The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Arts & Entertainment

Arts & Entertainment Give meaning to your life or distract you from it for a while

Old 04-21-2017, 11:27 AM   #256
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Watched that recently. Decent.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 07:58 AM   #257
Snakeadelic
Banned

We were all feelin down and kinda crushed by circumstance last night, so we retreated to some awful, awful favorites. Like Ghost Rider (don't judge me, I like the effects, especially the dual riders headed for San Venganza scene, and I'm old enough to think Sam Elliott is hot). And The Avengers. Side note, I can't WAIT for my birthday because Thor 3: Ragnarok will be on the big screen and it looks so frisky from the teaser!

Also, SQUEE they paid Jimmy Page whatever ridiculous amount he demanded to use one of my fave Zep tunes in the teaser!!! I WILL be singing along if they preview it at Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 (which is going to be the next theater movie we see) on account of I've known the lyrics to that song for most of my life...
Snakeadelic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 08:00 AM   #258
Snakeadelic
Banned

I've been recommending a couple of Werner Herzog documentaries a lot lately, too.

Inferno is about volcanoes, with a really awesome side trip in Ethiopia to hunt hominid fossils.

Happy People is about sable trappers in the heart of the Russian taiga, the vast forest that covers much of central and eastern Russia. Way more interesting than it sounds!

Both are available on streaming as far as I know. It hasn't been terribly long since I checked, so hopefully they're still there.
Snakeadelic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 12:40 PM   #259
glatt

Dunkirk is a very well done and extremely manipulative movie. I feel a little violated.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 03:31 PM   #260
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Get Out was pretty good. Most profitable movie, compared to it's budget, released this year.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Old 08-12-2017, 06:06 PM   #261
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravdigr View Post
Get Out was pretty good. Most profitable movie, compared to it's budget, released this year.
I enjoyed it immensely. I was successful at avoiding all the trailers, had only heard one interview before seeing it, well, that and numerous "omg, this movie is great" remarks.

I was not disappointed.
Old 11-21-2019, 08:00 AM   #262
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Saw "Parasite" last night. It's a foreign film that won't be in theaters much longer, so go see it while you can. Crazy good--and it's best if you go in knowing nothing about the plot.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 08:22 AM   #263
glatt

Yay! Somebody else saw it.

Seriously peeps. Go see it. Best movie I have seen in a few years.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 02:58 PM   #264
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

John Wayne flick The Searchers.

Not a recent movie, but I recently watched it.

Old 11-24-2019, 09:35 AM   #265
Griff
still says videotape

I saw Blinded by the Light last night. 1980's English Pakistani culture lit up by Springsteen, good stuff.
Old 12-08-2019, 08:48 PM   #266
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

Hmmm, I'm not really interested in the superhero genre of movies and I didn't see the previous WW one. I wonder if the '80's setting (which is back when I was running around the world) will bring enough nostalgia to make a difference; or, if it'll get lost in the special effects.

sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote