The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 05-28-2014, 09:55 AM   #211
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

I dreamed I was PMing Glatt. But in the twisted way of dreams, the PMs were on little scraps of paper. Turns out his real name is Thomas Cock. He even wrote that he thought the Cellar obsession with cock began with him and it seemed possible to me.

He owned a shop. He called himself a Proprietor, which sounded decent and old fashioned.

As the dream progressed he'd sent me a goldfish in a bowl. Only he was worried that the bowl would be too small as the fish grew, so he sent me a tank. I wasn't sure where I was going to put it.

That is all.
Nice to know Glatt's real name though.
Old 05-28-2014, 09:58 AM   #212
glatt

I love it! Both the idea of PMing with scraps of paper, and the cock meme etymology.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 10:55 AM   #213
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Of course it might have been Griff
Old 05-28-2014, 01:36 PM   #214
Griff
still says videotape

I have a recently vacated aquarium out in the wood shed...
Old 11-13-2014, 04:42 PM   #215
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Talked to Dani the other night. I mean actually talked on the telephone IRL.
Keep up.

We spoke about dreams and the Cellar and all that. In a book it would seem preposterous coincidence, but it really happens in real life, because even when you try to dwell in a fantasy world real things happen. Like dreams.
So. Anyway.
The night we spoke, I dreamed about her.

I was moving into her place. It was actually quite grim and the room she was allocating me was very bare and inhospitable. The rent was at the top end of what I could afford, and she had two rules.

- No men
- No alcohol
- All bills to be shared, £ to be paid into a joint account and as she knew she was making her payments any defaults were my responsibility and anyway I would be out
- No meat. No meat or animal products full stop.
- And although she would not ask me to become Muslim, she would really appreciate that commitment.

Yes, I can count.
Not well, which we talked about in REAL real life on Sunday, when I admitted I can't properly learn songs with numbers in.
She knows this anyway. She'd rather I didn't remember any songs at all. Because I insist on singing them to her, which is terribly weary.

So in the dream I didn't get that it wasn't only two rules.
But I would have. No flies on me.

Of course the dream person is not Ms DC at all, anyway.
The tone, if not the content, came from Miss Mona's rules - you'll know them if you know your Dolly Parton.
And some came from me.

Still. at least she wasn't in the later, early morning dream, where a Negress was going down on me in a dystopian, futuristic, 1930's Better Amsterdam, which was supposed to be a London suburb but was a cross between Euston station and Terry Gilliam's Brazil. Shopping centre cum council estate.

ETA I know that the N word I've used is outdated and I do consider it offensive.
It was probably in my dream because of a novel I've just read, which was partly set in Nazi Germany. The novel/ novelist is not racist, but uses the vernacular of the time, moving on yo question and criticise those opinions.
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 05:49 PM   #216
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

I just heard that term, negress, in an episode of 'American Horror Story'.

Ya don't hear that one every day.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 07:46 PM   #217
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Dreamed I was at chez Limey.
Been there often enough to know what it really looks like, but we all know dreams are weirdorama.
It was my old cottage, just warmer and with more bedrooms.
And Carruthers had a huge attic apartment.

Oddly, I mean IRL and really oddly, I woke from a dream of a shared meal of cassoulet with an enormous craving for a kebab. 'bab shop closes at 02.00. Going to try to get back to the Limey dreams. Because no matter how my mind messes with architecture, the warm feeling of welcome was real.
Old 12-26-2014, 11:13 PM   #218
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

I dreamed we all drew a dish (as in a meal idea) from a hat - literally as my sleeping mind still can't quite get the internet completely right.
They were traditional ones from our various countries.
The idea was we all researched our selection, found out the origins, how it was originally made and how it is eaten now.
I got corn bread.

Trouble is, I got bogged down in the details.
I spent all night going right back to the very origins of corn and was already deeply into it before I even got to the American part of the story.
It turns out the American Revolution started earlier than I had realised, 80AD to be precise. So I still had a loooong way to go before I got to the present day.

