The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Politics

Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

Old 02-02-2018, 10:08 PM   #151
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
The interesting thing to me is Bush Jr. Why did he start off low and then do better and better until he dropped again in 2004. Why was 2003 so high?
Other factors also apply. He did tax cuts. That means an immediate short term benefit that a majority blindly believed because rhetoric and half truths proved it. Followed many years later by a significant downturn.

That was predicted here (with reasons why) back then before those cuts were enacted. Cited were how all previous tax cuts that also resulted in a recession years later. Money games routinely create bad things many years later. A lesson we all should learn from today's tax cut for the rich. By 2004, the George Jr tax cuts were starting to contribute to a massive recession. Even the stock market was in constant downturn. People finally realized the myths were lies.

Meanwhile, in 2003, lies and rhetoric to promote war were peaking. Posted in the Cellar was:
Quote:
"And I'm very glad we've got the great team in office, men like Colin Powell, Don Rumsfeld, Dick Cheney, Condoleezza Rice.
We know all but Powell were intentionally lying to promote an unjustified war. They also constantly mocked and bad stabbed Powell who kept trying to restore sanity. As noted, "what is it good for ... ratings".

Starting in 2004, realities of a Mission Accomplished war first became obvious even to the many who drank the KoolAide.

By June 2004, Bremer had created an insurgency so massive that he could not even drive 5 miles from Baghdad to the airport (to evacuate Iraq). He also had to fly out secretly on a tiny jet. The insurgency intentionally created by Bremer, Rumsfeld, et al was that massive. Every informed American had realize we were about to sacrifice in Iraq (what turned out to be) most of the 5000 Americans for no purpose.

Every year after Mission Accomplished, reality demonstrated how much George Jr (actually Cheney) had lied blatantly and with total disregard for all American servicemen.

First an overwhelming majority of the informed saw it in 2004. Every year after that, more and more Americans realized how much and intentionally those George Jr people lied - for their own self serving reasons.

2004 is when secret torture and other Nazi like practices were finally coming to light. List of reasons why George Jr went downhill so much (and rightly so) are quite long. Above are but three.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 08:21 AM   #152
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

Yeah, no. Most people didn't care about any of that evidenced by the fact that he got reelected anyway. What sunk his popularity was his goofy daughters in the news. People were paying attention to that kind of stuff. Exhibit A:

sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 08:14 PM   #153
Griff
still says videotape

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
The interesting thing to me is Bush Jr. Why did he start off low and then do better and better until he dropped again in 2004. Why was 2003 so high?

He was very unimpressive at the beginning of his term, so that makes sense that early 2001 was low. But then we had 9/11 and his subsequent war on terror, so I understand the bump up in 2002. But why so high in 2003? And then the massive drop off in 2004?
It was likely the whole hanging chad SC situation.
Old 03-16-2018, 09:28 PM   #154
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Posting from phone..

Just noticed that Andrew McCabe has been fired.

He's with the FBI, and he's publicly announced his retirement effective Saturday. Tomorrow.

Why fire him today?

To fuck up his pension.

This is not really *absurd*but it is 100 percent shitbag.

Thanks Trump.
Old 03-16-2018, 09:53 PM   #155
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigV View Post
Thanks Trump.
How many who voted for Trump are finally apologizing?
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 10:14 PM   #156
sexobon

About the same as the number of Clinton supporters whose attitudes got her defeated that learned their lesson.
Old 03-16-2018, 11:19 PM   #157
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw
How many who voted for Trump are finally apologizing?
They are so brainwashed they cant see it...

I HEARD A SHEEPLE ON A PHONE THE OTHER DAY YELL OUT "DONALD TRUMP IS A GREAT PRESIDENT" -- Oh my,I wanted to vomit!!!!!!!!!!
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 03:21 AM   #158
Glinda
Fucktard Resistance League

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigV View Post
Posting from phone..

Just noticed that Andrew McCabe has been fired.

He's with the FBI, and he's publicly announced his retirement effective Saturday. Tomorrow.

Why fire him today?

To fuck up his pension.

This is not really *absurd*but it is 100 percent shitbag.

Thanks Trump.
Interesting. Yet another Trump administration top advisor/agency head/long-time government employee that he's fired without actually looking them in the eye and saying "You're fired."

Very admirable. Pure class. Incredible bravery and courage in a difficult situation.

Everyone says so.
Glinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 08:51 AM   #159
Griff
still says videotape

Time will tell, but I'm not sure you want to go out on a limb for this guy.
Old 03-17-2018, 11:00 AM   #160
Glinda
Fucktard Resistance League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griff View Post
Glinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 02:32 PM   #161
sexobon

President Trump is just an analogue man in a digital bureaucracy.
Old 03-17-2018, 02:44 PM   #162
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griff View Post
Saying that it's a dick move to fire someone the day before they retire is hardly going out on a limb.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 03:04 PM   #163
sexobon

If the guy who was fired was being a dick and thought he could escape consequences by going into retirement, the golden rule is in effect.
Old 03-18-2018, 09:23 AM   #164
Griff
still says videotape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Monkey View Post
Saying that it's a dick move to fire someone the day before they retire is hardly going out on a limb.
Firing someone for a fire-able offense on the recommendation of the Inspector General is not necessarily a dick move (granted Sessions is by and large a dick). When the IG's report is released, we'll have a better idea. Even assholes do the right thing now and again.

link to NYT stating recommendation by IG https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/14/u...epartment.html

Last edited by Griff; 03-18-2018 at 09:30 AM. Reason: add link
Griff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 09:40 AM   #165
Griff
still says videotape

As an independent voter, I want Trump out as badly as anyone because he is obviously corrupt and a threat to the Republic. This does not excuse Democrats when they do things that undermine the integrity of the various departments. I recognize that some in the GOP are actively trying to undermine public confidence in the Justice Department. My confidence is bolstered when an internal review recommends that neither party be protected from the truth. We can come out the other side of all this with integrity intact.

Tags
cheesecake