glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 04:56 PM   #48
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkzenrage View Post
So what? That means nothing.
It is not the what, it was the how.
So what? first of all, you don't know how that family normally adresses each other. Secondly, it's none of your business. Thirdly, who the fuck are you to tell anyone how to live their life.
Old 04-24-2007, 06:10 PM   #49
rkzenrage

Oh, ok... then if a parent beats their kids because that is the way it is done in their family, always has, you have no say?
What he did is abuse, it does not matter that this was the first or hundredth time. That he got caught is a good thing.
Yes, society has a right to put boundaries on assault, for all it's citizens, especially kids.
Old 04-24-2007, 07:05 PM   #50
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

It's your opinion that it was abuse. That doesn't make it so. You are not the judge, jury or even the sheriff.
Dr Spock has produced a bunch of self centered, whining, babies.
Old 04-25-2007, 06:37 AM   #51
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

When my mama got loud, I retracted and became passive-aggressive.

When my mama yelled at me for things I admitted, I stopped talking. I wound up with a minor case of social phobia.

If he wants the girl to answer her phone, this is exactly the way to guarantee it won't happen.

Baldwin made it clear that it was all about him.

The 2nd half of the message:

Quote:
And when I come out there next week, I’m gonna fly out there for the day… just to straighten you out on this issue. I’m gonna let you know just how disappointed in you I am, and how ANGRY at you I am that you’ve done this to me again. You’ve made me feel like SHIT and you’ve made me feel LIKE A FOOL… OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN. And this crap you pull on me with this goddamned phone situation, that you would never DREAM of doing to your mother and you do it to me CONSTANTLY! And over and over again! I am gonna get on a plane, and I am going to come out there for the day, and I am gonna STRAIGHTEN YOUR ASS OUT when I see you! Do you understand me? So you better be ready FRIDAY the 20th to meet with me! Cause I’m gonna let you know just how I feel about what a RUDE LITTLE PIG you really are. You are a RUDE, THOUGHTLESS little pig
What's her response?

A) Gee dad, I can't wait to see you. I'm anticipating the 20th with glee because every day I don't get to see my missing father is sad.

B) I really hope the plane explodes in mid-air.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 08:26 AM   #52
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

C.) Like hell you're coming to see me, assmunch. I'll just send this recording to all my friends so we can laugh about what a dick you are, and then when it gets out to the media a judge will revoke your visitation. Ha ha sucks to be you.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 10:36 PM   #53
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

We know he blew his top on tape. That's all we know.
We do not know what led up to it, if he did it before or anything else.
Nobody has the right to judge him a scumbag without more information than is public. 99% of what I'm hearing is speculation, not evidence.
Old 04-27-2007, 01:19 PM   #54
rkzenrage

It does not matter what lead up to it... you are always accountable for your actions.
He is the adult.
Old 04-27-2007, 02:19 PM   #55
glatt

Quote:
you are always accountable for your actions.
What if you are insane and believe that what you experience in the real world isn't real? Are you responsible for your actions then?
Old 04-27-2007, 02:24 PM   #56
rkzenrage

You are criminally insane and should be locked-up.
That person should, in no way, be allowed to be in custody, in any way, of a minor.
Old 04-27-2007, 02:29 PM   #57
glatt

Quote:
You are criminally insane and should be locked-up.
Of course, but that's avoiding the question. Are you responsible if you are insane? (If you don't understand the difference between right and wrong because of your mental condition?) yes or no?
Old 04-27-2007, 02:38 PM   #58
rkzenrage

No, you are not responsible because you are insane. Which is why those people should not be in society. What does this have to do with this thread? Do you think Baldwin is criminally insane?

Please tell me you are not going to try to make the point that your child can make you angry enough to be insane... that is simply not true.
Old 04-27-2007, 02:52 PM   #59
glatt

Quote:
you are always accountable for your actions.
Quote:
No, you are not responsible because you are insane.
The point I'm trying to make is that you drive me nuts with all these absolute statements you make all over the board. Like you are some kind of judge of everything and the world is always in black and white. You even italicized the word "always" to make it as absolute as you could. Absolute statements like this are virtually always false. All I have to do to prove you wrong is to find one instance where it isn't the case and then it's not true.

You said "you are always accountable for your actions" but then admit that there are times that you are not.

Alec Baldwin may be accountable for his actions, and people in general may be accountable for their actions, but when you put the word "always" into italics, that's where you get proven wrong.

This is what irritates me about your posting style. You may care, you may not. But now you know.
Old 04-27-2007, 03:24 PM   #60
rkzenrage

Then refute them logically, show where I am wrong. When you do I will state that I am wrong and thank you for teaching me.

Ok, those who are not criminally insane are always accountable for their actions.

Thanks for pointing out my oversight.