The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 01-04-2011, 07:56 AM   #16
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

she's completely beautiful and I see nothing wrong with her teeth (and mine are completely straight thru fluke of genes not dentistry) - I think her teeth are charming. Like Kirsten Dunst.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 08:13 AM   #17
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
I am not a teeth fetishist, but there is always something that is a dealbreaker for anyone. SWMBO went to school with a guy who said that if a woman had small breasts, she might as well not even have a head. That is clearly his trip, not a general matter of fact.

I've done some teeth retouching in photoshop and have seen that a lot of personality and character is lost (sometimes for the better) when teeth are fixed.

My dentist has a before and after set of photos of peopple who've had cosmetic dentistry done. In 90% of the photos the people look about 25-50 IQ points higher in the after photos. There is always one person who has work done needlessly (due to some mental problems) and those people don't usually look better.

That said, there is nothing wrong with the girl in those pictures as far as I can see.
Old 01-04-2011, 08:39 AM   #18
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Thanks for the responses. I completely get that we all have our own deal breakers, and crooked teeth are clearly his deal breaker...

I was curious more because I know that as a Brit I have a different orientation to these things. I hadn't even noticed her teeth til it was pointed out.

My niece has gorgeous teeth apart from a small gap between her two front teeth. It's tiny, and kind of pretty: bit like that Sookie Stackhouse chick's front teeth. She's really self conscious about it. I, and the rest of the family have been telliing her she looks beautiful and the iny gap just adds to that. After the conversation over on the MO forums, I was wondering if we were steering her wrong ;P
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 09:11 AM   #19
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Gap-toothed I was, and that became me well:
I had the print of Saintè Venus' seal.

As help me God, I was a lusty one,
And fair, and rich, and young, and well begone;

And truly, as mine husbands toldè me,
I had the bestè quoniam might be,

For certès I am all Venerian
In feeling, and my heart is Martian;
Venus me gave my lust and likerousness,

And Mars gave me my sturdy hardiness.
Mine áscendent was Taur, and Mars therein
Old 01-04-2011, 09:18 AM   #20
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Bit of both. Not everyone here gets their teeth fixed. but everyone who poses for professional photos does. And pretty much everyone who doesn't live in a trailer park or ghetto. So they do rather stand out, even though they're not really fucked up. But seriously, if he's let those teeth put him off a shag, he's gay and looking for any excuse.
This.

If she were ugly, she'd be called trailer trash or ghetto (which are nice terms, aren't they?) Nice tits and face makes up for a whole lot of "deficiencies", even a deficient personality. ("WHAT teeth? I don't see me no teeth.") Throw some tape over her mouth and do your business.

She's probably a lovely girl. I don't think her teeth detract from her much, but if I saw those teeth on an overweight girl with greasy hair and a moustache, I'd certainly look at it differently. And so would most of you.

You may now resume looking at everything but her teeth.
Old 01-04-2011, 09:21 AM   #21
glatt

Attached Images

glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 09:58 AM   #22
monster
I hear them call the tide

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaC View Post
I was curious more because I know that as a Brit I have a different orientation to these things. I hadn't even noticed her teeth til it was pointed out.
Ten years ago I bet I wouldn't have noticed either. But it does rather stand out from this side of the pond and the decade.
Old 01-06-2011, 04:05 AM   #23
casimendocina
Professor

Let's look at the other side of things. What do women have to say about men with a gap between their front teeth?
casimendocina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 07:07 AM   #24
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Can't say as I've ever thought about it really...

As long as teeth are clean I don't much care if they're a little uneven.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 07:28 AM   #25
Shawnee123

As long as he doesn't spit on the sidewalk or out his pick-up window, I don't really care. Like Dana said: clean.

I think about people asking other people things like "would you still love me if all my teeth were rotted out?" and the answer, for me, would be "you wouldn't be the same person if all your teeth were rotted out, because 'this' person brushes his teeth and 'that' person obviously doesn't."
Old 01-06-2011, 07:57 AM   #26
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

I'm British. I simply don't focus on teeth.
Two of my ex's had pretty bad teeth (due to childhood neglect). Both had them fixed - one before and one after we were current. I was pleased for them, but it made no difference to their attractiveness in my eyes.

I mean I'm not talking Shane McGowen here... But I did once fall for a man with a slight gap and a chipped front tooth (from opening beer bottles - one of my first little gifts to him was a bottle opener to fit on his keyring).

I cannot abide a man with bad breath though. I was once getting closer and closer to a customer in the pub I worked in. I was really drawn to him. We went on a date and snogged for the first time and I could never see him again after that. I think he was a bit confused, because I'd flirted with him shamelessly and we had such great conversations. But his breath literally smelled of poo. Even the next morning I could smell it on my upper lip, like someone had given me a Dirty Sanchez. Grim.
Old 01-06-2011, 08:38 AM   #27
monster
I hear them call the tide

Didn't you tell him?
Old 01-06-2011, 11:01 AM   #28
Juniper
I know, right?

Dang, maybe I need to find me a British dude.

Do they have different standards for muffin tops too, by chance?
Juniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 11:12 AM   #29
Shawnee123

Nah, but they call them crumpet tops.
Old 01-06-2011, 11:56 AM   #30
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Didn't you tell him?
I was 19 and thought I had the whole world to find my perfect man in.
It just revolted me so much that I decided I couldn't deal with it and cut him off.

As shallow as a friend of mine who ditched a guy after their first shag because he had a penis like a mushroom.
I don't think she discussed it with him either...