The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Relationships
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Relationships People who need people; or, why can't we all just get along?

Old 09-19-2010, 06:12 AM   #1
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Oh What A Night

...Oh, I. I got a funny feeling when she walked
In the room and I,
As I recall it ended much too soon.

Oh, what a night,
Hypnotizing, mesmerizing me.
She was everything I dreamed she'd be.
Sweet surrender, what a night!

I felt a rush like a rolling bolt of thunder
Spinnin' my head around and taking my body under.
Oh, what a night!

Oh, I. I got a funny feeling when she walked
In the room and I,
As I recall it ended much too soon.

Oh, what a night.
Why'd it take so long to see the light?
Seemed so wrong, but now it seems so right.
What a lady, what a night!

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 07:17 AM   #2
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Good for you Grav!
Hope this doesn't burst your bubble, but I do love this version
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 02:29 PM   #3
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Thanks. It's more about the girl and the night than the song. I've known this girl (woman, really, four yrs older than me) for about fifteen yrs. My best friend's ex, but we've all stayed friendly. They broke up almost four yrs ago. We, (everyone in our little circle), hang out all the time.

And then, last week she just came up and sat in my lap. And let me tell you, that girl didn't sit still one minute. I'm thinking, 'ok this is cool, but, she's just letting loose a little', she was a little tipsy and happy, and I didn't think anything of it. But last night, me and her ex are at a party, and I get what shall be henceforth be referred to as The Text Message. I says to him, I says "Am I your ride to town?" He says "Yes, yes you are." I said "Come with me now or you're on your own."

I didn't tell him where I was headed.

Here's a question: I think I have to tell him, because I love the dude like a brother and don't want this to come up later and look like I was trying to keep it from him. But, if I tell him, and he tells two friends, and they tell two friends, and it gets back to her, that won't look too good, either. And I really like her. Even more so, now. BTW, I've wanted this girl since the first time I saw her.

What to do? Tell him/Don't tell him

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Old 09-19-2010, 02:35 PM   #4
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

tell

what you tell is key.

I don't know enough to guide you further, sorry.
Old 09-19-2010, 02:59 PM   #5
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
what you tell is key.
Oh, well that goes w/out saying. All this stuff is fairly anonymous...I'm really not the kiss and tell type (unless you want details)

Old 09-19-2010, 05:17 PM   #6
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Old 09-20-2010, 02:41 PM   #7
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Tonight, her clothes get removed (slowly) with that song playing. I hope. We have an appointment later.

Old 09-20-2010, 02:52 PM   #8
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable

I hope she lives in Ohio.
Old 09-20-2010, 03:03 PM   #9
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

If you hope she lives in the southern part of Ohio, say near Cincinatti, well then that's not so far to drive...Are you female and living in Ohio? If that wasn't what you meant, then I'm completely lost with the Ohio comment.

Old 09-20-2010, 03:16 PM   #10
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravdigr View Post
If you hope she lives in the southern part of Ohio, say near Cincinatti, well then that's not so far to drive...Are you female and living in Ohio? If that wasn't what you meant, then I'm completely lost with the Ohio comment.
No, why do you ask that is what I meant
Old 09-20-2010, 04:24 PM   #11
Yznhymr
the crowd goes wild!

PS. Thanks for the ear worm. No, really thanks!

Can't...get...song...out...of...head!!!

Maybe, I can try one of these??!!??

Beth I hear you calling...

or

Delta Dawn, what's that flower you have on?

or my favorite...

Skyrockets in flight!
Afternoon delight!
"The pride system tends to intensify the self-hate against which it is supposed to be a defense, since any failure to live up to one's tyrannical shoulds or of the world to honor one's claims leads to feelings of worthlessness." Bernard J. Paris, Ph.D.
Yznhymr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 04:27 PM   #12
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

digr - that made me chuckle AND I think I need to steal your tagline.
Old 09-20-2010, 04:58 PM   #13
Juniper
I know, right?

Hey, that's where I live. :: sigh ::
Juniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 03:05 PM   #14
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Old 09-21-2010, 03:10 PM   #15
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Oh, BTW, if anyone needs one, I have a spare one of these -->. I didn't get to use it last night, we just hung out. Well, she hung out. With me, it was more of a poking out type thing.