The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 10-23-2008, 11:08 PM   #901
Treasenuak
Multiorgasmic and wrapped in plastic

Even as a new mom, I've noticed there's a difference between an angry scream and a HURT scream... and I can block out the angry/annoyed scream but the truly hurt scream has me dropping everything instinctively...
Treasenuak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 11:21 PM   #902
Juniper
I know, right?

ROFL my husband does that all the time. I don't know how many times I've opened the microwave and discovered something he put in there the night before.

@Treas --- Oh no, is everything OK?
Juniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 09:20 AM   #903
Treasenuak

Oh yes. My daughter just seems to have a knack for falling into corners... furniture, walls, whatever. She's just learning how to walk. So I can ignore a "I'm frustrated 'cause I keep tipping over on my butt" scream, but her "I just whacked my face into the corner of the fridge" scream is a totally different sound and has me running for her before I realize I'm on my feet.
Old 10-24-2008, 09:29 AM   #904
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Finally got my make up from eBay.
Not my wig though. They haven't even marked it as Payment Received yet, although I sent it a week ago, and they haven't replied to my message chasing it. I do have a whole week to go, but my experience tells me - slack in one thing, slack in all. Grrrrr.

My make up is also disappointing.
I bought it off eBay because it was cheaper than buying it from a shop, and also they seemed to have the colours I wanted - I wouldn't know where to find goth make-up in London, although of course I know it must be for sale.

But the colours weren't well represented.
The purple is much darker than pictured - I was expecting it to be violet. And the makeup is smashed, leaking purple powder all over the inside of the packaging. Again I've messaged them but no response.
The red is much lighter than expected, looking almost pink. It does come up red on the skin, but not dark colour I wanted.
And the lipstick is just... less. It looked like a very dark red, a real vampish colour, but is more like the sort of burgundy colour worn by Mums.

Sigh.
Never mind, I have it all now. Practice tonight.
Old 10-24-2008, 09:37 AM   #905
Cicero
Looking forward to open mic night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
Dude is probably starved for human contact and just goes to the coffee shop for an excuse to talk to people who have to interact with him because it's their job.
Yea, he's the maintenance guy and a regular. Even so, I think this theory might hold up. He did seem starved for attention, mine at least, because he kept interrupting what I was doing to get another word about it in. He could tell that I was slamming busy, as were the rest of the workers, and still insisted on getting his 2 cents in, in full.

I'm over it today. I obviously don't like handing out in-depth explanations, as he wasn't there to ask for them. He was there to fix a drain. I am sure he had developed a resentment against me for a couple of years without me even recognizing his face. Because that's how people are. People are whacky. They would rather make up a story line of your life than do so something so simple: introduce yourself and ask, if you are so curious!
Old 10-24-2008, 09:46 AM   #906
dar512
dar512 is now Pete Zicato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treasenuak View Post
Oh yes. My daughter just seems to have a knack for falling into corners... furniture, walls, whatever. She's just learning how to walk. So I can ignore a "I'm frustrated 'cause I keep tipping over on my butt" scream, but her "I just whacked my face into the corner of the fridge" scream is a totally different sound and has me running for her before I realize I'm on my feet.
Ever been shopping in a crowded store when a kid yells "Mom"? Every woman's head turns. Even those whose kids are obviously grown.
Old 10-24-2008, 10:38 AM   #907
Treasenuak

My child can't even talk yet, and my head still turns when I hear some random child yell for his mom... eerie... :P
Old 10-24-2008, 11:44 AM   #908
SteveDallas
Your Bartender

In a workplace, some people make decisions about what other people will or will not be allowed to do. A different set of people may be charged with implementing these decisions.

For example, maybe the president decides who's entitled to a master key. But there is likely another employee who will actually cut the keys, or send out for a locksmith, or whatever.

Well guess what? If you didn't get a master key, complaining to the locksmith isn't going to get you one. The only thing it does is annoy the hell out of the locksmith.
SteveDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 11:52 AM   #909
Cicero

Are you responding to my post Sleeve?

Well in case you were, the half assed contractor that comes by irregularly has nothing to do with my job whatsoever. He holds no keys. Unless it's to his van.

Last edited by Cicero; 10-24-2008 at 11:59 AM.
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 11:52 AM   #910
Juniper
I know, right?

I can usually tell my own kids' "Moooooom!" But not always. Drives me crazy!
Old 10-24-2008, 12:00 PM   #911
Cicero

Now I feel even more fucking insulted. kthx.
Old 10-24-2008, 12:13 PM   #912
Juniper
I know, right?

Why?
Old 10-24-2008, 12:16 PM   #913
Cicero

Because my complaints don't belong here apparently, with everyone elses. Kind of like how I don't belong at work with other people either. Maybe I should go back to being a dishwasher at denny's and save my complaints for the fucking management there.

Breathe* ok over it.
Old 10-24-2008, 12:19 PM   #914
SteveDallas
Your Bartender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero View Post
Are you responding to my post Sleeve?
Nope, I was after my own cow-orkers. (You can consider me the locksmith in the allegory I posted.)
SteveDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 12:21 PM   #915
Cicero

Well don't I look like an ass? oh wait that's because...Srry sleeve. I am requesting that you forgive my ignorance.

Tags
mild cheddar