The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 06-26-2012, 04:45 PM   #1
Pico and ME
Are you knock-kneed?

Whats Murphys Law'ing you today?

Just last week I got plane tickets to Tucson to be with my Mom next month while she is recuperating from knee replacement surgery. I plan to be with her for 6 weeks until she can get back on her feet.

So what happens?

Fucking Chrysler finally calls me about coming in for orientation on July 2nd! I havent heard from them in months.

“Seven Deadly Sins: Wealth without work, Pleasure without conscience, Science without humanity, Knowledge without character, Politics without principle, Commerce without morality, Worship without sacrifice.” – Mahatma Gandhi

Last edited by Pico and ME; 06-26-2012 at 04:50 PM.
Pico and ME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 04:49 PM   #2
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

I have the new parts for the lawn mower. The lawn mower's sitting in the kitchen, waiting to be repaired. See "weather" thread. *sigh*
Old 06-27-2012, 08:05 AM   #3
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

I bought a sim card from a new provider because they can also supply a domestic signal boosting device so that I can get mobile calls and texts at home, where the signal is very poor.
They both arrived today.
To register the signal booster I first have to register the sim card. To register the sim card I have to have a signal. To have a signal I have to register the signal booster. To register the signal booster I first have to register the sim card. To register the sim card I have to have a signal. To have a signal I have to register the signal booster. To register the signal booster I first have to register the sim card. To register the sim card I have to have a signal. To have a signal I have to register the signal booster. To register the signal booster I first have to register the sim card. To register the sim card I have to have a signal. To have a signal I have to register the signal booster. To register the signal booster I first have to register the sim card. To register the sim card I have to have a signal. To have a signal I have to register the signal booster. To register the signal booster I first have to register the sim card. To register the sim card I have to have a signal. To have a signal I have to register the signal booster. To register the signal booster I first have to register the sim card. To register the sim card I have to have a signal. To have a signal I have to register the signal booster. To register the signal booster I first have to register the sim card. To register the sim card I have to have a signal. To have a signal I have to register the signal booster. To register the signal booster I first have to register the sim card. To register the sim card I have to have a signal. To have a signal I have to register the signal booster. To register the signal booster I first have to register the sim card. To register the sim card I have to have a signal. To have a signal I have to register the signal booster. To register the signal booster I first have to register the sim card. To register the sim card I have to have a signal. To have a signal I have to register the signal booster. To register the signal booster I first have to register the sim card. To register the sim card I have to have a signal. To have a signal I have to register the signal booster.
Etc.
Old 06-27-2012, 09:24 AM   #4
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
I'm on hold with Ridgid, waiting to let them know that the router I just bought for a job came with the wrong collet. I need to route stuff yesterday...

Finally connected to a person and was then sent to someone's voice mail.

Now back listening to distorted music, probably a cassette tape that someone found on the dashboard of some car in the parking lot that had been sitting there, abandoned, since the late 60s.

Hold it, the music just stopped. Just silence now. Should I press a button, just to see what happens? Let's try. 1 2 3 4 0

hang up, redial.
Old 06-27-2012, 09:37 AM   #5
Pico and ME
Are you knock-kneed?

Limey, thats a perfect Catch-22!

“Seven Deadly Sins: Wealth without work, Pleasure without conscience, Science without humanity, Knowledge without character, Politics without principle, Commerce without morality, Worship without sacrifice.” – Mahatma Gandhi
Old 06-27-2012, 10:28 AM   #6
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pico and ME View Post
Limey, thats a perfect Catch-22!
Yeah, that's right. Start your own thread, Limey; this is for Murphy's law.

Turnstile jumper.
Old 06-27-2012, 10:50 AM   #7
limey

sorry, I'll get my coat ....
Old 06-27-2012, 01:36 PM   #8
Pico and ME
Are you knock-kneed?

OMG NO! Lol, I didn't mean that.

Foot, however can go take his post over to the 'Im so irritating thread'

Old 06-27-2012, 03:57 PM   #9
limey

S'OK. I'm back. The Murphy's Law element of this story is that the text with the security code to register the sim card, that is valid for eight hours, arrived ten hours after I'd requested it ...
Old 06-27-2012, 05:47 PM   #10
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

ugghhh
Old 06-27-2012, 05:55 PM   #11
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pico and ME View Post

OMG NO! Lol, I didn't mean that.

Foot, however can go take his post over to the 'Im so irritating thread'
Think of me as a popcorn hull stuck under your gum