labatts?

No thanks.

Have you ever had to go to (the) hospital to have a foreign object removed from your body?

Removed, yes. But being born on American soil, they are full-fledged citizens.

No, but I can do a basic net crochet stitch.

No, but in 3rd grade I tricked my mother into doing mine for me. I told her (calling out from the other room, she was bathing my brother) that I didn't believe she was as smart as she said she was, and I wanted to test how fast she could answer some random arithmetic problems...

Personal chef.

Most definitely.

Can't even manage two.

Not unless we're talking about a deadly spider.

The ninja child trying to escape the confines of the playscape.

23 or 18?

Oh, I prefer the DC citizens' right to vote over Prohibition, no doubt.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 02:36 AM   #5
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
  1. When was the last time you scored a goal, and what game were you playing? Grav, steady...... this is not a NSFW thread This one time, at band camp--Oh wait--Uh, Little League Basketball. I was around twelve (we were unbeaten in the "season" & won the league championship)
  2. Do you set your alarm for the last minute and jump out of bed, or earlier and get up slowly? Happily, there is no need for an alarm clock in my life.
  3. Do you like to drive in the snow? Yes, but, the other drivers are what worries me
  4. Do you walk across grassed areas if it's quicker/shorter than staying on the paths? Sometimes
  5. How many people do you know called Hazel? Two. One woman (an acquaintance's wife) & one man (a different acquaintance's nick name from high-school)
  6. Would you change your last name/surname/family name to Coca Cola, Walmart, or Google if they paid you $500,000? If not, what is your price? No. My price, due to the bullshit that would be involved, $5,000,000
  7. If you were a baddie/bad-guy in a Batman movie, what would your name be, Gravdigr and what would be your last (dying) line? You look like a pimp.
  8. What language would you like to learn (other than English in all its forms) Gaelic, maybe. Or Lakota Sioux
  9. Bud or Labatts? Between those two, Bud (light)
  10. Have you ever had to go to (the) hospital to have a foreign object removed from your body? No, but, I went in to have two foreign objects put in my body, pins, in the pinky knuckle
  11. Do you know how to knit and purl? I can neither knit, purl, or Perl.
  12. Have you ever done your kids' homework for them? No kids.
  13. What USB device/gadget would you like to see? A USB-powered STD detector?
  14. Do you write notes on your hands? Occasionally
  15. Can you juggle three or more balls? No. Sheldon might...
  16. Are Spiders more scary than guns -to you? -no politics discussion required Spiders, although no one's ever pointed one at me
  17. You're walking in the park, you're distracted by a flash of red....what is it? The 'Lady in Red' from those Stacy Keach 'Mike Hammer' movies
  18. 23 or 18? Eighteen. I know, and I apologize.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 05:37 AM   #6
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

1. When was the last time you scored a goal, and what game were you playing?
    Absolutely no idea. Probably back in school in netball
    Early - Diz comes into my bed for a snuggle when the alarm goes off, so I purposely allow myself the opportunity to hit Snooze
    Probably not - I haven't yet anyway
    Depends on the weather. Completely dry or frozen ground then yes
    One now, a schoolgirl. Previously also a Great Aunt by marriage (recently deceased)
    £1 million and you can call me what the heck you like
    Sour Cherry I think and my last line would be "So much for healthy living..."
    Learn? Probably Italian. Know automatically and instantly with no effort, Mandarin or Japanese
  9. Bud or Labatts? Hmmm. Neither. Which is stronger? I seem to remember American Bud being pretty much alcohol free.
  10. Have you ever had to go to (the) hospital to have a foreign object removed from your body? Yes. Splinter and piece of gravel.
    I did. I can probably pick it up again quite easily.
    N/A
  13. What USB device/gadget would you like to see? I don't understand the question. A toaster?
    Not any more, my Mum finally nagged me out of it.
    Not even one.
    No, guns win.
    An empty packet of Walkers Ready Salted crisps
  18. 23 or 18?
    23, I was a little more stable than

Last edited by Sundae; 02-06-2011 at 05:43 AM. Reason: Formatting
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 06:14 AM   #7
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

# When was the last time you scored a goal, and what game were you playing? A goal? never I think. I have been know to get a dart into a dart board, but that was a while ago, too.
# Do you set your alarm for the last minute and jump out of bed, or earlier and get up slowly? Earlier - I like an hour to get organised before I leave the house
# Do you like to drive in the snow? Actually ... it's OK (so far!).
# Do you walk across grassed areas if it's quicker/shorter than staying on the paths? Yup
# How many people do you know called Hazel? One
# Would you change your last name/surname/family name to Coca Cola, Walmart, or Google if they paid you $500,000? If not, what is your price? Nope.
# If you were a baddie/bad-guy in a Batman move, what would your name be, and what would be your last (dying) line? KnitPicker "Dangit! I've dropped my last stitch!"
# What language would you like to learn (other than English in all its forms) Japanese (I had a go at it once, and would like to keep it next time!
# Bud or Labatts? I've never tried labatts
# Have you ever had to go to (the) hospital to have a foreign object removed from your body? Nope
# Do you know how to knit and purl? Oh, YES!!!!
# Have you ever done your kids' homework for them? Noes, no kids
# What USB device/gadget would you like to see? Something to review what's in the food cupboard and come up with recipes that I like, BB likes and that don't cause gout or raise your cholesterol
# Do you write notes on your hands? No
# Can you juggle three or more balls? No
# Are Spiders more scary than guns -to you? -no politics discussion required No
# You're walking in the park, you're distracted by a flash of red....what is it? a poppy
# 23 or 18? 23, but there's not much difference, things got better much later than that!
Old 02-06-2011, 06:21 AM   #8
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad View Post

The Civil Reëngineer. Umlaut required. I would assemble forces to correct poorly-engineered roads, bridges, public parks, etc. under cover of darkness. Final line: "This exit lane... is... too short..."

But that is NOT (so very not) a bad guy! When can you come to Arran with your superpowers?
Old 02-06-2011, 07:41 AM   #9
Griff
still says videotape

Quote:
  1. When was the last time you scored a goal, and what game were you playing? Practicing field hockey with kid recently, playing soccer 199?
  2. Do you set your alarm for the last minute and jump out of bed, or earlier and get up slowly? slowly but to a busy morning
  3. Do you like to drive in the snow? I love it.
  4. Do you walk across grassed areas if it's quicker/shorter than staying on the paths? more of a path walker
  5. How many people do you know called Hazel? 0
  6. Would you change your last name/surname/family name to Coca Cola, Walmart, or Google if they paid you $500,000? If not, what is your price? No, pretty damn high.
  7. If you were a baddie/bad-guy in a Batman move, what would your name be, and what would be your last (dying) line? The Herdsman - You got me baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaadddd.
  8. What language would you like to learn (other than English in all its forms) I really don't know.
  9. Bud or Labatts? No thank you.
  10. Have you ever had to go to (the) hospital to have a foreign object removed from your body? I once had a chunk of turkey removed from my esophagus.
  11. Do you know how to knit and purl? Nope.
  12. Have you ever done your kids' homework for them? Nope.
  13. What USB device/gadget would you like to see? Nose-hair trimmer.
  14. Do you write notes on your hands? No.
  15. Can you juggle three or more balls? Yep.
  16. Are Spiders more scary than guns -to you? -no politics discussion required Neither is scarey. I have a spider working by my left ear right now and a small caliber rifle leaning against the wall in case of coyote.
  17. You're walking in the park, you're distracted by a flash of red....what is it? Tori Hunter getting thrown out at third.
  18. 23 or 18? 23

Old 02-06-2011, 08:47 AM   #10
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

Quote:
  1. When was the last time you scored a goal, and what game were you playing? Grav, steady...... this is not a NSFW threadRugby game 1992 Ft. Campbell RFC.

2. Do you set your alarm for the last minute and jump out of bed, or earlier and get up slowly?Get up early and organize everything the night before work.
  3. Do you like to drive in the snow?Only if there are no other drivers on the road, otherwise no.
  4. Do you walk across grassed areas if it's quicker/shorter than staying on the paths?No. Use the sidewalks they are there for a reason.
  5. How many people do you know called Hazel?None.
  6. Would you change your last name/surname/family name to Coca Cola, Walmart, or Google if they paid you $500,000? If not, what is your price?No. Not unless I could hyphenate it.
  7. If you were a baddie/bad-guy in a Batman move, what would your name be, and what would be your last (dying) line?The Merc. "Ugggggggggggg.."
  8. What language would you like to learn (other than English in all its forms)Latin and Gaelic.
  9. Bud or Labatts?Labatts!
  10. Have you ever had to go to (the) hospital to have a foreign object removed from your body?No.
  11. Do you know how to knit and purl?No.
  12. Have you ever done your kids' homework for them?No, but I checked it for correctness and made them fix it before they turned it in.
  13. What USB device/gadget would you like to see?Sat TV.
  14. Do you write notes on your hands?No.
  15. Can you juggle three or more balls?No, only 2.
  16. Are Spiders more scary than guns -to you? -no politics discussion requiredNo. Neither are scary.
  17. You're walking in the park, you're distracted by a flash of red....what is it?Hot chick jogging.
  18. 23 or 18?18.

