The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 10-01-2005, 01:31 AM   #31
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Let's just put it this way ... last night I was asked "Would you believe me if I told you I didn't want to hurt you?" by a woman who started her interview by announcing, "I'm not wearing any underwear." I, of course, responded "Yes, I believe you" before asking "Do you want to hurt me?" "Yes, I want to bop you on the head." Tonight I had to deal with a man whose aliens are stuck in poop. His own poop appeared to be stuck on the tail of his polo shirt. A different patient who had slashed his wrists and neck was sent to the ER just to get a tetanus shot. He walked away. Hasn't been seen since. Hopefully the Schuylkill is running high and he won't be found until spring and we won't be held responsible by his family. Two nights this week I had to ride herd on "doc-in-a-box" (a part time shrink whose medicine is really bad, so I have to review labs before I hand them off for medical clearance to make sure he doesn't accept someone who is about to die).

To top it all off, I wrote three sets of commitment papers myself, qualifying for a hat-trick (so far two of the three signed themselves in, so mine are only to be used in case they try to sign out ... I typically have to do this three times a year, if that).

Oh, and I intimidated a man with my mere presence.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 01:41 AM   #32
Tonchi
Victim of gravity

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf
Marichiko and I can do that too
(Don't try to catch us)
Old 10-01-2005, 11:54 AM   #33
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
You do that to me all the time. That's what weak knees and palpitations mean, right?
Old 10-01-2005, 03:27 PM   #34
marichiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonchi
Marichiko and I can do that too
(Don't try to catch us)

Heheheheheheheheh!

Just ask the ax murderer! I'd love to tag team him with you Tonchi! I have the man whimpering at this point! I confronted him with his sex offender conviction (a copy of which was obtained for me by a paralegal friend), and he has since been repaying me my money as meek as a lamb.

Then the final revenge!

He writes me the last check and I casually mention that I expect to become a Swiss heiress to the tune of 5 million euro's in the next 6 to 8 months. Now, this is an incredible long shot, and the amount wouldn't be that high even if it DOES come through, but the ax murderer doesn't need to know this.

"Think of me in Zurich when you are pulling weeds next summer" (did I mention that he ran off with a woman who owns her own gardening business?), I sez. "I won't be thinking of YOU!" His face goes white at the thought of the "prize" he let slip through his greedy little fingers.

"Wait! Can't we still be friends?" he hollers after me as I get in my car to drive away.

"Should of thought of that 6 months ago, pal. Sorry, you lose!" I yell out my car window and then drive away leaving him standing in my exhaust fumes.

Best laugh I've had in months!

Last edited by marichiko; 10-01-2005 at 03:30 PM.
Old 10-01-2005, 04:01 PM   #35
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

Quote:
Which one of your guns is named "mere presence", again?
Old 10-01-2005, 05:20 PM   #36
richlevy
King Of Wishful Thinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by marichiko
He writes me the last check and I casually mention that I expect to become a Swiss heiress to the tune of 5 million euro's in the next 6 to 8 months. Now, this is an incredible long shot, and the amount wouldn't be that high even if it DOES come through, but the ax murderer doesn't need to know this.
Well, if you do, the next Cellar party's at your house.
I have always believed that hope is that stubborn thing inside us that insists, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us so long as we have the courage to keep reaching, to keep working, to keep fighting. -- Barack Hussein Obama
richlevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 05:39 PM   #37
marichiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by richlevy
Well, if you do, the next Cellar party's at your house.

You're on! In the unlikely event that I DO become an heiress, the drinks are on me and you're ALL invited - even LJ!
Old 10-02-2005, 11:40 PM   #38
darclauz
Breathing into a paper bag

Quote:
..to raise snails and sell them for an obscene profit to the French. We will spend the mornings tending to the snails, making sure they are properly shaded, watered, happy and free of salt........
(in my best shrink voice)

Tell me about keeping snails free of salt. What comes up? What surfaces?
Old 10-03-2005, 07:05 PM   #39
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Let them work it out themselves.

Last edited by xoxoxoBruce; 04-07-2007 at 05:55 PM.
xoxoxoBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 09:05 PM   #40
Elspode

Quote:
Originally Posted by marichiko
Heheheheheheheheh!

I have the man whimpering at this point!
I missed this! Kick ass!

I think you should make the info known to everyone in sight once he's paid you off.
Old 10-03-2005, 09:27 PM   #41
marichiko

HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEH, Patrick!

The very best part is that I don't have to let ANYONE know, personally. I have been working through this entire sorry experience with my therapist when a couple of weeks back she stopped me cold.

"Wait!" she exclaims, "You mean you have a copy of the actual court paper work and conviction from the county? This is just not hear-say stuff?"

I was rather surprised. "Why, yes, I do," I said. "Its not hear-say. I have the paperwork stamped ______ County Court. Found guilty as charged in a trial by jury."

My therapist gets a concerned, official look on her face. "Then according to the professional code of ethics, I am required to warn anyone who might have a minor child below the age of 18 in the household in which he resides. Will you please bring in those papers when you come for your next session?"

No problemo! Am I going to withhold documents which are a matter of public record, anyhow, and possibly be indirectly responsible for some tiny child having God knows what experience at the ax murderer's hands?

Three guesses, and the first two don't count! That sleeze! Like I'd stay quiet to protect HIM over some innocent little kid. Nice try!

PS I might be needing that spell for protection you mentioned a while back...

Last edited by marichiko; 10-03-2005 at 09:31 PM.
Old 10-03-2005, 09:34 PM   #42
Elspode

We'll work it up asap...

Meanwhile, stick it to the SOB, and stick with the therapy. It can be wonderfully effective with a willilng subject
Old 12-21-2006, 09:41 PM   #43
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Phone call tonight:

Timid Woman: How do I check someone in who isn't me?

Male Voice In Background: BITCH, HANG UP THE PHONE!

wolf: You need to call 911.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 09:04 AM   #44
Elspode

What, no "Merry Christmas"?

This is a stressful time of year. At least, at my house it is.
Old 12-22-2006, 10:25 AM   #45
skysidhe
~~Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.~~

Quote:
Phone call tonight:

Timid Woman: How do I check someone in who isn't me?

Male Voice In Background: BITCH, HANG UP THE PHONE!

wolf: You need to call 911.

I am hoping that was a prank phone call because it's very funny in text.

If it's for real then you need a new phone number.
skysidhe is offline   Reply With Quote