The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 01-22-2009, 04:47 PM   #46
capnhowdy
Blatantly Homosapien

I kinda have the grate thing too. I think mine stems from the movie "Hunchback of the Notre Dame" , (Ithink it was) where the monster was held captive in an underground grate covered thingy. Kinda like the movie with the doll cutting ankle straps from under the bed. And then there was that ad in the old comics about smallpox right next to the xray glasses and disapearing ink.
Old 01-22-2009, 04:49 PM   #47
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

I can't believe how many people are afraid of grates. It's really quite amazing.

I'm wondering if it's the falling in, or something coming out that's worse.
Old 01-22-2009, 09:49 PM   #48
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by case View Post
... it will eventually give way with my weight ...
Your weight? Your weight? What could you possibly weigh? A hundred pounds? You could have a fat chick under each arm and not weigh enough to take out a full bathtub.

You skinny.

Old 01-22-2009, 11:57 PM   #49
Razzmatazz13
Vicariously, I live...

Actually...one day I was walking off the bus to get into my dad's van (bus stop was a mile from the house and parents figured that I'd get kidnapped or something) and as I walked over and reached out to open the door...all of a sudden I was eye level with the front tire. The grate that the township had installed had been clogging heavily due to massive amounts of rain washing leaves out of the woods, and flooding the road...so they just decided to cut bigger holes into it...and one of my legs was stuck inside all the way up to my thigh. I wasn't afraid of grates, but now I double check them...just to be sure nobody decided that they weren't draining properly.

PS my mom BITCHED at them..because my dad had to pull me out of the grate...and they turned it around the other way...so the road still floods
Old 01-22-2009, 11:58 PM   #50
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

I'm sure that story will help some of the posters in this thread Razz. lol
Old 01-23-2009, 03:19 AM   #51
Beestie
-◊|≡·∙■·∙≡|◊-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble View Post
I'm terrified of my car plunging off a bridge with the kids in the back seat. I've obsessed countless times over the best way to get them out of their carseats and out the car windows.
You too, huh? I've gone over that in my head more times than I care to remember.

But the one thing that really makes adrenaline squirt out of my eye sockets is being attacked by wasps.

Its really not as bad as some other things I've dealt with but for some reason, just the thought of those murderous nano-bots from HELL collectively focused on simultaneously injecting their toxic, super-concentrated venom directly into every available vein....

[breathe... breathe...]

I have no idea why that bothers me so much.
Old 01-23-2009, 10:24 AM   #52
morethanpretty
Thats "Miss Zipper Neck" to you.

Storm-drains=grates in the road/lot (in my original post)

I too am afraid of bridges or overpasses collapsin, especially after what happened last year in Minnesota. Whenever I'm behind a semi truck and they drive under a bridge, I'm afraid they misjudged the height and the top of their trailer will hit the bridge, causing big chunks of concrete to come off and hit them/me/other drivers.
I'm scared of semis.
Old 01-23-2009, 10:26 AM   #53
glatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by morethanpretty View Post
I too am afraid of bridges or overpasses collapsin, especially after what happened last year in Minnesota. Whenever I'm behind a semi truck and they drive under a bridge, I'm afraid they misjudged the height and the top of their trailer will hit the bridge, causing big chunks of concrete to come off and hit them/me/other drivers.
I'm scared of semis.
Many of these fears so far are rational. This shit does happen. It's just not that likely.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 10:54 AM   #54
morethanpretty
Thats "Miss Zipper Neck" to you.

Yeppers glatt. Almost same incident happened here in Dallas not too long ago (as in I still remember it). I didn't look up the story though.
Old 01-23-2009, 12:01 PM   #55
LabRat
twatfaced two legged bumhole

When I am the only one in the basement I must have the lights on if it is dark outside. If I have to turn out the light before going up, I run up the steps. Yes, even in my own house. I just get the creeps. [/big ninny]

I also have this fear when I am driving on the highway or interstate next to a semi truck on one side that it will blow a tire and cause me to somehow get into an accident. I don't mind it if I am passing them, I just can't stand being forced by other traffic to be driving alongside one. I'll go just slow enough that I am behind it without leaving enough room for other vehicles to squeeze through until the car ahead of me is far enough ahead of the truck that I can zoom up passed it.

I don't mind driving over bridges as long as traffic is moving. It's when all those cars are stopped on one for some reason that I get nervous.

When my daughter was an infant, I had this terrible fear that I would drive to work and forget her in the car like those stories you'd hear on the news. I almost did do it once, too. I was so focused on a presentation that I had to give at work, and she was being so quiet that I totally blew by the exit I needed to take. It wasn't until several minutes later as I hit the edge of town that I realized what I had done.
Old 01-23-2009, 12:06 PM   #56
LabRat

Quote:
Originally Posted by morethanpretty View Post
I'm scared of semis.

Scared that they won't make it the rest of the way up, or what'll happen once they make it there?
Old 01-23-2009, 12:39 PM   #57
glatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by LabRat View Post
When I am the only one in the basement I must have the lights on if it is dark outside. If I have to turn out the light before going up, I run up the steps. Yes, even in my own house. I just get the creeps.
That's because you are even closer to the boiling magma of the Earth's core. [/HungLikeJesus]
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 01:04 PM   #58
Cicero
Looking forward to open mic night.

Greatest fear? That they will all one day, be realized.
Old 01-23-2009, 02:29 PM   #59
Radar
Constitutional Scholar

I fear ventriloquist dummies....but my greatest fear is that something bad will happen to my daughter.
Old 01-23-2009, 02:39 PM   #60
LabRat

I just thought of another one....

When I am at a home I have never been at before and have to use the bathroom, I am totally paranoid the toilet will clog.