Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 05-17-2017, 02:16 PM   #11701
glatt

wow. I'm sorry man. That sucks.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 04:35 PM   #11702
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

What about treatment? Are you going for the traditional blood letting; or, should we start saving our leaches for you?

I suppose there are other ways to bring your systemic pressure down; but, they won't be as much fun.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 07:17 PM   #11703
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Lets see, my Pacemaker/Defibrillator combo was $43,000 (plus installation) and keeps everything working together. Plus if my heart stops it gives me a big shock. That hasn't happened so I don't know how big but I was warned if someone was touching my... uh, touching me, they'd get a big shock too. Gotta get the battery replaced every five years or so, but other than that, merrily I roll along.

I think that's the worst case scenario if you stay on top of it, so don't freak out and stay proactive on this. You can do this.
Old 05-18-2017, 01:45 AM   #11704
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

Well shit BigV! Do what the doc says. You'll get through this. x
Old 05-18-2017, 06:38 AM   #11705
Griff
still says videotape

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigV View Post
https://medlineplus.gov/heartfailure.html

Turns out congestive heart failure is a real thing. Do not fuck with it.
fuuuuuuuuuuuk.
Sorry man.
Old 05-18-2017, 02:41 PM   #11706
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

This is not generally the type of thing I come to the happy thread for, but I won't give you shit because your heart might not be able to take it. Hope the symptoms are relieved soon.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 02:49 PM   #11707
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigV View Post
I'm happy now because I am finally checked in at the urgent care office. I've been having a lot of trouble breathing. Stressing me the fuck out.
I'm home and THAT MAKES ME HAPPY!
Old 05-18-2017, 02:52 PM   #11708
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble View Post
This is not generally the type of thing I come to the happy thread for, but I won't give you shit because your heart might not be able to take it. Hope the symptoms are relieved soon.
Point well taken.

The initial post was simply true, and the follow up posts were here because it was easier to maintain the continuity through my phone in technologically and logistically difficult circumstances. I closed the loop just now, again, on *happy* point.

A new, different thread is due.
Old 05-22-2017, 12:51 PM   #11709
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

"Earache My Eye" is playing on the radio as I post this!

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 07:32 AM   #11710
Snakeadelic
Banned

Today a dentist named Dr. Sager is making me very happy! He's in Bozeman, MT and I will be singing his praises for YEARS at this rate.

My "difficult" root canal turned out to be way worse than expected. The root of the tooth in question forks deep in the upper jaw bone, but the nerve canals in mine didn't follow the normal route. Turns out there was also a not-supposed-to-look-like-that partial THIRD nerve path connecting the forks! When he hit that part and it hurt, he put a Novocaine shot directly into my hard palate, not gums but the super-thin tissue on the roof of the mouth.

In under 24 hours I could no longer feel where that injection went in! He managed to get enough anesthetic into that terrifying spot for an injection without leaving any bruising--and I know there was Novocaine in the needle because the partial nerve path immediately went numb.

I'm approaching 72 hours out from the procedure. The bone around that extensive work no longer hurts AT ALL. And in a couple of weeks I get A REAL CROWN, since it turns out I have the fancy-a$$ Medicaid dental that doesn't put a cap on annual dental work costs and WILL pay for a porcelain crown or two a year.

Plus on the way back I got to visit the Mineral Museum at Montana Tech, where among other spectacular exhibits they have a full Siberian cave bear skeleton (his name's Boris)!
Snakeadelic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 01:43 PM   #11711
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

IT'S FRIDAY!!!

I was looking for an excuse to drink...

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 03:13 PM   #11712
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

We've been trying to gently convince stepdaughter that she needs to apply for a better job since basically day one of her current job. It was always meant to be a shitty stepping-stone gig, and she has done an admirable job of rising to the occasion and increasing her confidence, which was really the only roadblock to her employability in the first place. It only took about 3 months before she first said with wonder, "Everyone I work with is kind of... a lot dumber than me." Yeah, honey, we know. But she didn't follow through on the "so get a better job" conclusion. She's convinced that she'll make some mistake and get fired from any job that's even slightly harder than the one she's at.

But today she told us a complicated tale of work drama that basically boils down to three things: upper management is embezzling money, the last person to catch them red-handed was fired, and they just tried to sucker her into a situation that would put her name on their latest fraudulent transactions. Fortunately she played dumb and "accidentally" deleted the transaction, so they had to abandon the attempt.

But she only did it because she didn't want to get fired like the last person that caught them. I explained to her that this is not about not-getting-fired, this is about not-going-to-jail. These people will not hesitate to throw her under the bus, and she needs a new job immediately.

All of which is in the happy thread because she is, now, applying for new jobs. If it takes the threat of jailtime to get her ass in gear to improve her own life, then whatever, I'll take it.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 03:32 PM   #11713
glatt

Awesome! Get a new job or you are going to jail. I like it.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 05:28 PM   #11714
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Maybe not "or" .
Old 05-30-2017, 09:02 PM   #11715
monster
I hear them call the tide

Goalie Boy got an award at school tonight. The award, in fact. The show-closing Soaring Eagle principal's award. (They are the Eagles)

I will post pics in the proud parent thread some time, but I'm too impatient.

I had previously promised him he didn't have to go to the stupid pre-graduation "pinning ceremony", but they emailed us and said he was getting one of the ten "big" awards, so please attend. There were 8 "core values" awards (two representing each of the schools fur buzzwords), and he wasn't called up... and then one named for the first (disgraced imo) principal, and he wasn't called up.... and then the principal's award. Braggety-brag-brag-brag.

I was sure it would be the Sulura Jackson award (a principal who moved away and was later found to be a plagiarist, and topped that achievement off by sending a condolence letter to a staff member at her new school which still had our school's name in it....) because there always seems to be a fly in the beestmonster ointment.... but it wasn't!

And the principal raved about him and said all the things I think...and and and.....

.....This has been the worst ten days in our family's recent memory, I will probably never share details. Trust me, it's been grim.

So THIS really helps