The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 08-18-2010, 10:15 PM   #1
monster
I hear them call the tide

Silly Busy Day

(this is in Nothingland for a reason. It's nothing....but I need to just jabber.... Ive been mom taxi all day with barely a human to talk to and now best is playing Wii with Hector who borrowed a game from the house where we lost the cat....)

Up early ish to leave at 7:45 so we could stop by my friend's to check on the still missing cat that I'm supposed to be feeding while she's away on the way to golf to drop Hebe off a little early for her class because I need to get the boys to hockey camp (20 minutes away) by 8:30. Weather is iffy, but class is going ahead. onwards

Get them kitted up and on the ice (9am), check all seems well, check in with other hockey parents who's kids will be on the same team and coach and get sucked in to team name/color crisis....

Drive back to home town to check on missing cat, run by pool to see if Hebe's swim coaching gig for the day it cancelled because the weather is iffy -it isn't- so off to the golf course to pick her up, change out her golf bag for swim bag, dump her at the pool and drive back to the boys hockey in time (almost) to help them finish changing for off-ice. Hector is a goalie -he needs help to change fast. It's supposed to be provided, but rly.....

Hockey camp done, home, 15 mins for boys to put hockey kit out to dry while I make sarnies, back to the cat house, leave Hector there to mess about in hope cat will turn up, on to golf lesson for thor....

leave him there -fortunately very very colse to lost cat house- then search apartment blocks and wood in area cat known to haunt, no luck... back to pick up hector, back to pick up thor.....

It's only 2pm at this point. This is supposed to be my easy week before my birthday party and then my vacation week......

so, home for a little ...but the pool needs a float for the event tonight (float = start-up-money), coaches need paid etc, suddenly we have half an hour before we need to leave and thor has to pack and make a birthday card for the sleepover party he is attending tonight and the other kids need to prepare for the pool event.

argh

Throw kids out of car at pool, run by cat place again, then toysRus to pick up present for party boy and the one on saturday too... get stuck in shitty traffic and half an hour late for b-day party. it's a sleepover, it's fine. rant to friend for half hour, then half hour drive to pick up goalie chest protector i won on ebay last night for silly price of $13 (less than 10% of retail, it's practically new)

get back to pool for end of event. starving. there is pizza left, I reheat, and while eating am bombarded by people with questions about every fucking thing. but they meant well/need to know. Do the money stuff that needs to be done (I'm treasurer)

Offer to take kids home. Show Hector my purchase from Ebay. He loves me so much

Forgot to mention the laundry I did. And filling the car. No fricking wonder I'm knackered by 10pm.

And now only two days to turn my hoarder's paradise in to a potential bad-weather alternative for my party. yarly. And the 10-day forecast is clear everyday but that one -40% chance of rain (if weather nice, party at pool, if nasty, my house....)
Old 08-18-2010, 10:22 PM   #2
Flint
Snowflake

God bless, I don't even want to read that stuff. I can see what it consists of by skimminig across it, and it horrifies me.
expression. ... I found, like Joseph Campbell said, if you just follow whatever
gives you a little joy or excitement or awe, then you're on the right track.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Terry Bozzio
Flint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 12:21 AM   #3
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

And filling the car. And filling the car. And filling the car. And filling the car.
Old 08-19-2010, 12:38 AM   #4
HungLikeJesus
Only looks like a disaster tourist

Sounds like you need a machine that could produce 2.5 million liters of foam per minute.

That will save you some time filling the car.

SteveDallas's Random Thread Picker.
HungLikeJesus is offline   Reply With Quote