Old 02-06-2011, 01:58 PM   #11
Nirvana
Back in 10

Quote:
    About a year ago Fuseball.
    I have no alarm clock I get up at 7:30am everyday.
    I have a 4x4 pick up so of course!
    Shortcut!
    Only one. She was in my 2nd grade class and I made all the kids be nice to her one day. Her family was poor and people were mean to her most of the time.
    I'd ask for a Mil then I would hyphenate all three names.
    I would be a bad girl "Dilligara" and my last line of course would be, "Do I look like I give a rat's ass?"
    Chinese, in case we are all speaking that language soon...
  9. Bud or Labatts?
    Labatts, Bud has an aftertaste I have never liked.
    No
    Yes my mother is German I am very crafty
    No kids
    Oxygen concentrator
    No
    I don't know any one balled guys.
    Not afraid of either
    An Irish Setter
  18. 23 or 18?

Old 02-07-2011, 07:53 AM   #12
glatt

When was the last time you scored a goal, and what game were you playing?

Thanksgiving Day, playing soccer in my MIL's backyard with the kids.

Earlier and slowly. I move slow in the morning.

I love it if I have the road to myself. But here in DC, I never have the road to myself, and the other drivers are pretty much idiots. So I actually HATE to drive in the snow.

If the ground's not wet, yes.

One, if she's still alive. It's been years and she was old.

Probably, but it would have to be more like $1 million. I'd want to pay off the house and put both kids through college.

That's easy. I'm The diSComBobuLaTOr, and I'd say something random like "The violets are screaming!"

Don't really want to learn anything, but I'd love to know Spanish.

Bud or Labatts?

Labatts, because I know Bud is nothing special and I've never tried Labatts.

No. But I should have. 2 inch long glass shard in my foot that I pulled out myself. It got infected.

I don't even know what that means. Is that like curds and whey?

Yes. A little. But only in the form of helping more than I should when explaining stuff.

Some sort of portable memory storage

Never

No.

Depends on the context for both. Either can be scarier.

A frisbee.

23 or 18?

glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 08:35 AM   #13
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable

When was the last time you scored a goal, and what game were you playing? Grav, steady...... this is not a NSFW thread
IN REAL COMPETITION, STREET HOCKEY, 198? PLAYING SOCCER WITH YOUNGEST ABOUT 3 YEARS AGO.

EARLY

LIGHT TO MODERATE, YES. MORE THAN 6 INCHES, NO

NO

$500,000 PER YEAR? SURE. ONE TIME, $5,000,000.

THE FATMAN "DRAG ME TO THE FRITOS"

CHINESE

Bud or Labatts?
LABATTS

NO

I'M NO STOCKINETTE STITCHER!

NOT "DONE", BUT EXTREME HELPAGE.

VAGINA

NEVER

NOT FOR MORE THAN 3 SECONDS

Are Spiders more scary than guns -to you? -no politics discussion required
NO

23 or 18?
Old 02-07-2011, 10:13 AM   #14
GunMaster357
Professor

Quote:
  9. Bud or Labatts?
  18. 23 or 18?

1. I don't remember... Otherwise, girls are my game...
  2. 4 alarms with a quarter hour between them, then jump out of my bed cause I'm late and didn't heard them...
  3. Yes
  4. Yes, unless forbidden
  5. No one... Are you nut?
  6. No, I'm not nut
  7. My current handle will do... and I don't intend to die (gotcha Batman !!!)
  8. Russian
  9. Guinness
  10. No
  11. No
  12. Don't have kids, and I wouldn't do it anyway. Helping would be OK.
  13. Seen them all, even the USB vibrator!
  14. No, I commit them to memory
  15. I usually shoot them balls. For juggling I prefer oranges.
  16. Guns are useful with proper handling. Spiders are useful, too: they kill mosquitoes
  17. My next target... Neighbor's teacup chihuahua with its coat.
  18. 18! Before: they're not legal. After: too set in their ways!
Old 02-15-2011, 03:28 PM   #15
toranokaze
I'm still a jerk

Quote:
  2. some kind of card game... in the past
    Do you set your alarm for the last minute and jump out of bed, or earlier and get up slowly? Depends I enjoy a slow morning but sometimes I need an extra 30 min nap
  3. Do you like to drive in the snow? I have never had the opportunity
  4. Do you walk across grassed areas if it's quicker/shorter than staying on the paths? Of Course
    Never met one
    Nevada stole my answer
    The Exterminator. "Rosebud"
    French, Spanish
  9. Bud or Labatts?
    Green bud if you would
    no I have never been amitted to a hospital
    WHAT?
  12. Have you ever done your kids' homework for them? Don't have kids
  13. What USB device/gadget would you like to see? a car
  14. Do you write notes on your hands? Not since I got a blackberry
  15. Can you juggle three or more balls? no
  16. Are Spiders more scary than guns -to you? -no politics discussion required No
    Snipers
  18. 23 or 18? 18 was more hopeful than 23

It is the ignorance of ignorance that lead to the death of knowledge

The Virgin Mary does not weep for her son, for he is in paradise. She weeps for the world , for we are in suffering.
toranokaze is offline   Reply With Quote