The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 07-16-2009, 11:45 AM   #151
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

I have a few feet problems. Mostly arthritis from sprinting up and down the rugby pitch over the last 30 years, oh, that and jumping from aircraft when on AD. Anyway, I dreamed my feet were hurting so much I went to see this Podiatrist that I use to work for. I went through the whole exam and then I watched him do surgery.

When I woke up my feet were hurting.
Old 07-16-2009, 06:04 PM   #152
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

Last night I had a dream that I dropped Max off a first floor balcony (thank god we live in a lowset house or i'd really be freaking out) and then for some reason I kept having all these stupid delays getting to the hospital.
Old 10-17-2009, 05:02 AM   #153
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Okay, this dream does not conform to the OT, not featuring another Cellar member.
But this is the longest dream thread so I'm putting it here anyway. Eat it up.

I was dozing this morning, so my dreams were vivid.
I dreamed I was back at school and one of the boys had been pushed too far.
He's been dressed up in a lacy vest and nappy and told to serve dinner to Mrs Browning's French class, as punishment for some other misdemeanour. He ran into our classroom after causing havoc of one kind or another and knowing he was going to be arrested anyway he assaulted some of the girls (slapping, punching, pulling chunks of hair out) then pulled down his nappy and started his own "dirty protest" on the desks.

Grim.

At some point later I was in New York. I was there with a mixed group of girls, which later resolved in Miss Frank - a girl group currently in the X Factor over here. We were looking for a specific shop, and at every corner we passed, the shops had names that connected them with Torchwood. I thought this had to be an omen, it just seemed so unlikely. I always feel let down when I wake up, and the things that seemed slightly off kilter in dreams really were off kilter. But of course - when do I ever really question reality? If I think I'm dreaming I'm pretty much guaranteed to be dreaming!

And finally, I was getting ready for a bath, and Mum and her friend Maureen were talking in my bedroom. Mum had seen a new episode of Dr Who and was telling me it was racist and anti-sport. I knew which one she meant - it was set in our local park, where the Asian bots from our estate play cricket, sometimes even when it's raining. I was trying to explain to her that it was dealing with the issue of racism, not promoting it. Just because a TV show features it, doesn't mean it's promoting it. She didn't understand. I suspected she was secretly racist.

Oh, and finally! This is the dream I actually found this thread for!
I was in America's Next Top Model. I realised I'd been too hard on myself all these years, and in fact I did have a good figure. But just as it was time for our photo shoot I realised I had a spot on my forehead. A big, angry, throbbing one. Pulse, pulse, pulse. So then and there (we were in the garden of the Gipsy Moth pub in Greenwich) I squeezed it. It sprayed everywhere! But when I looked in the mirror, it had sort of re-inflated. It was semi-opaque and the size of a pea. Squeezed it again, same result. Huge spurt and then it came back, bigger. So I pierced it, only the deflated spot was now a big flap of skin, falling over my eye. At which point I gently peeling the excess skin off and started applying concealer to the raw flesh underneath, hoping it wouldn't show.

Why was this significant? Because this morning I have woken up to find a have a great big spot brewing in exactly the same place! It has no head yet, but I might leave it alone even when it does... Or take a picture
Old 10-17-2009, 10:27 PM   #154
Cicero
Looking forward to open mic night.

You guys never dream about me. I find this rather disappointing.
Old 12-07-2009, 04:09 AM   #155
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Another Jim dream last night.
Not a naughty one though.

LJ took over my computer by remote access, and I was watching him set up a sock puppet (Alderman27 if you must know). Then he was able to actually appear on my screen, but only really close up, and all blurry.

But when he went away to do some work I realised I could see right into his office, as if my monitor was a window.

There was an undertone of spookiness to the dream, but it managed not to tip over into unpleasantness.
Old 05-29-2010, 10:52 PM   #156
HungLikeJesus
Only looks like a disaster tourist

Last night I had a long and complicated dream.

Jinx was in the dream, and she was kind to me.

She taught me Turn, and Counter-turn, and stand;

Thanks Jinx.

SteveDallas's Random Thread Picker.
HungLikeJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 09:31 AM   #157
jinx
Come on, cat.

No problem, happy to help...
Old 05-31-2010, 11:17 AM   #158
HungLikeJesus

The other night I had a dream that I was standing in a giant field of pumpernickel - stretching in every direction as far as I could see.

Old 05-31-2010, 11:01 PM   #159
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

i dreamed that i choked someone to death! and then i dreamed that i was playing tennis!
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 01:23 AM   #160
HungLikeJesus

Is there a difference?

Old 11-07-2010, 01:53 PM   #161
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Jinx got to play my sister's usual role in the dream last night.
I don't remember much of it but she was being completely unfair and a complete bitch and I was trying to hurt her physically in return. But even in my dream I realised this was via the internet and probably wouldn't have any effect.

You certainly don't deserve it IRL, Jinx.

But hey, I also dreamed I was taking part in a Halloween Special hosted by Derren Brown, and the other people were my schoolmates from when I was 12. And they all had a problem with me - Mary W told me it was because I kept coming on to Adam (who I met when I was 25 and never fancied) and wouldn't let it go.

So it's not like it was worryingly realistic.

The dream ended with me watching Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part I on tv with two pupils from school, and trying to keep up using the book in order to make it an educational experience. Although I seemed to be trying to teach the girls the spells as they occurred too. As well as being on a coach trip of the places used for filming, which I kept misrepresenting as places I used to live...
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 10:47 AM   #162
skysidhe
~~Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.~~

I fell asleep on the couch after doing an assignment marathon. I started dreaming that I was on a comfy couch in my childhood home. It was dark and there was a windstorm outside. I wasn't afraid but was hunkering down due to the storm outside.
It was an odd mix of hearing my forced air heat and the comfy couch in real life and having it become a dream.

I looked up the meaning of a windstorm. One meaning was 'sensory overload'. We'll ya, I was exhausted. I wish my dreams would not waste my sleep time telling me things I already know. :P
skysidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 07:35 AM   #163
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

I dreamed about Sundae! She was visiting my family. (It was so clear this morning but already muddied by the day.) My family loved her as if she'd been part of the family my whole life.

I remember she had a car too. An unusual car, not like any I've seen. She had to leave...maybe to visit other Dwellars?

Anyone else dream about Sundae last night?
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 11:09 AM   #164
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

I did!
Well.... I was in my own dream anayway.

I haven't dreamed about Dwellars for a while now.
I'm on an unfortunate run of dreams where I am on holiday/ going on holiday/ returning from holiday in a big group of people, none of whom really like me. I am always a hanger on, someone to make up the numbers, someone ignored.

So I am delighted to star in your dream AND be accepted and welcomed.
Perhaps I can return the favour tonight
Old 09-01-2011, 03:31 AM   #165
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

In the very shallow waters of morning dreams, I had one about the Cellar.
Glatt told me that he'd only recently found out that Infinite Monkey and I were separate posters. He'd assumed for the last 6 years that we were one and the same.

He wondered in being so very similar meant we got on really well, or whether I didn't bother readin her posts as they were what I would have written myself anyway.

I started composing a reply, which somehow was written long hand and the pages turned manually, even though I was on the computer. I was quite pleased to write "I am stand in infinite awe of Infinite Monkey" etc etc.

I was at the point of explaining that Dwellars I have met (I seemed to include Tulip and Brianna in this) would be able to tell the difference between our posting styles. But I had to concede that for the general Cellar we probably were pretty much interchangeable.

I was rushing to get it finished because Diz was trying to wake me up. In the end I'm glad he did. I wouldn't have wanted such evidence of my hubris posted.