The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 05-11-2008, 12:59 PM   #61
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

Dreaming about Cellarites most you have never met? now that is wacked. Talk about a play on your sensibility.
Old 05-11-2008, 05:33 PM   #62
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMercenary View Post
Dreaming about Cellarites most you have never met? now that is wacked. Talk about a play on your sensibility.
I refer you to my previous answer. But if you can't be bothered to go back and read it, my basic point is that people in my dreams are often there to represent parts of myself, or situations in my life. My last Cellar dream also featured Anakin Skywalker, and other dreams frequently star my favourite actors/ comedians.

I know the dream about Mum dying last night was influenced by Doctor Who, which I watched earlier in the evening. Still trying to puzzle out why it was set in Asda.

Why is it odd for people accquainted via the internet to dream about eachother?
Old 05-11-2008, 11:20 PM   #63
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMercenary
Dreaming about Cellarites most you have never met? now that is wacked.
More wacked than threatening to beat up someone you never will meet?
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 11:30 PM   #64
Flint
Snowflake

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMercenary View Post
Dreaming about Cellarites most you have never met? now that is wacked.
Not as wacked as I was in that dream about your wife with the latex gloves and the tub of vaseline.
expression. ... I found, like Joseph Campbell said, if you just follow whatever
gives you a little joy or excitement or awe, then you're on the right track.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Terry Bozzio
Flint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 08:42 AM   #65
SteveDallas
Your Bartender

I hope she was gentle with you.
SteveDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 12:30 AM   #66
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

I hope she wasn't
Old 05-13-2008, 10:28 AM   #67
dar512
dar512 is now Pete Zicato

I hardly ever remember my dreams. But just the other night I dreamt that I was at the vet's office with the dog waiting our turn. The vet comes to take us back to the examination room and I'm thinking the vet looks familiar. Then I recognize her. It's Sundae Girl.

Which of course has me confused. Why is she in the states? Which is how some dreams are. I had no confusion with her being our vet, just that she was in the US.

Must have put me in some mental turmoil cause that's when I woke up.

BTW, Sundae Girl looks good in a vet's smock.
Old 05-15-2008, 08:26 PM   #68
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

I dreamed about men last night.
No real surprise.

But the last dream before dawn was that I was in my old flat (now deserted and pretty much derelict). There were four of us playing a card game in which we'd all been given an initial stake, and one person in each ?round? won what was bet. So no-one really lost, but someone gained.

At the beginning of the dream I was being seduced (pawed at) by one of the guys I work with in the bar. It wasn't really him and later he changed to the friend of an ex boyfriend. Anyway, he was one of the four. I noticed Bruce was keeping an eye on him. Bruce? Yes, Bruce was overseeing the game. As the dream went on I realised Bruce was a marriage broker, who was setting me up with a dowry so I was able to choose my own husband. He was fixing the game so I won more often than anyone else, he had put up my initial stake and had persuaded an old friend of mine - years ago - to set up a trust fund in my name. At the time of the deam I had about £18k to my name although I didn't know about it until the statement was passed to me at the gaming table.

I cashed up immediately and went down to the kitchen to change into my new clothes, now that I knew I had a secure future. Bruce followed to make sure no-one disturbed me and I was trying to log into an ancient computer to get the words to God Is Love - which I was convinced Bruce wanted to hear. At that point the other man appeared again and tried to get back into my good books by stroking my hair. At that point I woke up to find Dylan lying along my side, playing with my hair with his paw.

Another early morning dream where it is pretty clear where all the elements came from!
Old 06-26-2008, 05:42 AM   #69
Griff
still says videotape

*bump*
Just in case Bruce needs to know you love him.

So apparently Lil Lookout is a 21 year old kendo champion with a highly involved Dad who gives advice in Buddha speak.
Old 06-26-2008, 07:02 AM   #70
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Weirdly, I dreamed of the Cellar early this morning. Not surprising, it was the last thing I saw before I went to sleep and Diz woke me at 06.40 so I was shallow dreaming.

I dreamed I was sat with Dwellars in a bar, and Merc was claiming women couldn't row. There was no point in them doing it because they lacked the vital equipment. Apparently he meant brains and determination, but Lookout were joking that it was a penis.

In my dream, Merc was an outrageous sexist - not in a jokey way, he really believed that women were mothers of children and housekeepers and anything a woman did other than that made her a dyke.

I was trying to row a boat across the floor, but I couldn't work out which way I was supposed to be facing. It was really hard and I gave up almost immediately and everyone was really disappointed in me because they secretly felt I'd proved Merc's point.
Old 06-26-2008, 12:00 PM   #71
lookout123
changed his status to single

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griff View Post
*bump*
Just in case Bruce needs to know you love him.

So apparently Lil Lookout is a 21 year old kendo champion with a highly involved Dad who gives advice in Buddha speak.
LOL! That's awesome Griff.
Old 06-28-2008, 08:49 AM   #72
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable

Last night, I dreamt that Ducknuts moved to the US and lived close to me. We started hanging out and spending alot of time together, but not in a romantic way - I never get the girl. Ali came to visit Ducks. Every time Ali came into the room where Ducks and I were, she would kind of blush and excuse herself, assuming that Ducks and I were a couple, and wanted to be alone together. When she left, Ducks and I would look at each other and crack up laughing.

One weird thing was that Ducks had these incredible, powder-blue eyes, not like her real-life eyes.
Old 06-28-2008, 09:06 AM   #73
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spexxvet View Post
- I never get the girl.
wanna know why, maybe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spexxvet View Post
-
One weird thing was that Ducks had these incredible, powder-blue eyes, not like her real-life eyes.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 09:40 AM   #74
lookout123
changed his status to single

first i was like then i
Old 07-12-2008, 08:38 AM   #75
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

I had my usual Saturday lie-in. It gives me peculiar dreams because I drift in and out of sleep.

This morning my dreams were many layered as usual. I'll try to extract the Cellar parts without making them any more incoherent than they actually were.

I was shopping for a present for Bruce. I was in a shop that sold small and interesting things of the kind I adore I and I thought Bruce would too. However once I was there with money in my pocket and ready to buy I realised it was all knick-knacks and gee-gaws and just plain tat. The few things that still looked interesting were really expensive and too heavy to ship.

I found a couple of things I liked in the end and went to the counter, where they remembered me from when I shopped there regularly. They brought out a special edition bowl from under the counter that they thought I might like - it was a funny shape and designed so it was perfect for either tea (drinking out of) toast or cereal. That seemed like such a cool concept that I bought three - one for Bruce, one for me and one for a future present for someone.

Later in the dream I was at Jinx & LJ's. They had a huge tract of land and a huge extended family to match. They were putting on a show and persuaded me to be in it. It was a really hot and sunny day and I felt really drowsy and half blinded by the sun. There were thousands of people there, set in a natural amphitheatre and we were on a tiny rickety half rotting stage. People were actually camping out and having BBQs and picnics and stuff. The show certainly didn't live up to this level of attendance. It was obviously made up on the spot and the acts petered out like those children put on for their friends with no preparation. I was with two other women dressed in black and white and we just did a made up rather stupid dance.

Afterwards (and after some dream shifts) I was walking and talking to LJ. It was still really hot but it was evening and the feel was even more drowsy. We were talking about the previous year (maybe two years before) when I spent most of the summer in his company. I remembered that we used to go for long walks in the long grass and he would lie on top of me and we'd dry hump. We pretended it had been quite innocent but in my dream I knew both of us had snuck away every second we could spare to just lay close and talk and touch eachother without taking our clothes off pretending it meant it was okay.

I remembered that summer I was so horny I could barely walk down the street without having to grind against something, and that I'd supposedly been having a relationship with Bruce at that time.

There was something else about peaches - waiting for them to fall in Ireland. Can't remember that bit.

I brought up the subject of LJ's wife and he was puzzled for a second because I used her real name (can't remember what it was in the dream - not the real one anyway). Then he said something like, "Oh you always called her Jinx in those days!" and I thought, "Yes, that was to stop me feeling guilty!"

The dream went on, away from the Cellar (mixing in America's Next Top Model and Big Brother as it happens).

I know what the dream was really about emotionally, and Cellar characters were standing in for other people to an extent. The drowsy feeling of the land and the grass and the orchard were very potent though. I slept til 11.00!
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote