The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 04-02-2010, 12:38 PM   #16
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

I'd do Steve Buscemi in a heartbeat. He's a different kind of "not conventionally good looking." Or Benicio Del Toro. That dude up thar looks like a pasty half-woman.
Old 04-02-2010, 12:49 PM   #17
Sheldonrs
Master Dwellar

People spend way to much time judging faces. As a gay man, one thing I've learned is, if you fuck 'em in the ass, it doesn't matter if they even HAVE a face.
But if you fuck 'em in the face, you're shit out of luck.
Old 04-02-2010, 12:52 PM   #18
jinx
Come on, cat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicman View Post
You are again confusing their beliefs with the institution. And to say its "so many" seems rather disingenuous. Singling them out when it was already clearly shown that is not a situation limited to just Catholics.
Ya, but see, what you don't understand about those other churches is excuse, excuse, justification, and redirection. I'm a little disappointed in you...
Old 04-02-2010, 12:57 PM   #19
Pie
Gone and done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheldonrs View Post
People spend way to much time judging faces. As a gay man, one thing I've learned is, if you fuck 'em in the ass, it doesn't matter if they even HAVE a face.
But, you see, you wake up next to the face. Unless you're sleeping with your face in his butt.

Or sneak out at 2am, but I digress.
Old 04-02-2010, 12:59 PM   #20
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Just like politicians, they are all the same. I'm a lot more tainted than you think.
Old 04-02-2010, 12:59 PM   #21
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnee123 View Post
They love being Catholic, molesting priests and hypocrisy and all..
Whoever molested a priest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundae Girl View Post
...I generally fancy "ugly" or "unconventional" men...

Hi, my name's Gravdigr. I like walks on the beach, kittehs, pink hair, and women who like ugly, unconventional men...

Ugly & unconventional...I just may be your dream man!

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 01:00 PM   #22
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicman View Post
Just like politicians, they are all the same. I'm a lot more tainted than you think.
Leave your taint outta this.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Old 04-02-2010, 01:02 PM   #23
Shawnee123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheldonrs View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pie View Post
But, you see, you wake up next to the face. Unless you're sleeping with your face in his butt.

I don't do those kinds of scenes either.

I'll give you everything, but I have to reallllllllllllllly like you, and that includes the face part of you. You don't have to be a beauty, just a real and honest person with a ton of personality and smarts. And by "you" I mean "not you." And by "not you" I mean "no one here specifically so don't be offended."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravdigr View Post
Whoever molested a priest?
I did. No not really. I really must have my brain looked at.
Old 04-02-2010, 01:03 PM   #24
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Unless you're sleeping with your face in his butt.
Rimjob. --shot, rimshot, yeah that's it.

Old 04-02-2010, 01:15 PM   #25
Sheldonrs
Master Dwellar

Quote:

I get home delivery and I don't let the leftovers stay overnight.

Old 04-02-2010, 01:27 PM   #26
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinx View Post
Ya, but see, what you don't understand about those other churches is excuse, excuse, justification, and redirection. I'm a little disappointed in you...
I have to say I'm a little bit disappointed in you, Jinx. Not enough not to love you and all that, just enough for a little sadness to creep in.

I'm sure it's because I was raised Catholic.
If I'd been raised atheist I'd prbably be anti-Catholic anyway, What with the birth control thing and all. I just knew so many decent devout people growing up. And of course grew up under the IRA threat. We had to be whiter than white to prove we weren't terrorists ourselves. No, really - Grandad's surname is Doyle - it was an issue.

I've said before, I am a dyed in the wool atheiest. Nothing short of a personal vision (and that's likely to be drug-induced) will get me to believe in God.

But I do believe that individual people have better ideals than those they are supposed to represent. I would never accuse members of this forum of torture. And I'm sure they would not accuse me - but it has happened. I would not call every single American here a racist because of the Ku Klux Klan, and I would hope no-one would tar me with the same brush as the BNP.

Ha.
I've just defended a religion I don't believe in, while arguing with Dana about another religion I don't believe in. Sigh.
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 01:53 PM   #27
jinx
Come on, cat.

Quote:
I'm sure it's because I was raised Catholic.
Yes, I'm sure it is too.
I think though, that if you stayed on point long enough, instead of trying to make it about everything else you can possibly think of, you'd have to agree there is no excuse.
Old 04-02-2010, 01:56 PM   #28
Shawnee123

I was raised Catholic. 1st grade to 6th grade, Catholic Elementary school. 7th and 8th grade, CCD. 9th grade, rents say it's now up to me. Buh-bye church. I don't trust you. I laid awake at night convinced I would writhe in eternal hell-fire because I looked up an answer on my homework or something. Who needs subjugation by fear?
Old 04-02-2010, 02:17 PM   #29
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinx View Post
Yes, I'm sure it is too.
I think though, that if you stayed on point long enough, instead of trying to make it about everything else you can possibly think of, you'd have to agree there is no excuse.
I think it's because very single Catholic person I know is anti-paedophilia. There is no excuse for it; no-one I know tries to suggest there is any excuse for it; the priests I know (including my Godfather and our family priest for years, who is still a friend of the family) would not condone it...

What has happened is awful. I'm not suggesting otherwise. I do try to stay on point, but when people suggest that being Catholic is ticking a box to say paedos are okay, I use my personal experience to suggest otherwise, or draw comparisons so that people raised outside the Catholic church can understand.

You (by your own admission) can't understand how anyone could continue to be a Catholic after the recent scandals. I, as an atheist, can. I'm pretty sure you know this is not a personal attack. But of course I will defend my family and their friends; knowing as I do that something like paedophilia is anathema to them.

I don't have to share their faith to defend them - if anything I'd think it would clear my eyes.
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 02:45 PM   #30
jinx
Come on, cat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundae Girl View Post
I think it's because very single Catholic person I know is anti-paedophilia. There is no excuse for it; no-one I know tries to suggest there is any excuse for it; the priests I know (including my Godfather and our family priest for years, who is still a friend of the family) would not condone it...
This is where we differ...
I think showing up every week, going thru the rituals, and handing out financial support equates to saying "Keep up the good work".
I'm not trying to make it personal, I know quite a few current and ex-catholics myself, but it doesn't change how I feel.