The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 07-06-2017, 06:57 AM   #1591
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

The continual shitstorm that is supposed to be amateur music-making for pleasure in the form of a local brass band.
Fuck 'em all sideways up the ass with the biggest
Old 07-06-2017, 07:08 AM   #1592
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

So many excellent musicians have that really terrible problem where they just cannot possibly get along with other musicians.

My drummer friend who went to Berklee, but is on the spectrum, has turned off a good 80% of the local people he might possibly play out with.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 12:26 PM   #1593
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

My musical buddy was gonna try out a new bass player, very well known guy locally. Definitely knows his shit.

He wanted 75 dollars a night to practice. At the time they were learning a lot of new-to-them tunes and were practicing three nights a week.

And he was a complete and total asshole. Never even got the chance to get his guitar outta the case.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 01:45 PM   #1594
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

It seems to be a good musician, better than the herd, requires exceptional faith in yourself and your abilities. Anyone who might see a crack in that facade must be dealt with harshly and the most likely people to see a crack is other musicians. The people with no talent, like myself, are no threat to them.
Old 07-06-2017, 06:02 PM   #1595
limey

What is pissing you off this time?

I wish it was just about big musician egos (well, there are a couple in the mix!). Mostly it's about not being able to muster more than a randomly assorted (and different to previous and subsequent weeks) dozen or so of our 22 member to rehearse each week, meaning that gig planning (and rehearsal planning) is just not possible. Along with Mr L and I doing 75% or more of the admin tasks. Just four of 22 lift a finger to do anything for the band .... As I said, biggest at the ready, sideyways...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 07-06-2017, 11:37 PM   #1596
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravdigr View Post
Mouse turds in the silverware drawer.

Mouse turds.

In the silverware drawer.

Yeah, you gonna die, mouse. And not well.
I'm a nice guy, I like animals, I preserve and defend spiders, etc. But there's a time and place for all god's creatures. Tiny wild rodents like that--pick a place, any place that is not *my place*. If you're in my house, you're dead.

I watched a big fuckin' rat waddle across the patio, help herself to a kibble from the dog bowl
Name:  IMG_0974sm.jpg
Views: 170
Size:  268.0 KB

(my bad, I intended to be humane to the dog outside all day, but nooooOOOOoooo), then scamper back toward the house.
Name:  IMG_0975sm.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  272.6 KB

'scuse me while I whip this out (reaches for mousetrap).

I checked the area near the house and found a likely place where the cover to the crawlspace could admit a rat... ok.. ok.. I baited and set the trap over by the dog food bowl, bowl gone now, Name:  IMG_0976sm.jpg
Views: 163
Size:  251.6 KB

but one, yummy kibble left, COME AND GET IT!!!!!!
Name:  IMG_0977sm.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  123.4 KB

Spoiler alert--the rat dies.

I returned to the house and staked out the trap with the camera set to continuous. What follows is the death of the rodent.
Old 07-06-2017, 11:40 PM   #1597
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

It did happen. There are pics, action shots, trophy shots. At last count, I got two adults, four juveniles. And out by the garage, five mice. 11-0, my favor, not counting aaaaallll the fucking feces everywhere and the chewed up shit. Fuckers.
Old 07-07-2017, 12:03 AM   #1598
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by limey View Post
Along with Mr L and I doing 75% or more of the admin tasks. Just four of 22 lift a finger to do anything for the band .... As I said, biggest at the ready, sideyways...
Exasperating, but not unusual, ask monster about water sports or glatt about scouts.
Every youth group, like 4-H, I was in just 1% of the parents supported it regardless of what they told their social circle. Later in various clubs it was always the same few people doing the work while the rest took the credit. We tried stopping doing the work until a crisis forced hand wringing and labor appointing, but that only lasted a couple weeks, 'cause people suck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigV View Post
It did happen. There are pics, action shots, trophy shots. At last count, I got two adults, four juveniles. And out by the garage, five mice. 11-0, my favor, not counting aaaaallll the fucking feces everywhere and the chewed up shit. Fuckers.
He's a Killer Queen
Gunpowder, gelatine
Dynamite with a laser beam
Guaranteed to blow your mind
Anytime
Old 07-07-2017, 05:33 AM   #1599
limey

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
Exasperating, but not unusual, ask monster about water sports or glatt about scouts.
Every youth group, like 4-H, I was in just 1% of the parents supported it regardless of what they told their social circle. Later in various clubs it was always the same few people doing the work while the rest took the credit. We tried stopping doing the work until a crisis forced hand wringing and labor appointing, but that only lasted a couple weeks, 'cause people suck.
Yeah, well, we're going to stop doing any of it. Even the stuff that only Mr L can do. Probably the end of a group that's been going, against the odds, for 35 years ...
Old 07-07-2017, 06:55 AM   #1600
nowhereman
sliding down the razor blade of life

Quote:
Originally Posted by limey View Post
Yeah, well, we're going to stop doing any of it. Even the stuff that only Mr L can do. Probably the end of a group that's been going, against the odds, for 35 years ...
That's what it usually takes for someone else to step up and take over. I had to do that with an antique car club that I was handling publicity for. This was back in the days before email etc, when everything required phone calls, faxes, more phone calls. After being rousted for not listing our shows in some obscure publication (which nobody told me even existed) I brought all the contact info and listings I had to the next meeting and dropped it on the table. The member that handles this now does a great job. 'Course it's much simpler now with the internet thingy.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 12:08 PM   #1601
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
11-0, my favor

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 02:53 PM   #1602
limey

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman
That's what it usually takes for someone else to step up and take over ...
Yeah. I hope so. And it is my experience that 10-12 years is about the limit for small, dedicated committees running special interest clubs/groups before a major bust-up of this nature.

Old 07-07-2017, 04:32 PM   #1603
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Here's a chance for you to form The Limey Group, available for private intimate gatherings, of hand picked dedicated musicians. Go on Scotland's Got Talent, tour the world, and become rich. A phoenix from the asses ashes. I'd buy all your records.
Old 07-07-2017, 04:53 PM   #1604
limey

I'm ahead of you there!

Old 07-07-2017, 05:05 PM   #1605
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Here ya go...

Tags
limburger