The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Health

Health Keeping your body well enough to support your head

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2020, 10:07 AM   #781
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Posts: 18,426
What does Jay W Richards have his PhD in, the history of Bolivian postage stamps? Covid has been killing perfectly healthy young people as well as the old and infirm.



What an idiot.
__________________
The internet is a hateful stew of vomit you can never take completely seriously. - Her Fobs
footfootfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 10:12 AM   #782
fargon
Person who doesn't update the user title
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: La Crosse, WI
Posts: 8,910
Jay W. Richards PhD
https://business.catholic.edu/facult...jay/index.html
__________________
Annoy the ones that ignore you!!!
I live a blessed life
I Love my Country, I Fear the Government!!!
Heavily medicated for the good of mankind.
fargon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 11:00 AM   #783
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: DC
Posts: 13,569
Expertise in denying evolution.
__________________
_________________
|...............| We live in the nick of times.
| Len 17, Wid 3 |
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 11:34 PM   #784
tw
Read? I only know how to write.
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Posts: 11,931
Quote:
Originally Posted by fargon View Post
Jay W. Richards PhD
So he is a business school graduate. That explains those urban myths and beliefs that only do harm to the economy.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 03:05 PM   #785
tw
Read? I only know how to write.
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Posts: 11,931
From elsewhere:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth
Richards is saying what MANY others I subscribe to are saying, shutting down the whole country was wrong wrong wrong....

And your fearless leader has banned me from posting ... so I send you this from whatever it's worth.

And on the health issue, I may or may not send a note-- I really don't need to defend my actions for the last 30 yrs and my good health.

Closed minds abound on this forum.
When did Trump censor you?

Even people who smoke cigarettes for 30 years still have good health. That proves smoking cigarettes increases health - using your reasoning?

Richards is preaching logic also used by a Playboy centerfold with big tits to prove vaccines create autism. She had big tits. That proved she must be right?

An honest person would have, for example, explained why facts contradict those lies. Why did an analysis of health food products on shelves reveal that 90% did not even contain what was on the label?

Why would anyone ignore facts (not even reply here) to keep posting emotionally inspired beliefs? Cherry picking. Another fact that explains brainwashing. Ignore all facts that contradict what the Central Committee order one to believe. Propaganda works when an adult thinks like a child. When an adult does not post facts that say why. And repeatedly ignore facts that expose Trump style lies.

We all learned how to think like an adult even in elementary school science. One saw mosquito larvae in standing water. That observation proved that standing water creates life. Any conclusion from an observation (without any underlying facts) is classic junk science. Same reasoning also proved that Saddam had WMDs. Resulting in the massacre of 5,000 American soldiers for no purpose.

Last winter resulted in two extremely cold days. Somehow that proves that global warming does not exist?

I ran 99 stop signs. And never killed anyone. That proves everyone can safely run stop signs?

You consumed crushed up flower pedals in pills in a bottle labeled Vit D. That proves Vit D protects from Covid-19?

Examples of logic that makes one wonder how bad your nutrition really is. Apparently a logical brain of an adult has been subverted by the reptilian brain - where children makes decisions from their emotions.

How many more examples of junk science need be posted? When will we learn why "90% of contents on health food store shelves" need not contain what was listed on its label? Still waiting for you to address that damning fact.

Apparently those shelves contain much Kool-Aid. Ignored again is what was taught in elementary school science.

An adult with sufficient nutrition would have explained that damning fact long ago when posted. Brainwashed (ie victims of poor nutrition) will "cherry pick" to protect an emotional belief.

Do you know what "cherry picking" is? Apparently not. So that paragraph was also ignored. Why are facts from a PBS science show "Hacking the Mind" also ignored? It demonstrates how easily one can be brainwashed. One might learn how easily one can be manipulated by health food garbage. Apparently that is emotionally too hurtful to comprehend? And yes, some of those health food tablets were only crushed flower pedals.

Damning and ignored facts. Please address them.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 04:49 PM   #786
Undertoad
Radical Centrist
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Cottage of Prussia
Posts: 31,400
tw,

I asked her not to return, there is no longer a need to address her
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 07:46 AM   #787
tw
Read? I only know how to write.
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Posts: 11,931
Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad View Post
I asked her not to return, there is no longer a need to address her
Why is open discussion undesirable?

Those posts accurately demonstrate how easily many can be brainwashed. A lesson that is logical and should not make anyone emotional (angry).

Those posts demonstrate a point I constantly make. Demonstrates a difference between an 'adult thinking like an adult' verses an 'adult who still thinks emotionally like a child'.

Those posts clearly demonstrate how one becomes brainwashed. And even (must) deny it. A lesson that others still do not understand. And then end up planting seeds of anarchy by becoming angry.

Was jaminhealth banned for simply becoming a poster child for how some people are easily brainwashed? If those posts made anyone emotional (angry), then those posts can remain on their ignore list.

Those posts should never make an adult, who is an adult, angry. Those posts did not attack any person. But even more necessary, demonstrate even how Russian hackers so easily manipulate many if not most Americans.

And demonstrate a difference between honest reasoning and junk science.

Urbane Guerrilla openly disparages people. jaminhealth did not. Why a double standard?
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 08:06 AM   #788
Undertoad
Radical Centrist
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Cottage of Prussia
Posts: 31,400
She wasn't banned, learn to read
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 08:41 AM   #789
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Posts: 18,426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad View Post
She wasn't banned, learn to read
Reading can lead to comprehension; it's a slippery slope.
__________________
The internet is a hateful stew of vomit you can never take completely seriously. - Her Fobs
footfootfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 10:12 AM   #790
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Yorkshire
Posts: 25,960
__________________
Quote:
There's only so much punishment a man can take in pursuit of punani. - Sundae
http://sites.google.com/site/danispoetry/
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 03:13 PM   #791
tw
Read? I only know how to write.
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Posts: 11,931
Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad View Post
She wasn't banned, learn to read
Then why are we having regular discussions after being banned? Or are there many different bans? Rather than being nasty, please discuss in an adult manner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth
I was not banned, but told I cannot post ...
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 03:16 PM   #792
Undertoad
Radical Centrist
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Cottage of Prussia
Posts: 31,400
I do not understand your question
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 03:28 PM   #793
tw
Read? I only know how to write.
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Posts: 11,931
Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad View Post
I do not understand your question
Why is it that someone, who is banned, is still posting in the Cellar? I just quoted jaminhealth's reply that was after that ban.

Meanwhile, answer the relevant question. Why ban someone who attacks no one. And not ban someone like Urban Guerrilla who repeatedly demeans and disparages others?

jaminhealth and Urbane Guerilla do share one common attribute. They both make 'soundbite' claims that are not justified by supporting facts. And that are promoted only by propaganda machines. Both also ignore replies that expose their logic mistakes.

UG includes insults with his denials. jaminhealth did not. Why a double standard?

That's two questions.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 03:35 PM   #794
tw
Read? I only know how to write.
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Posts: 11,931
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaC View Post
Army of Darkness - Lady I'm Afraid I'm ...
Apple is doing that in their App Store (to Epic Games and Fortnight). So the video is a Hollywood reenactment. But is that relevant?
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 04:28 PM   #795
Undertoad
Radical Centrist
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Cottage of Prussia
Posts: 31,400
She wasn't banned; learn to read
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:10 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.