The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Quality Images and Videos

Quality Images and Videos Post your own images and videos of your own days

Old 07-07-2017, 12:34 PM   #451
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Much better bigger.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 12:36 PM   #452
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Maybe that's smoke from burning Lithium batteries.
Old 07-08-2017, 02:56 PM   #453
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

I could watch that all day.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Old 07-08-2017, 02:56 PM   #454
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Remember when America kicked ass? Remember when America was awesome?

Name:  shuttlediscoveryferry.jpg
Views: 460
Size:  91.5 KB

Old 07-08-2017, 10:04 PM   #455
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

No, but I remember when most Americans people thought so.
Old 07-08-2017, 10:28 PM   #456
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

I was at an Air Force base in Texas waiting on a C-130 to arrive for an airborne training operation. NASA's 747 with the piggybacked Space Shuttle was just sitting there on the tarmac, about a hundred yards away, apparently there for refueling. I walked right up to it and took a good look around it. Granted, I was in field uniform wearing jungle fatigues and a green beret; but, I don't think something like that could be done today without some armed security force intervening.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 10:32 PM   #457
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Unbeknownst to you, they were watching and had the sterilization ray trained on you the whole time. Have you fathered any kids since then?
Old 07-08-2017, 11:57 PM   #458
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
Have you fathered any kids since then?
Oh. Shit.

I think they got to me, too!

Old 07-17-2017, 01:15 PM   #459
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Cockpit view of a Stinson 108-3 Name:  a.JPG
Views: 423
Size:  18.9 KB (<---not that one) airplane crash, with an esplanation of why it happened:

Old 07-17-2017, 11:53 PM   #460
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Nonsense, anybody can see the prop was all wonky and kept throwing blades off during the flight, dozens of them.
Old 07-26-2017, 11:47 PM   #461
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Awesome Brit pilot...
Attached Images

Old 07-29-2017, 03:22 PM   #462
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

B-1 Lancer

Watch at about the 2:05 mark, something goes floating across the screen on a parachute. Is this in the air (real?), or, is it superimposed on the vid? And wtf is it?

Better bigger, of course.

Old 07-29-2017, 04:13 PM   #463
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

Perhaps the Paradigm Acrobatic Team was airborne at the time, getting ready for; or, returning from a performance.

Name:  Paradigm Acrobatic Team.jpg
Views: 362
Size:  58.0 KB
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 07:49 PM   #464
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravdigr View Post
B-1 Lancer

Watch at about the 2:05 mark, something goes floating across the screen on a parachute. Is this in the air (real?), or, is it superimposed on the vid? And wtf is it?

Better bigger, of course.
Up until the 90's, my southern KC suburb town of Grandview, MO, was home to an air force base, Richards Gebaur. Their annual free airshow drew upwards of 350 to 400 thousand souls each year over the course of the weekend. I saw some amazing stuff there over the years, not to mention the stuff I saw flying in and out of there during the decades I lived there. However, bar none, the coolest thing was the Monday morning I went out to the patio surrounding the airport tower (no security in those days) and watched the planes departing for their home bases.

The star of *this* show was the B1-B. It made a maximum effort takeoff, quickly climbed to about 3000', then flew South a bit, making a wide turn, and returning to the North end of the base. At that point, wings now swung fully back, it headed back toward the flightline, descended to about 250' off the runway, and just as it was aligned with the tower (where about 100 people were now gathered and being informed by the ATC over the PA what each plane was and what they were doing as they left), the pilot kicked in the afterburners, stood this aircraft on its ass, and disappeared into a dot into the sky faster than you can say "holy shit!". It was impressive on every possible level, and something I'll never forget. The noise was unbelievable, and seeing this rather large aircraft performing more like a nimble fighter than a lumbering bomber was quite the eye opener.
Old 07-29-2017, 09:30 PM   #465
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
Whoops... The F-104 pilot and XB-70 co-pilot died. The XB-70 pilot survived but was really fucked up.
Here's its mate, installed at the Museum of the United States Air Force in Dayton, Ohio 'lo these many years.
Attached Images