The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Quality Images and Videos

Quality Images and Videos Post your own images and videos of your own days

Old 08-22-2014, 03:13 PM   #166
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

HO-LEE YIKES!!!

He *might* have that camera pointed in the wrong direction.
Old 08-23-2014, 11:09 AM   #167
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

GAH!! JFC.

Someone please break out the Holy Hand Grenade Of Antioch.

Or a J-DAM.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 12:15 PM   #168
glatt

I was expecting it to leap at the camera.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 01:29 PM   #169
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

I was literally leaning away from my monitor, waiting for just that.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Old 09-12-2014, 12:56 AM   #170
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Horror as abandoned house infested with over 100 killer spiders found in Co Carlow
How's that for a headline?

Apparently this guy in Ireland ordered over the internet, "Over 100 killer spiders...", and, "Among the lethal critters found crawling in the house were black widows, funnel-web spiders, scorpions and deadly tarantulas."
Oh, forgot to tell you... you should now panic.

The worst part is after he collected all these critters, he walked away, abandoned them like they were common puppies/kittens or something.
Old 09-12-2014, 06:05 AM   #171
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Poor little critters. Miles from their natural environment, left without adequate heating or food. They killed the dangerous ones when they found them. Shame.
Old 09-12-2014, 09:48 AM   #172
Carruthers
Junior Master Dwellar

This featured in several news outlets a couple of days ago:

Quote:
Mother finds deadly spider eggs in Tesco bananas

Abby Woodgate poked a white lump on her bananas which turned out to be cocoon full of tropical spider eggs

A mother who found eggs belonging to one of the world’s most venomous spiders hidden in her Tesco bananas had to have her vacuum cleaner incinerated after she tried to clean them up.

Pest control experts hired by the supermarket told Abby Woodgate, 30, anything that had been in contact with the bunch and its deadly cargo would have to be burned.

At first she had thought the bananas were mouldy when she noticed a white lump after they were delivered to her home.

But when she poked the mysterious growth with a toothpick, a cocoon opened, revealing dozens of tropical eggs.

She immediately threw the fruit in the bin, but a few eggs dropped on her kitchen floor, which she vacuumed clean.

When she called Tesco's store in Colchester, Essex, staff said they would come round to collect the bananas. Later she received another call saying pest controllers would come round instead.

Mrs Woodgate said: "The pest controllers asked where the eggs were and I told them the bin and they said 'right, we'll take that'.

"Then they asked had anything else come into contact with the eggs, and I told them about my vacuum cleaner, so they said 'we'll have to take that too'. All they could tell me is they thought they were tropical spider eggs."
and...

Quote:
British supermarkets buy shipments of bananas from tropical countries including Brazil, Costa Rica, Ecuador and Colombia, home to some of the world's most venomous spiders.

The Brazilian wandering spider oftens hides in bunches of banana and occasionally stows away in shipments to foreign countries. The species are known to have some of the most toxic venom in the world, causing loss of muscle control and breathing problems, and eventually death.

In November last year, a Tesco store in Kent was forced to close for several hours after a Brazilian wandering spider was found under a box of bananas.

Daily Telegraph

Google News

A few months ago I was at the checkout at my local Tesco when a spider ran out of a bunch of bananas that was about to be weighed.
It shot along the conveyor with commendable despatch and disappeared down the hole where the cables for the card terminal are routed.
The lady on the till, who I know quite well, just smiled and wasn't in the least bit surprised. 'Oh, we get a lot of those' she said.
Now, I don't know if it was completely harmless or whether it had the potential to visit multiple deaths upon the local populace, but I noted that the bananas came from Costa Rica. See above.
Old 09-12-2014, 10:10 AM   #173
glatt

They took the vacuum cleaner? If Tesco didn't buy her a new one, they should.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 10:10 AM   #174
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

The Brazilian wandering spider belongs in the Appropriate Names thread
Old 09-12-2014, 02:59 PM   #175
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundae View Post
The Brazilian wandering spider
What is that? A new trend in ladyscaping?

Old 09-12-2014, 03:01 PM   #176
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Also, from Bruce's link:

Quote:
...and deadly tarantulas.
Aside from me killing myself trying to get away from one, I didn't know tarantulas were deadly.

Old 09-12-2014, 08:46 PM   #177
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

I don't believe they are. There's hundreds of different kinds of tarantulas so maybe there are some, but I suspect the reporter was just wrapped up in his own sensationalist reporting.
Old 09-13-2014, 08:03 AM   #178
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Wiki says no actual species of tarantula are anywhere near deadly, but several other big-spider species, including the Brazilian Wandering Spider, are often mistaken for tarantulas.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 09:11 AM   #179
fargon
Person who doesn't update the user title

EEK, I'm scared of SPIDERS!!!
Heavily medicated for the good of mankind.
fargon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 11:42 AM   #180
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Scared of spiders? Well how about a cute little monkey?
Attached Images