The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Image of the Day

Image of the Day Images that will blow your mind - every day. [Blog] [RSS] [XML]

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-08-2013, 03:54 PM   #1
CaliforniaMama
I wonder . . .

November 8, 2013 - Kitty Snax

This is our very own Nuestra Seņora de la Soledad, more commonly known as Lady Gray.

She was the runt of the three newborns we found in our shed. Mama was, sadly, feral and quite striking with unusual markings and coloring I've never seen before.

The babies, Prince Ali a Babwa is a male orange tabby, Cali is a female calico and then there is our Lady.

Prince was always hubby's cat. The very same hubby who would have drowned them if he had seen them first.

Cali loves everyone. She's a cat's cat and a people cat. She's also a fantastic mouser and we have a video of her chowing her prey, sucking in the tail for the last bite and licking the small spot of liquid on the floor, cleaning her plate like a good little girl.

Then there is Lady. Unnaturally small, my hand always feels cheated when I pet her head to tail. She is completely gray, including her cute little gray nose. She is extremely shy and it has taken years, I think they are now 6, for her to get cozy with me and let me pet her.

The kids can carry her all over the place, but hubby and I can't hold her or she freaks out. I swear she has the bit of feral in her DNA. She develops twice as many limb and claws when she freaks and she twists and turns her body like a championship gymnist.

I am daily amazed at how different all three are given the fact that I was their adoptive mama, tube and bottle fed all three and took care of all their little needs until they were on their own. A study in nature v. nurture.

Oh, and, Cali was the first to try the box, but I think it was just a tad too small for her. Prince hasn't even noticed it, preferring the towel cupboard these days and me these nights.

It is really quite funny how he tries to climb up over my shoulder to sleep while I'm lying in bed. It's not quite the same as when I carry him draped over my shoulder. He can't quite seem to figure out how to do the draping over part when I'm in bed, no matter how hard he tries.
CaliforniaMama is offline   Reply With Quote