The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 03-10-2015, 09:20 PM   #181
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Yes, of course. I can't say about the base of the ladder, but they're typically not secured to whatever they're standing on, USUALLY the Earth, sure. But the base of the ladder in the bucket doesn't look like it's going anywhere, it's in the bottom of the V of the bucket. The top looks secured to the trunk.

Name:  zoomtrunk.jpg
Views: 282
Size:  154.7 KB

The whole thing is dangerous, no doubt. But it looks like precautions have been taken.
Old 04-20-2015, 03:46 PM   #182
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Hey, seeing as it's 4/20, watch these two guys get fucked up:

***There's a little blood shown on the sidewalk, so, if you're squeamy, maybe pass.***

See? Tell me they ain't fucked up.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 04:19 PM   #183
fargon
Person who doesn't update the user title

Those boys are all FUCKED UP.
I don't know but that one guy looks dead.
Heavily medicated for the good of mankind.
fargon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 04:33 PM   #184
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
A: Is he dead?
B: No, he's just fucked up.
~Four Brothers

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Old 04-25-2015, 12:21 PM   #185
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Definitely suffered some brain trauma.
Watch his hand... fucking stupid people
Old 04-27-2015, 02:35 PM   #186
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Our idiot is in the Camaro.<---YouTube link

Old 04-27-2015, 03:14 PM   #187
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

I gotta get a dash cam. I gotta. I gotta. Good lord.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 03:40 PM   #188
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

I rigged a tripod and a cheap digital camera in GrandCherokeeOne for a while.

I carry more than two people too often for that set up.

Old 04-27-2015, 05:31 PM   #189
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

What an idiot. The behavior of the driver of the pickup truck is illegal here in Washington. ON PAPER, the left lane is for passing only. No camping like this jerk. In fact, there's been a suggestion in our legislature this session that holding up traffic in the left lane be assessed an additional and increasing penalty for how much slower than the posted limit your traveling. Now, assuming the driver of the pickup was doing EXACTLY the speed limit, he might be faultless, but still not using the lane as it is designed/desired, for passing.

But back to the NYS, good grief, the driver of the camaro should be in jail.
Old 04-27-2015, 06:15 PM   #190
Lamplighter

A dose of estrogen might be more appropriate to subdue all the raging testosterone
that was generating those emotions of road rage and really bad judgement.

Passing on the left median is not OK in anyone's book, and that's what
appears to have lead to this "accident". After all, what could go wrong ?
Other than that, the "right" or "wrong" of driving in the inside lane, makes little matter.

Had all 3 drivers both eased off on the pedal and enjoyed a nice sunny day's drive,
they would each have all been in town about the same time, little worse for wear.

On the other hand, maybe if the Camaro's driver got to town a little bit later,
he/she might have been T-boned at some intersection by a different car, and killed !
Karma can sometimes be inevitable that way.
Lamplighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 06:41 PM   #191
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Fuck those left lane bandits. They park their ass in the left lane until it's time to cut across traffic for their exit. I don't care if they are doing the speed limit, I don't care if they are doing 20 over the fucking speed limit, they have no business in the left lane if they are not passing. The worst are pacing the car in the next lane because they have their cruise control set at the same speed as the car next to them. Then the car behind them in the left fucking lane is pacing the car ahead, while playing Kumbaya on their iPhone app, and everyone else on the road can go to hell.

Lamplighter, take your fucking estrogen and stick it up your ass. Then take your Ralf Nader amateur philosophy and get the fuck out of the way. You are a speed bump in the road of real people.
Old 04-27-2015, 07:18 PM   #192
Lamplighter

Wow ! Did I strike a nerve on somebody ?
Lamplighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 08:28 PM   #193
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

*shrug*

Not here, particularly. Though your claims about estrogen are specious at best. I'd be happy to trade hypothetical shoulda/coulda/woulda if onlies about the possible future outcomes of the drivers in the video, but ... to what end?

Going from what we can see in the video,

the pickup driver is wrong for camping in the passing lane.

the camaro driver is wrong-ER for passing on the median and directly caused the accident multiple car collision due to his reckless driving.

There's no defense for either one of them.

What it looks like to me is that the p/u driver is cluelessly on autopilot/cruise control or being a passive/aggressive jackass. And the camaro driver is a road-raging sociopath. I kinda wish he'd gotten hurt, though I'm certain the video evidence will ensure his suffering. Goody.
Old 04-27-2015, 08:48 PM   #194
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

So the Camaro driver blew a .19

http://www.syracuse.com/us-news/inde..._with_dwi.html
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 09:09 AM   #195
glatt

Those left lane bandits are egregious on a sliding scale that corresponds inversely with the amount of traffic on the road. If you are in a traffic jam, it's perfectly fine to camp out in the left lane. If the road is wide open, camping out in the left lane and creating a rolling road block is just the worst.

Around here, traffic is so heavy, cars are always camped out in the left lane, and there would be a car directly in front of that camper and also one directly in front of the truck (with an appropriate gap dependent on traffic speed.)

All I'm saying is there should be no one-size-fits-all condemnation of people in the left lane. Depends entirely on traffic.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote