The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 11-08-2012, 07:31 PM   #16
glatt

What blindsided me? I just found out my cousin got arrested for stalking someone she had an affair with after he broke it off. WTF?! She was apparently pulling a pretty good Glenn Close with this guy and his family too. No boiled bunnies, but contact with the kids online.

I do know she lost her job as a result. I don't know if she's gonna serve time for it. I don't know if her marriage will survive this. It's not in her character at all. Completely blindsided me. WTF?!

I know people make mistakes, and love, hormones, and emotions can make you do crazy stuff. That's the only explanation I can come up with.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:47 PM   #17
zippyt
LONG LIVE KING ZIPPY! per Feetz

That SUCKS Glatt !!!
Old 11-09-2012, 03:08 AM   #18
orthodoc
Not Suspicious, Merely Canadian

There's the downside to the current ease of tracking/contact/communication via the 'net. Unsophisticated users (most people) don't realize their activity is an open book to investigators. So when hurt and hormones get intense enough to blind common sense it's easier than it used to be to cross boundaries and get into trouble.

Sounds like this is huge for her, her marriage, her family - real devastation. Not to mention his marriage and family. I'm sorry. Lots of picking up of pieces that will stretch well into the future. Sorry, Glatt.
Old 11-09-2012, 07:02 AM   #19
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Yikes, sorry to hear this glatt.

sometimes people go a little insane, esp. when it comes to Very Good Sex and throw some Chemistry into the mix and you've got Glenn Close.

Hope she comes out of this better, wiser and NOT in jail. Jail does sucketh.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 07:07 AM   #20
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Possibly worth a medical checkup as well. There are all manner of things that can cause sudden personality change/aberrant behaviour.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 07:15 AM   #21
glatt

I've made a conscious decision to not judge her. I can't know what she was going through, but I can imagine how if you are sharing an intensely close relationship with someone for some time and then they cut that off, you are going to still feel entitled to some attention from them. People make mistakes. I hope she gets her act together and moves forward in a productive way.

weird thing is that this all happened a few months ago, but I had no idea it was going on because she's a few states away. My parents were in China for the last several weeks, and when they got back, they got the scoop and relayed it to me. It's weird because I've been interacting with this cousin on FB during this time, and she's been perfectly normal. She had a vague post the other day about appreciating friends and family during a difficult time, and that was apparently when she had some hearing. Shows how oblivious I was, I guess.
Old 11-09-2012, 07:19 AM   #22
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaC View Post
Possibly worth a medical checkup as well. There are all manner of things that can cause sudden personality change/aberrant behaviour.
Good call.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Old 11-09-2012, 07:20 AM   #23
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
... I can imagine how if you are sharing an intensely close relationship with someone for some time and then they cut that off, you are going to still feel entitled to some attention from them...
YES

—James Barrie

Old 11-09-2012, 12:32 PM   #24
orthodoc
Not Suspicious, Merely Canadian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaC View Post
I'm with Dana and Trilby, if this was unprecedented out-of-the-blue behavior for her, it's worth a medical checkup. I know of one situation where a woman who suddenly began acting bizarrely in promiscuous terms had an organic reason found on workup. Not common, and certainly not wishing anything like that for your cousin, but worth a checkup if she's willing.
Old 11-09-2012, 12:52 PM   #25
glatt

I'm not sure how I would bring up the subject. Maybe mentioning it to her mom would be best. Let the mom talk with her.
Old 11-09-2012, 01:43 PM   #26
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trilby
Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt
... I can imagine how if you are sharing an intensely close relationship with someone for some time and then they cut that off, you are going to still feel entitled to some attention from them...
YES
When does "No mean No"?

Entitled? Entitled to one's feelings, sure, I agree. Entitled to some attention? Attention is given, not taken. It's mine to give or not and there's no entitlement involved.
Old 11-09-2012, 02:10 PM   #27
glatt

I agree. I'm not excusing the behavior. Just trying to understand where it comes from.

I think it comes from having something, and then losing it, but still feeling like it should belong to you, even when it doesn't, and never really did. It's a faulty thought process, but I think that's the path it takes.
Old 11-09-2012, 07:10 PM   #28
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

flat tire

ready go!
Old 11-09-2012, 07:21 PM   #29
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

done
Old 11-10-2012, 06:06 AM   #30
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Not 'entitled' but FEELING entitled.

bigga difference. Feelings aren't facts. Even tw knows that.

—James Barrie