The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 04-05-2012, 11:48 PM   #151
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Mr. Clod's coworker went insane this week. The first hints were at Christmas, when an anonymous Santa gave everyone on their team a copy of this incredibly dense, philosophical "poetry" by some ancient Eastern somebody-or-another. They all thought it was rather weird, and even weirder when it was eventually revealed that coworker "John" was the one who'd done it, as he was just another computer geek like the rest of them, and never seemed the type.

Then last Sunday, John started posting some very strange ramblings on their company-wide messageboard (it was an on-call maintenance weekend, lots of people were doing work that day.) Randomly declaring "new mindsets" he was trying out, and asking for opinions on how his psychological workflow might be affected by his new desk arrangement, which was no different that anyone could tell. When people ignored him, he began replying to his own posts. Everyone sort of thought it was an April Fool's joke, except he was pushing it too far and never said "April Fools."

Today he escalated to posting full-blown philosophical manifestos to the company messageboard that didn't make any sense at all, pages and pages that he was writing on the spot instead of working. They deleted his account from the messageboard, but rather than take the hint he immediately registered for a new one and continued.

He was pulled aside and told to go home for the weekend, take a break and get some sleep. And we don't know what happened next, but all of a sudden Mr. Clod's team is on red alert to change all the passwords and lock him out of the system, as he was no longer an employee at the company.

Fortunately, Mr. Clod is already taking Monday off, so he won't be there if the guy decides to come back and kill everyone.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 02:33 AM   #152
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

creepy.

I hope it all works out ok in the end. For everyone.
Old 04-06-2012, 03:31 AM   #153
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Crossing fingers for ya
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 03:08 PM   #154
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Dad collapsed today. At least that's how it looked to us.
I was tonging my hair for the visit of my bro & SIL that afternoon (it takes a long time) when Mum suddenly screamed my name and as I answered, "Yes?" as you do, she screamed again "Get down here right now!"

To me it could only be Diz-related, I assumed he'd eaten the roast or something, so I took the time to put my hairbrush down and scoop him up in my arms. We have agreed in future she will shout "Your Dad's ill!"

Came downstairs to see her holding him up against the front door. With me there she was able to let him into a controlled lie-down and put him in the recovery position so he could be sick (just a bit of bile). He'd been heading to the toilet and said, "I don't feel very good" and she'd recognised things were not good, jumped up and caught him.

I called 999 and a HUGE paramedic arrived. Honstely, I was terrified about Dad, but I had to keep stopping myself from asking how tall he was. 6'5" at least, and broad with it. From Zimbabwe, but with an accent softened enough by time to almost be Antipodean.

He came armed with many gadgets and boxes and ran every test possible on Dad, before concluding that it was more in the nature of a faint than a collapse. He was slightly concerned at Dad's blood pressure but he is on two lots of tablets to lower it, so concluded that these might have exacerbated the issue. He woke up from a nap in his chair with the sudden feeling he was going to be sick, so he probably got up too fast for his heart to correctly respond to his needs.

He's slightly nauseous still, but managed to put down some roast dinner and iced water. We're not letting him move much. One thing that did relieve my mind - as he was sat there, top off, wired up at 12 different points on his body he offered that I should take a photo. Gutted that I didn't. That would have been one for the album.

So he's had his lungs checked, his heart, his blood pressure resting and standing and then resting again, his urine. All over and all comes back fine, except that his blood pressure is on the lower end of normal.

Last time he did this to Mum (saying the exact same words) he ended up in hospital having a stent put in.

So I'm not upset. And I'm not scared like I was when he first went down. But it's horrible to see something like this happen to him and especially with him still feeling a bit crook.
Old 04-09-2012, 03:46 PM   #155
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Same, Sundae. : ( Mom's at the ER today because she had an atrial fib, but they are keeping her overnight so they can run every "rule out" test in the world.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 04:01 PM   #156
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable

Sundae and UT, I hope your parent get well soon.
Old 04-09-2012, 04:40 PM   #157
DanaC

Scary shit. Hope your Dad's ok now Sundae, and your Mom too UT.
Old 04-09-2012, 05:36 PM   #158
zippyt
LONG LIVE KING ZIPPY! per Feetz

Sick parents SUCK !!!
Hope every bodys doing ok !!!!!
Old 04-09-2012, 09:32 PM   #159
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Wishing your parents well. Hope it all works out.
Old 04-10-2012, 02:07 AM   #160
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

Sending good health wishes from Tashkent!

Sent by thought transference
Old 04-10-2012, 07:43 AM   #161
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Sorry to read of these parental woes this morning. Hope everyone's feeling better.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 09:20 AM   #162
glatt

I hope Sundae Dad and Katkeeper are doing a bit better today.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 04:33 PM   #163
Griff
still says videotape

Yeah, hope they're improving.
Old 07-16-2012, 12:11 PM   #164
jimhelm
a beautiful fool

The Operations Manager just came into my office holding her chest, and looking scared.

I had a salesman that was standing there run for a glass of water, and an aspirin. She chewed the aspirin, and settled down... but won't go to the fucking hospital. I had the salesman narc her out to the boss, and he's talking to her now.... but I had Biff flashbacks.

cmon.
Old 07-16-2012, 12:16 PM   #165
DanaC

Ach damn Jim. That's rough.