Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 03-06-2012, 08:14 PM   #31
Griff
still says videotape

bummer, sorry IM
Old 03-06-2012, 08:15 PM   #32
bluecuracao
in a mood, not cupcake

I bet the guy was high. Everyone knows Camaro drivers are big pot heads.
bluecuracao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 08:16 PM   #33
HungLikeJesus
Only looks like a disaster tourist

Didn't Liz Phair have a song about this?

SteveDallas's Random Thread Picker.
HungLikeJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 08:18 PM   #34
Griff
still says videotape

7,000th post.
Old 03-06-2012, 08:28 PM   #35
HungLikeJesus

Now I can change my location to "above 7,000 posts."

Old 03-06-2012, 09:34 PM   #36
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
...tire tracks all across your back -- I can see you had your fun...
Old 03-06-2012, 10:11 PM   #37
HungLikeJesus

Is this the guy that hit you?

Quote:
Camaro Mullet: The Camaro Mullet used to have full reign over the mullet brethren, but that was back in the 70's and 80's. This species has fallen from grace since, but can still be seen enjoying NASCAR events and shopping at Kragen, or up in the attic cooking up crank. Distinguishing features include a molester mustache (peach fuzzy), tight-fitting acid wash jeans, and an ever-present key ring hanging from the belt loop. Feel the mulletude emanating through your computer screen from this rare pic.

Old 03-06-2012, 11:55 PM   #38
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by footfootfoot View Post
...tire tracks all across your back -- I can see you had your fun...
off topic.

we used to have a dalmatian, the kids LURRRRVED that dog. his name was Chief (so original.. we adopted the dog, the name came with him). He was a very athletic dog, and like to bolt when given the opportunity. watching him disappear down the street was like that scene in Star Trek where the ship kicks into hyperspace just a streak then a dot then a boom then nothing. fucking dog.

We live very close to an arterial and there's plenty of traffic on it. one day the gate was open a quarter of an inch and boom, gone. he bolted out, down the alley which was probably about two bounds for him and into the arterial. At which time we heard in very rapid succession a screech of tires a thump and a yelp. a moment later the dog (miracle of miracles) ran back into the back yard.

On his back were tire tracks, you could clearly see the white zig zag of the open space of the treads. the car had run over his ... waist give or take. his hips and groin area was abraded but nothing broken. cured his bolting though, so WIN!
Old 03-07-2012, 12:14 AM   #39
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf

My Dad adopted a dalmatian which came with a worse name.

Dal.

The second-worst name for a dalmatian.
Old 03-07-2012, 12:22 AM   #40
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenGum View Post
Let me just say ...

AWWWGODDAMMIT!

And

HowTF does a guy go from dropping someone off to running up the back of another car in one move??? WTF? That's a special kind of stupid there.
Well, there was this one time I was stopped at a stop sign behind a truck during peak hour.

A gap came.

I thought he went.

Another gap came.

BOOM!

He hadn't gone.

Old 03-07-2012, 12:53 AM   #41
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

You were just trying to fill in the gaps.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 07:51 AM   #42
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

Hey, thanks again everyone.

I went to sleep to take a nap yesterday and just stayed asleep until this morning. Waning adrenaline, I guess.

I'm trying to get my ducks in a row this morning but I have stupid meetings. I feel like I have to rush rush rush which makes my anxiety kick in and watching them play against each other for who pays what...just makes me feel sick. I haven't been able to eat. Maybe this is a good thing.

I appreciate your kind words and funny stories. I know this isn't the biggest deal on earth but I hate it, so it's nice to know people care.
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 08:02 AM   #43
glatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigV View Post
On his back were tire tracks, you could clearly see the white zig zag of the open space of the treads. the car had run over his ... waist give or take. his hips and groin area was abraded but nothing broken. cured his bolting though, so WIN!
When I was a teen, my neighbor ran over his toddler with a pretty large riding mower. The mower blades were turned off, and he was in his freshly tilled garden. The toddler who was sitting on the fender, slipped off when he was backing up, and fell under the tractor. The dad drove right over his skull, pressing him down into the loose soil of the garden.

Anyway, this poor kid was fine, but had red tire tread marks across his face and then a tread shaped bruise for a few days. He was so young he couldn't speak well, but he went around to the neighbors over the next few days saying "My Daddy ran over me with the tractor." He loved the attention that got.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 08:44 AM   #44
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

I called my insurance and told the lady that I was waiting on a police report, but was unsure what the next steps were.

She told me their investigators could find no such plate. Well, the city police told me there WAS a match and even told me what town it is in. Then she was all like "is there anything else I can help you with today?" and as I usually do with phone interactions like these, I wasn't sure what to say and I got flustered and said 'no' but then after I hung up I was thinking "Yeah, how about you tell me my freaking options so I can get my car in and get a rental? You know, the original question?"

Never once, not freaking once in my entire life, has anything ever happened to me where there wasn't something like this: something so weird and screwed up that it throws a wrench in the works that should be running smoothly.

If their investigators can't find the plate then it throws it all back on my court, doesn't it? Don't we PAY for insurance 'in case shit happens' and they take care of it when shit happens? Yeah, not in my life.

I don't know what to do now.
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 09:16 AM   #45
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

You need to have an insurance adjuster assess the damages as soon as possible. The longer you wait the more likely you are to regret it. If anything else happens to the car before that's done, it could become difficult to tell what damage was caused when and complicate the settlement. Your insurance company should be able to tell you now when they'll send an adjuster out to you; or, where you can take the car to get a repair estimate they'll accept.

ETA: You shouldn't have to leave the car just to get the estimate. It can be done while you wait.

Last edited by sexobon; 03-07-2012 at 09:35 AM.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote