sugarpop
Professor

heh! I got sasquatch too.
sugarpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 07:09 AM   #62
sugarpop
Professor

Wolf

Wolf can survive either as a loner or as part of a pack, and he howls to remind you that you have to balance the needs of others with the needs of the self. If you’re giving yourself away to your own detriment, you are living in opposition to Wolf medicine. Return to balance—and begin feeding your emotions, your mind, and your body.

Old 04-05-2009, 11:50 AM   #63
sugarpop
Professor

The Crow

Crow is always on the alert for trouble—and their loud caws! warn each other of impending danger, Very little escapes Crow’s keen vision—which is why many cultures associate Crow with the keeper of knowledge. Crow has flapped his way into your life today to bring a message of watchfulness—have you built your nest high enough to really understand what’s going on around you?

Old 04-06-2009, 09:28 AM   #64
sugarpop
Professor

I got wolf again today. I love wolves.
Old 04-10-2009, 11:16 AM   #65
sugarpop
Professor

I swear this is getting creepy how right on some of these draws have been. The other day I drew a card (can't remember exactly which animal it was, I think it was moose) that told me not to pretend I didn't know how something was going to go. Of course I didn't what it was talking about until the next day. And then I drew deer, which told me how to deal with said problem, which I had not been doing. Once I did, it made everything so much easier.

Deer

If you can imagine Bambi, you can imagine the message Deer brings to you today—a message of sweetness, innocence, and gentle spirit. Be delicate today in your communication with other and with yourself. This is definitely not a time for being critical, mean-spirited, or sarcastic. Just as Deer's heart can be easily wounded, so can the heart of your friends, co-workers, or family members.

Today, I got FROG.

Frog

Frog Rivet! Something in your life needs cleansing, and frog is here to help. Frog is traditionally associated with rain—that powerful force of Nature that can flood, nurture, heal, or drown. If Frog appears in your reading, you're being asked to examine what is stagnating in your life—then ask Frog to help you let it go. Need to cry? Jump in the shower and let Frog Medicine do its work.

Old 04-10-2009, 11:34 AM   #66
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

Oh, I haven't done this in a while. I was kind of hoping for a frog because I'm feeling pretty froggy today , but this is even better for me; a friend said something very similar to me recently:

Are you dreaming a dream that's big enough? If Lizard has appeared before you today, the gauntlet has been thrown down, the challenge made. Stop hiding your light beneath a rock—be willing to be bigger than life, to dream bigger than your imagination, to throw caution to the wind, and aim for the target you've spent a lifetime avoiding.
Attached Images

Old 04-10-2009, 05:16 PM   #67
sugarpop
Professor

Oh Shawnee, that reminds me of this speech that I just LOVE LOVE LOVE...

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us.
We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous?
Actually, who are you not to be?
You are a child of God.
Your playing small doesn't serve the world.
There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so
that other people won't feel insecure around you.
We are all meant to shine, as children do.
We are born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us.
It's not just in some of us, it's in everyone.
And as we let our own light shine,
we unconsciously give other
people permission to do the same.
As we are liberated from our own fear,
our presence automatically liberates others."
Old 04-10-2009, 05:22 PM   #68
Shawnee123

ME TOO. I had it hanging up at my old job and packed it away and just never got back to it. It's Nelson Mandela, right?

I love that. I've read it so many times, and as I read your post it all came flooding back. Thanks for that, sugarpop.
Old 04-10-2009, 05:28 PM   #69
sugarpop
Professor

I don't know for sure. A friend of mine wrote it out in calligraphy with some Chinese paint technique of bamboo, and he credits it to Nelson Mandela (I have it framed and hang it on the wall as well), but when I looked it up on the internet, credit was given to Marianne Williamson (of A Course in Miracles).
Old 04-10-2009, 05:33 PM   #70
Shawnee123

Hmmm, I think I had read that too and of course one of them was wrong. Google time...

Yeah, now I remember. Depending on the source, Mandela never said a word of it or Williamson had nothing to do with it. I guess I would believe sources which refer to the passage in Return to Love by Williamson, but why is Mandela so often credited?

Some remarks at snopes by readers...

http://message.snopes.com/showthread.php?t=8369
Old 04-12-2009, 10:31 PM   #71
sugarpop
Professor

Magpie

Ancient culture associate Magpies with excellent fortune—so it looks like you’ve got something really terrific coming into your life today. However, you may need to search a little to understand the true gift that’s being presented. Pay attention to omens, messages, the clouds, feathers, bird song—your fortune is hidden in those subtle messages. Opportunity is knocking at your door—will you answer?

hmmm, I think I might know what this is about.

Old 04-13-2009, 10:12 AM   #72
sugarpop
Professor

Rabbit

Poor Rabbit! No other animal is so associated with fear than Rabbit—that nervous little bunny who hops and leaps at every little sound. Rabbit has come to you today to ask you to have the courage to face whatever difficulties you’re having instead of running away to a safe burrow. Face your fears, examine your old “fight or flight” patterns, and determine once and for all to stop hiding away.

Old 04-14-2009, 03:13 PM   #73
sugarpop
Professor

Heron

Is your life in a state of balance? If not, long-legged Heron has flown in today to help you. Because Heron is a water bird, he is most often associated with emotions. He stands motionless, almost in a trance, his body mirrored in the water below. Take a few moments today to be like Heron—be quiet, go within, and discover the answer to your questions.

Old 04-16-2009, 12:31 AM   #74
sugarpop
Professor

Dolphin

Ever watched a school of dolphins playing with each other, or with the surfers in their midst? If you have, you’ll understand the message Dolphin brings today—the message of joyful play. Dolphins are in total harmony with their environment, and practice love for each other—always helping the young, or a sick comrade. Join Dolphin’s happy community today and celebrate how much we’re all alike, instead of focusing on our differences.

Old 04-18-2009, 07:35 PM   #75
sugarpop
Professor

I got squirrel again. I love squirrels.