The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 04-18-2007, 10:24 PM   #31
Ibby
erika

Actually I think he means it helps but doesnt get him high - just closer to right and fine on the other side of sober.
Old 04-18-2007, 10:30 PM   #32
Perry Winkle
Esnohplad Semaj Ton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibram View Post
Actually I think he means it helps but doesnt get him high - just closer to right and fine on the other side of sober.
"I see," said the blind man to the guy with the really cool messenger bag. But the blind man didn't know of the really cool messenger bag. He's blind after all.
Perry Winkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 10:31 PM   #33
Ibby
erika

Whaaaaaaat?

Okay yeah, someone has GOT to be hittin' the bong.
Old 04-18-2007, 10:40 PM   #34
Perry Winkle
Esnohplad Semaj Ton

Quote:
Whaaaaaaat?

Okay yeah, someone has GOT to be hittin' the bong.
No bong. No pipe. No motorcars. Not a single luxury.

I'll translate my previous post into not-Grant.

'"I see," said the blind man to the guy with the really cool messenger bag. But the blind man didn't know of the really cool messenger bag. He's blind after all.'

becomes:

"If what you say is the case, I understand what rkzenrage meant."

You're the guy with the messenger bag. I am the blind man, because until rkzenrage chimes in I do not know if what you say is the case. The "I see" part should be self-explanatory.

This concludes your introduction to the way Grant's mind works. Feel free to return to your regular dimension.
Old 04-18-2007, 10:46 PM   #35
rkzenrage

It helps, when your body is in pain and/or in other conditions to the point where it produces its own cannaboids(sp?) and you smoke/eat it naturally assigns the new to what your body is using it's own for instead of it building up and storing in the brain and you getting high.
There are cannaboids in breast milk so babies can deal with their rapid growth with less pain and discomfort, it boosts their own cannaboid production the same way smoking does for those in chronic pain, muscle discomfort and/or nerve damage/disorders.
It helps with muscle spasms, muscle pain, nerve damage issues and a myriad of other issues.
It also helps me sleep and with nausea and to eat when pain causes me to lose my appetite.
Much of this more than any other meds, with nausea as no medication that exists for myself and 60% of the population.

But, those against legalization want those like me to be without it and to suffer more.
Yes, wanting one is to want the other.
Old 04-18-2007, 10:55 PM   #36
Perry Winkle
Esnohplad Semaj Ton

Interesting, rkzenrage. Thanks for the enlightenment.

Smoke on.
Old 04-18-2007, 11:03 PM   #37
rkzenrage

Unfortunately, I have a family and will not keep illegal substances in my home.
When I get VERY bad, sometimes a friend will come over, but it is very rare.
Old 04-18-2007, 11:30 PM   #38
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

I got high for the first time at age 15.

i had tried previously, but it was such low quality homegrown, dusty old hooch, that i mainly remember coughing and having a raw and sore throat. That first attempt was in 9th grade, so i must have been 14. We smoked with a toilet paper roll bowl....and i coughed, and blew the bowl all over with my first hit. lame

the second, successful time was a different matter. I was at my Dad's apartment with his neighbor's son, Carl. ( who later developed a bad stutter that he had never previously had, btw) and we were down by the pool (closed for the season) on our bikes. He had a litle crescent moon shaped candy tin .....with a bowl and a crinkled up baggie inside. We smoked...and as it came on, I realized that i had to be back at my dad's in half an hour or so......

i had to walk my bike back cuz i just couldn't conceive of riding it. When i got back, i immediately ran up to my room and laid down....trying to cope with this new sensation and paranoia. the yellow walls in that room pulsed and swelled. after about 20 minutes, my dad announced that we were going to Wendy's for dinner. oooookay. flash forward to wolfing a bowl of chili....and my dad saying....."hungry?" in an odd tone.

it went down much like that.

later, i realized that my dad was a stoner. I started smoking with him at 18 or 19......he must have known. I've never asked him.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 11:47 PM   #39
Ibby
erika

I'm having a moral dilemma here.

When I decided to become buddhist, I decided to give up (or just not start) eating meat, drinking, smoking, etc. Completely voluntary...

Except Caro also had declared that she would dump me if I started doing drugs. Weed was totally out.

Except she dumped me anyway.

So now I'm trying to reconcile my buddhism-rooted belief that while that shit aint bad for you, i dont wanna do it because... okay i dont even know why, because buddha sorta advised against it (not FORBADE it, nothing's technically forbidden and all that - just kinda advice, kind of a powerful suggestion). I know a lot of buddhists dont care about that/dont believe in it, but I told myself i wasnt going to do that stuff so now i kinda want to be true to what i told myself...

At the same time, I really want to know what it's like at least once. And I see no real reason not to (except, you know, the whole 'crazy-ass asian head-chopping-off thing...and the whole school-being-rabid-about-drug-tests... and all that...).

Help?
Old 04-18-2007, 11:53 PM   #40
rkzenrage

Many Buddhists do not believe that pot falls under the definition of intoxication if used for mind expansion, relaxation, or just occasionally and not to excess when you do.
Also, if you have not taken the lay vows, you are not held to them even as a practicing Buddhist.
Not trying to talk you into it, just saying guilt for guilt's sake is not healthy either, if you are not doing harm to yourself.
Old 04-18-2007, 11:59 PM   #41
Ibby
erika

I know I'm not like, FORBIDDEN from doing it for ANY reason (except, you know, the LAW, like I care) but I told myself I wouldnt. I want to hold myself to that, but at the same time... I dont.

I dunno what to do.
Old 04-19-2007, 12:17 AM   #42
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

If you made up an arbitrary rule for yourself to follow, couldn't you just make up a new arbitrary rule that says the original arbitrary rule isn't in effect?
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 12:39 AM   #43
piercehawkeye45
Franklin Pierce

I don't think I will be celebrating but if someone asks I won't deny it.

Do what you think is right, not what others tell you what is right. If you are buddhist but disagree about not being able to smoke pot, what is holding you back? If you want to do it but your mind tells yout hat you are morally against it, then you probably should avoid it but if you are not morally against it, you are just missing out on a new expierence.
piercehawkeye45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 12:50 AM   #44
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Quote:
Any album suggestions? I honestly cant decide what would be best getting-high music. If I do, that is.
I assume that everyone else has already suggested Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon.

So ... I will add The Beatle's White Album and Mahavishnu Orchestra's Visions of the Emerald Beyond.

Oh, yeah, and Klaatu's first album, if you can find it.

Along with Yes - Tales from Topographic Oceans and Fragile.

You'll do what you're going to do, of course, but IMHO, you can do without the weed. Just spend the time listening to the music and eat a ton of Oreo cookies.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 12:52 AM   #45
rkzenrage

Quote:
I know I'm not like, FORBIDDEN from doing it for ANY reason (except, you know, the LAW, like I care) but I told myself I wouldnt. I want to hold myself to that, but at the same time... I dont.

I dunno what to do.
What feels right, healthy.
Quote:
Right action.
I hate that I used to love to listen to Dark Side when I got high. Used to put on fractals and just relax.
Also fond of the Hendrix Blues album.
I am only recently into Trance... wonder how it would sound/feel? I likes some early techno. Nothing like good trance of today.
Was really fond of Gyotu Monks and Tibetan Chants, also listened to Native American storytellers.