The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-30-2012, 02:51 PM   #1
Big Sarge
Werepandas - lurking in your shadows

I'm still alive

I'm still alive, but have had a tough time. Thank you for all of the well wishes. I had my medical retention board and I was deemed deployable (with restrictions) due to my critical MOS. I never had to go higher than the State Board. That's good, but they scared the crap out of me telling me their concerns.

After the board, I was working on my little homestead. I was moving haybales and I picked up one full of fire ants. I had a severe reaction. We made it to a fire department before my air way closed and the paramedics worked on me till the ambulance could get to me. The doctor later told me he thought he was going to have to trach me becausue they couldn't get the the tube down my throat at first. I had 2 doses of epi. I'm glad the kids were with me, but it really upset Addie. This is my first day back to work. I'm staying with my dad while I recover because I couldn't keep the generator going to power the A/C & it has been pretty warm down here

Every body else close your eyes. Sundae - I did get your package & the Panda frame has a pic of you in it. The kids even brought it to me to have while I was in the hospital. I had a lot of comments on it. LOL.