The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 07-09-2013, 05:22 AM   #9421
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Clod I hope you mend soon. You should make a video for us of your thoughts and observations just after your hit of morphine kicks in. I remember the inch was hilarious when he got some M for his broken leg.

And as for what V said, yeah, you don't have to sue the clinic. That's why god invented lawyers. Ask around for a great PI lawyer. They do all the work and you get 2/3 of the judgement. Mini-van? Hell, how about no more mortgage or a couple of solid college funds? Take this shit seriously and create a paper trail.
Old 07-09-2013, 08:39 AM   #9422
glatt

Wow, Clod, that's scary. I'm glad it was finally diagnosed properly. I hope you get better soon.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 10:30 AM   #9423
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

They're 99% sure that it's viral now, maybe even West Nile, but caution dictates that I stay on my antibiotic regimen and watch the culture at least until tomorrow to be certain. Beyond that, I'm not infectious unless I'm swapping blood, and I can go home as soon as the pain can be controlled with something less than IV drugs. The infectious disease doctor said she would expect Thursday at the earliest, but you never know, I might pull it off by Wednesday.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 10:32 AM   #9424
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

But Thursday would mean another day of rest for your body and soul.
Old 07-09-2013, 10:35 AM   #9425
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

is that the overachiever in you talking, or the overdeveloped immune system turning the corner on this assault with the help from the IV cavalry?

it's no matter, what I really want to say is stay in the hospital as long as it takes for you to be well, even if it's boring/irritating/keeping you from your life of leisure on the outside. Please.
Old 07-09-2013, 01:42 PM   #9426
Clodfobble

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
But Thursday would mean another day of rest for your body and soul.
Rest for my body, yes; soul, not so much. My kids basically haven't seen me in four days, and they can't come visit here because the little one is already upset enough knowing that I'm ill, seeing me in a hospital and then having to leave me here would make it much worse for her. Meanwhile Mr. Clod is doing his best caring for four kids by himself while also working from home because he already took all of last week off, but it's not what he's used to and he's already given them the wrong meds a couple of times. Obviously if I can't do it, I can't do it. But if I can do it, I need to be doing it as soon as possible.
Old 07-09-2013, 01:49 PM   #9427
Griff
still says videotape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble View Post

As for me, did I say I had severe flu? Apparently, I meant meningitis. Still waiting on official cultures to determine whether it's viral or bacterial, but they've already started the aggressive IV antibiotics, because if it's bacterial they can't afford to wait even a day. On the one hand, spinal tap says it's likely bacterial (low glucose, high protein,) but on the other, everyone's telling me that it just can't be bacterial, because after 5 days of it I should have been dead already. One nurse here told me I should go back to the two clinics that brushed me off earlier in the week, and threaten to sue until they comp my prior visit.
Um. Holy Crap!
Old 07-09-2013, 03:38 PM   #9428
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

the wrong meds?

I have no beef with Mr Clodfobble, but wtf? You

(nevermind. just nevermind.)

Please get well.
Old 07-09-2013, 03:53 PM   #9429
Clodfobble

It's not his fault. The kids take around a dozen meds each, with only two overlapping between them. I have all that information in my head. Which kind of fish oil belongs to which kid? Why does this kid get 5000 IU of vitamin D per day, but the other one only gets 2000? One med is given to Child A only on Friday mornings, while another is given to Child B only on days 15-21 of each month. Another med used to be taken by both of them for years, but recent lab results allowed us to take one kid off... I actually keep a spreadsheet on my laptop that I try to keep updated, you know, in case I get hit by a bus or something, but it was about a month out of date. He knows all the important prescriptions, no major mistakes have ever been made.
Old 07-09-2013, 03:58 PM   #9430
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble View Post
snip--
you know, in case I get hit by a bus or something,
--snip
This is what was in my head after the word "you" in my post.

I have dealt with complicated medicine schedules, I know it can be hard to follow, a moving target. And of all the parents whose (mis)behavior I judge out loud, you and he are not on that list, not members of that universe.

I stand by my first plea, get well soon.
Old 07-09-2013, 04:10 PM   #9431
Clodfobble

Aye, will do. The nurse let me try stepping down to the oral pain meds, and so far they're holding up quite well. A little pressure behind my eyes still, but on the other hand I'm neither itchy nor dizzy like I am on the morphine. I think tomorrow morning's looking good.
Old 07-09-2013, 04:38 PM   #9432
orthodoc
Not Suspicious, Merely Canadian

Get better soon, Clod. Best wishes.
Old 07-09-2013, 04:56 PM   #9433
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Itchy means they gave you too much or too often, you want to be just on this side of itchy.
Old 07-12-2013, 10:06 PM   #9434
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Oh my. Please take care of YOU Clod. You cannot care for anyone else without...
Old 07-13-2013, 01:58 PM   #9435
Clodfobble

Oh don't worry, I'm home now and almost back to 100%. Off the pain pills as of last night, though I'm being good and still laying down to rest on a regular basis. They say the fatigue could last for weeks or even months.

Tags
swiss