The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 12-15-2011, 10:45 AM   #7411
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Minifobette woke up mean this morning, partly my fault because I forgot one of her meds last night and partly because it's overcast and raining and that fucks with her head somehow, either because there are pressure changes giving her a headache or she just doesn't like the sky being different, who the fuck knows. Couldn't get her morning routine done in the standard hour-and-fifteen-minutes, so she missed the bus, thus I got to park a block and a half away and walk her in the pouring rain, meanwhile she's still whining about the fact that she's not carrying both umbrellas, and she doesn't like me wearing my jacket, and then she got mad that I lifted her over the giant puddle so instead she went back and dropped to her knees in it, then she was pissed because she was all wet, and then the stupid crossing guard nagged me about jaywalking instead of going all the way down to use the crosswalk, and helpfully suggested that I leave younger siblings at home when taking my children to school, because apparently my other children got the invisible gene from their dad's side, and the visible one wears this giant school backpack for fun, didn't you know? Oh and also, Minifob woke up blowing green snot everywhere, so his blood test next week is probably going to show that his WBC count has not recovered into normal ranges yet. And tomorrow I have to attend a PPCD Christmas party, then a Kindergarten Christmas party, then a therapy clinic Christmas party, all of which require me to make single servings of various holiday-themed snacks so my kids will have something to consume like the other kids, and real Christmas is coming and we have to drive 7 hours to see the in-laws and pack all the necessary food for the 3-day trip and my stupid car needs $2000 in repairs and yesterday I tore a hole in the knee of my last pair of jeans.

Okay, I think I'm done now.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 11:08 AM   #7412
Lamplighter
Person who doesn't update the user title

Wow ! Some Moms are supreme beings.
Lamplighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 01:52 PM   #7413
skysidhe
~~Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamplighter View Post

I agree.
skysidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 06:08 PM   #7414
zippyt
LONG LIVE KING ZIPPY! per Feetz

damn Clod !!
Ya still got any hair left ???
Stay strong
Old 12-15-2011, 06:40 PM   #7415
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Oh man, and today even got worse later on. Got Minifobette's allergy panel back from the lab. We had tested for every single food she eats (only about a dozen,) plus the full regional inhalant panel (basically every tree that grows in Texas,) trying to figure out what the hell is giving her the constant allergy symptoms no matter how much Zyrtec and Alavert and Singulair we give her.

Anyway, results are in, and it turns out she is indeed highly allergic to just one thing: butternut squash. Which, you know, she only eats 4 times a day. It's the main ingredient in a "juice" puree I make for her that both provides necessary nutrient content as well as delivers several medicines. So over the next few days we have to gradually switch her over to a new blend using zucchini as the main base and hope she accepts the shift in flavor. That's convenient. At least we have an answer, even if it's not the answer we wanted.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 09:22 PM   #7416
monster
I hear them call the tide

Um Fob, you made my week look not so bad and it was kind of sucking......
Old 12-15-2011, 09:24 PM   #7417
monster
I hear them call the tide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamplighter View Post
The rest of them are just useless drudges getting by on minimum effort, selling their kids' food coupons to feed their crack habit....
Old 12-15-2011, 09:46 PM   #7418
DucksNuts
Bitchy Little Brat

My first actual "shift" at work was good, then really really crap when I picked up my phone and had a missed call from my Mum (babysitting) 3 hours earlier, the stupid voice to text gave me this message "Edita and got a cap to clean his eye. Give us a call"

wtf? call Mum and Addison had stacked off the bed and crack his head open on the bedside table. She thought it might need stitches.

Get home and there is a 2 inch split between his eyebrows, which is still bleeding and gross.

Off to ER at 10pm at nite, home again at 1am with the gaping hole glued together.
DucksNuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 10:09 PM   #7419
zippyt

sign the papers so she can take them to the hospital in an emergency ,
Boys will be Boys ,
And dont forget those feral Roos !!!
Old 12-15-2011, 10:14 PM   #7420
DucksNuts
Bitchy Little Brat

Shes all set and could have taken him Zip, she didnt a good job of patching him up until I got home.

Poor kid! Summer holidays and he cant get his face wet for 10 days....although its raining, and he has a cold, he still wants to play in the rain or swim.
DucksNuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 10:48 PM   #7421
zippyt

i can dig it , i had a broken arm one summer , couldnt swim and play in the sprinkler
Old 12-16-2011, 08:16 AM   #7422
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyt View Post
i can dig it , i had a broken arm one summer , couldnt swim and play in the sprinkler
And NOW look at you!

How's the shoulder?
Old 12-16-2011, 10:28 AM   #7423
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

I am feeling calmer and I read Clodfobble's storm of shite up there so now I feel a bit better and can stitch my tale of woe (for it is an Eyore's tale) to the bottom here.

Son number 2 is going to move into his aunt's house to dog-sit for a week and then he will move into his own abode.

I have been literally homicidal and suicidal and even a tad arsonist-y.

It has been a weekus horribalis.

whew. I feel I can finally breathe after two weeks.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 10:30 AM   #7424
zippyt

How's the shoulder?
funny thing is ,,, its the same arm
and the shoulder is Barometric
Old 12-16-2011, 10:52 AM   #7425
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble View Post
Oh man, and today even got worse later on. Got Minifobette's allergy panel back from the lab. We had tested for every single food she eats (only about a dozen,) plus the full regional inhalant panel (basically every tree that grows in Texas,) trying to figure out what the hell is giving her the constant allergy symptoms no matter how much Zyrtec and Alavert and Singulair we give her.

Anyway, results are in, and it turns out she is indeed highly allergic to just one thing: butternut squash. Which, you know, she only eats 4 times a day. It's the main ingredient in a "juice" puree I make for her that both provides necessary nutrient content as well as delivers several medicines. So over the next few days we have to gradually switch her over to a new blend using zucchini as the main base and hope she accepts the shift in flavor. That's convenient. At least we have an answer, even if it's not the answer we wanted.
I was gonna suggest that you start incorporating seasoning with a pronounced flavor (like pumpkin pie spices) then it occurred to me that those are probably "off list."
If not, then the flavor of the spices will overwhelm any change in squashiness.

Also, do you bake or boil the squash? Caramelization adds a lot to the flavor profile and esp. with butternut which has a lot of sugar. If you do, be sure to caramelize the zucchini and add some sort of sugar (a tiny amount) just to give the zucchini a chance to develop those Maillard reaction flavors.

Or not. Probably not.

Tags
swiss