I think I woke up more tired than I went to sleep.
Old 12-27-2014, 09:28 PM   #219
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

I dreamed that I was on a beach. There was deep snow on the beach, and spencer grabbed a snowmobile and rode it over to the right where there was an empty spot for us to set up our blankets. I was looking at the people out in the surf in their snow suits.... Wondering if mine was going to absorb a lot of water and make swimming difficult. Griff called me over to the hot tub and pool area which was crowded with people I didn't know. In an adjacent hot tub (I was somehow in a hot tub myself at this point, Sundae was holding a football. She threw it to me, and we began having a catch. I threw a perfect spiral, gently enough for her to catch it, and she passed it off to her right. That stranger threw it back into my tub, and so it went. The 2nd and 3rd ball I threw to sundae went astray, because I was too tight up against the back of my hot tub, and my arm kept hitting the concrete edge. On the 4th throw, I stood up and threw a bullet to Sundae. I immediately thought, 'shit, that was way too hard a throw, I'm going to hurt her' but she caught it, and congratulated me on not missing her again for a third time. I felt sheepish.

Sundae, you looked dead sexy in that orange bikini. You also looked like you had long straight brown hair, bolt on tits, and a gold chain with some kind of pendant that made your tan look perfect... But I still knew it was you. Like it was you in Jennifer Aniston's body.

That all probably has some kind of meaning. Never been one that had any success figuring out what my dreams meant though.. I figure Dana will have an idea or two.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 08:02 AM   #220
Griff
still says videotape

Thanks for the shoutout Jimbo's subconscious. I have no idea.
Old 12-28-2014, 08:06 AM   #221
Griff
still says videotape

Maybe the Reverend can help.
Old 12-28-2014, 10:40 AM   #222
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Shit. That's going to be stuck in my head now.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 11:12 PM   #223
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

I went into my local shop to pick up my post. I'd somehow misbehaved in there quite recently and swore I'd never go back, out of shame. But in hindsight it seemed wrong not to support a local business and deny them custom when I was the one who caused the problem.

The Manager came by to mention politely that when I'd last used my card in there, although it had been processed at point of sale, when they'd submitted their receipts the bank had declined payment. It was £130. My stomach sank - no wonder my money had seemed to go further this fortnight. I said I would sort it out and get back to them, knowing full well it would be another four days before I could meet the payment.
I felt bad because I knew that everywhere I'd spent money since, being large chain shops and supermarkets, would always have had immediate payment. It was only because they were on an old sysem that they missed out.

It turns out that as well as holding my post for me they had a message taking service.
I picked my messages up. I scanned the sheet quickly. Blah blah DanaC, blah blah Limey - oh! a message from Bruce? He said if it was really needed he could help make up the £8 I needed for my travel card. Damn. £8 wouldn't even touch the sides now.

The lady behind the counter was understandably wary of me, adding to my guilt. What was it I'd done again? Kicked off in some way. Even though I knew I'd been sober I couldn't remember, except that I'd been rude.
I tried to engage her in conversation about my friend Peter. Because I'd remembered that he knew them in there too. I was trying to count his siblings. After his little brother was born, his parents had had more children, all girls. I worked out that he was one of seven siblings, and so came from a family unti of nine. I was trying to make a feeble joke about 7 of 9, but I couldn't get it across.

All I could think of was that I'd lied to Carruthers about having a bus-pass, and now I had no way to buy one. I had to get in contact with someone with photoshop skills so I could get some photos made up which showed me out and about and doing things so he'd never know. I thought about the cat photo, which I now realised didn't just have the one cat in it, but a whole row sitting like spectators across the top. It hadn't been done all that well either and I was embarrassed that I'd responded to it genuinely.
Old 04-05-2015, 11:43 AM   #224
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

I was very close to going back and looking at that cat picture. That part made me lol, be a use I pictured it in my head!
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 05:35 AM   #225
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

I wish i could remember my dreams in such detail lol
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote