The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 12-03-2009, 11:30 AM   #16
Queen of the Ryche
is fleeing the scene

I hardly bother washing Eddie, cuz the damned mag chlor and muddy snow just mess him up as soon as he's clean. I joke that I can bring rain by washing my truck.....We do keep the inside pretty clean though.

I'd rather be judged by twelve than carried by six.
Queen of the Ryche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 12:34 PM   #17
Glinda
Fucktard Resistance League

I live at the end of a gravel road that's at the end of a gravel road. This means my truck never gets washed. I feel guilty because I know it can't be good for the paint, but...

In the summer the roads are dusty, and in the winter they're muddy/slushy/snowy. There's no point in washing the darned thing because one ride down my road(s) and it's all boogered up again - whatever time of year.

As for the inside... I confess, it's a mess. Maybe I'll do something about that today.
Glinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 12:41 PM   #18
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Usually my car is a one-person vehicle due to all the gear and trash in the other seats/feeting area. I do my best to try to keep the passenger-side speaker unblocked.

Few years back, J and I were going on our first dates. For some reason, I had to completely clean my car inside and out. And that night was the first time she got into my car... and it was all clean and neat. She seemed actually crestfallen, like, maybe this guy isn't gonna work out. She said, kinda sadly, "Ohhh.. your car is clean..." I laughed and laughed.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 01:24 PM   #19
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad View Post
Usually my car is a one-person vehicle due to all the gear and trash in the other seats/feeting area. I do my best to try to keep the passenger-side speaker unblocked.

Few years back, J and I were going on our first dates. For some reason, I had to completely clean my car inside and out. And that night was the first time she got into my car... and it was all clean and neat. She seemed actually crestfallen, like, maybe this guy isn't gonna work out. She said, kinda sadly, "Ohhh.. your car is clean..." I laughed and laughed.
I think that's a lovely story!
Old 12-03-2009, 03:03 PM   #20
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

It is a wonderful story!

My car is neat, but not clean. I'm in the "never wash the outside" crew, always have been. I've vacuumed the inside maybe three times in 6 years. Trash on the floor bugs me, and I watch the big kids like a hawk as they personally pick up each of their items and carry them back into the house at the end of the ride, because that bugs me even more.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 03:50 PM   #21
Pie
Gone and done

Dirty outside. Inside is . . . well, smudged? I try to get the trash out of it once a week, but haven't vacuumed or washed the windows in a long time. And now there's dog nose-prints on all the windows. And muddy pawprints on the back seats. Pigdog, indeed!
Old 12-03-2009, 05:19 PM   #22
Katkeeper
Hoodoo Guru

How clean is your car

Responding to UT's story, many years ago a good friend of mine was starting to date a woman that he found very attractive. They reached the point where she invited him to her house, which, when he walked into the living room was very clean and neat. They conversed a bit, although he was already thinking "Oh oh, she's too neat for me". They moved on to the kitchen, which was clean but not at all tidy so that he began to feel a little bit better. Her son, who was in the basement, called for help with some kind of crisis, which meant they had to go downstairs to the basement. It was a mess. Charlie immediately felt happy and comfortable and eventually married her.
Katkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote