The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Relationships

Relationships People who need people; or, why can't we all just get along?

Old 06-23-2007, 12:14 PM   #1
skysidhe
~~Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.~~

Suicide Watch Thread

I have read alot or seems like alot of suicide threads. I hope that everyone seeking a fast ride out will seek help but in the meantime while you are here could you post in this thread so I can get a good look at you...?Maybe you could even give a little introduction because I have no idea of who Deuce and anonymous are. Does anyone? Does it matter? I think it might matter if someone was just yanking strings for kicks. Did anyone read through anonomous's posts? Does anyone know who that person is? I think maybe I could drum up some sympathy if the whole thing wasn't so vauge. If these people are regulars under another name it would be nice to know.

Please Deuce and anonymous and anyone else who feels like offing themselves. Please post here. I have been struggling with feeling callous for not responding to your 'cries for help' so I thought I would address some issues I have with it here.

Last edited by skysidhe; 06-23-2007 at 12:27 PM. Reason: who the hell IS anonymous?
skysidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 01:03 PM   #2
wolf
lobber of scimitars

"anonymous" is a group-accessible sock puppet. It's anyone who has the password, which is well ... potentially everyone.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 01:09 PM   #3
skysidhe

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf View Post
"anonymous" is a group-accessible sock puppet. It's anyone who has the password, which is well ... potentially everyone.

So......this thread is true.

Thank you

http://cellar.org/showthread.php?p=209210#post209210
Old 06-23-2007, 06:45 PM   #4
Deuce
Pesky Pugalist [sp]

sky:

I don't know about anon, but the posts by Deuce were mine own, and made in earnest, not as a prank.

I am seeking help. Some of that help is here, in the replies we've both read. Some of it is by phone with people close to me and knowledgeable about my situation. Some of it is in person with professionals and laymen.

Despite the appearance of so much help, I remain very much alone. It's not so dark today, suicide is less appealing than, say, dinner, but we sit at the same table.

Much much more distressing is my personal situation, which I am reluctant to describe in any useful detail. I am reluctant for a number of reasons, chief among then is that is just sounds so whiny. He hurt my feelings, she said something mean, he won't do this, she called me a name. She told a lie. Gah. It's all true of course. My feelings are hurt, grievously so. The mean things said cut me, to the bone. Sticks and stones not withstanding, that shit hurts. Slander hurts. I hurt.

I am universally regarded by those that know me as a very strong person. By those close to me, by those in conflict with me, that strength is characterized as stubbornness. Perhaps. I have strength. But this strength is no defense against these assaults. Why? Because I have given the people hurting me access to my heart.

That is my dilemma. I could easily close my heart against these painful, hurtful attacks, by closing my heart against the attacker. But at such a cost!! To be impervious to pain would mean to be immune to love. I have willingly made and maintain this choice. But I cannot continue long under the current conditions, receiving so much more pain than love, I just can't.

What comes then I don't know. Maybe that's the day I die. Maybe not. Maybe I brick over my heart out of self defense. I find scant difference between unloving and unliving. What is life without love? Better still, why bother?
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 09:15 PM   #5
skysidhe

Well thanks for responding.

It's important while that you want to retain love for the greater good it is important to look at the reasons why you might leave your heart open for more pain.

Really, you might be thinking you deserve pain. You might like suffering for the sake of principle.

I don't know.

I don't know you or your situation of course but thoughts of suicide require intervention.

I find anger to be a much better emotion. Tears have never done anything for me.
Old 06-23-2007, 10:57 PM   #6
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Deuce, it someone you love causes you pain repeatedly, assuming you've told them it does, they are not loving you back. You should reassess your relationship.

If you think your suicide will cut them to the quick, make them feel guilty for causing you pain for the rest of their lives, you're dreaming. First of all they won't connect your suicide to themselves at all... even if you leave a note or tell them ahead of time, they will say you were just nuts.

There is no possible way your suicide would hurt anyone but yourself.
I take that back, there is one. In rare cases someone might be affected traumatically, and will hate you, speak ill of you, forever... but that's not common.

So if someone's remarks are causing you pain you've got to learn to laugh it off, consider the source, or get the hell away from them.
No, suicide is not getting away from them, it's letting them get away with it.
Old 06-23-2007, 11:37 PM   #7
Deuce
Pesky Pugalist [sp]

sky, xoxoxobruec:

First, thank you for your kind replies.

I really do want the pain to stop. THAT'S what I want. I don't feel like killing myself. But I want the pain to stop. I don't think of suicide as punishing others, only as a way to make the pain stop. Ok. Today I'm kind of ok, so suicide it stupid today. (stupid all the time, so stipulated) But I am sometimes stupid. And it would be effective. Shit, I don't want to sound like I'm justifying it. I'm not.

I think a far far better use of my energy and time and effort would be to try to find an answer to the points discussed. The root causes of the pain. And not just my openness and not just my faults in the relationships.

Wow, Bruce, you're smart. Not kiddng, not mocking. Really, you're right. I need to laugh it off, consider the source, or get the hell away from them. Those are strategies that I use to great effect with all the other similar sources in my life. These sources are a lot harder to deal with using any of these strategies.

I can't laugh it off anymore. I can't. I've tried, but I'm done with that. Getting away has complications too. But it does have the useful aspect that it can be used immediately and repeatedly. Just walk away, walk away clean. Take a time out. For myself and the others. This has potential for acute problems, but for the chronic problems, it doesn't work for me. I'm not abandoning any of these people, and it doesn't look like they're going anywhere either.

Which leaves me with considering the source. This is good, really good. Especially for the younger ones, I can "consider the source" and be disappointed perhaps at the lack of maturity, but I'm the adult, and I have the responsibility and the ability to get over it. I can do that. I can do that some more. For the other adults in the same situation, this will be harder and it will have some unfortunate side effects. I will be asserting myself more and I can tell you right now, that's gonna be gas on the fire. I *do* know what's right and what's wrong. I *do* know what I'm thinking and what my motives are. When those truths are violated, I'll just have to consider that "they're doing their best, and to cut them some slack". On the interaction side. On the effects side, I will play those by ear too. Choose my battles, y'know.

I'll tell you right now, there'll be more and bigger fights and instead of seeking consensus, I'll be deciding alone. There. The gauntlet will be thrown down. Then their gloves will come off too. Rummmmmmbbbble!

The stakes are too high on some of these issues for me to concede. I feel there are long term ill effects for some of the things that are happening here and I won't abide them any longer. That will not make me more popular with anyone. More fuel to the fire. But with a combination of getting away (temporarily) and considering the source, I believe I can succeed.

The "consider the source" angle does seem a little disappointing and condescending to me. But I have tried to exercise **every** opportunity to interact as adults. But that's not possible when I'm the only adult in the room. Act like a child, be treated like a child.

Hoo boy, it's going to be a bumpy ride.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 12:09 AM   #8
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Just attach a dildo to your seat and enjoy the bumpy ride.
Old 07-02-2007, 04:27 PM   #9
Drax
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
I don't feel like killing myself.
Good. Hell is a lot worse than death.

Quote:
I don't think of suicide as punishing others, only as a way to make the pain stop.
Suicide punishes the people who care about you the most.

Suicide is the coward's way out.
Drax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 12:23 AM   #10
rkzenrage

Honestly. I think about it a lot.
Quote:
This is the only reason I don't.

Quote:
Suicide is the coward's way out.
For some, perhaps. But, every day it seems like I am less, like I am being eaten from the inside out.
It is making my family sick as well. No matter how much I try to keep from them my suffering harms them more every day. It makes them sick as well and I cannot help but feel like they would be FAR better off without me.
Yesterday was a bad pain day, the trip was very hard on me. It was the day after my son's birthday.
The more pain I am in and the less I can function the more it seems that my family gets sick also and I keep thinking that the cure would be for me to go.
I have no plans, but I want their pain to stop far more than my own... not that that is not part of it, I confess.
There are things they do not know about my condition now. I have never kept secrets from my wife.

Have fun Bruce.
Old 07-03-2007, 12:04 PM   #11
Cicero
Looking forward to open mic night.

Yeah, I am far better off without the people I know that did it. Probably didn't need to be around such self-absorbed people.
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 09:59 AM   #12
bani

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drax View Post
That's why I don't do it as well. This doesn't mean I'm not hoping someone else will do it for me... a car accident, a stroke, whatever... I'm not doing it myself, but every morning when I wake up and every evening when I lay down I pray the beloved ones who are not here anymore to come and take me... I trust them much more than the people I have around in this life, and when I wake up and find I'm alive, or lay down and see another day has passed, I can only hope they're taking care of me and they know it's better for me to stay, just a little bit more...

Deuce, rkzenrage, some of the things you say hit me so hard...
Old 07-04-2007, 05:13 PM   #13
rkzenrage

Honestly, I only think about it when I'm having extreme pain. It messes with my head.
Thinking in any rational way is very hard during those times and all I want is for it to stop and for my family's pain to stop because it harms them as well. I just want to hide from them.
It took my grandmother thirteen years to die of cancer and now I'm putting them through that all over again.
There is a lot of guilt involved with being this sick and having people who care about you.
Today is bad, lot of pain, lot of meds.
Old 07-04-2007, 06:47 PM   #14
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

rage, I know it's a hollow comfort, but we're thinking of you.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 11:03 AM   #15
bani

@rkzenrage: had some family with cancer, some of the people I said I trust, and I hope are looking after me form somewhere... I know you see the pain they are feeling, but you're not guilty of that, and since your family and the people that love you can fight with you they of course have pain, but they CAN fight, they CAN be with you, they CAN help! I think it woul be much harder if you stop it committing suicide, they would feel like they have lost you twice, and one of these two is their fault, not the cancer's...

and, asDanaC said: rage, I know it's a hollow comfort, but we're thinking of you.