The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 10-29-2011, 08:15 AM   #1
Griff
still says videotape

Your morning dream

I was sitting in the parish hall at a masonite table, calmly quietly arranging my plate of food in a pleasing manner amid the clatter, hustle, and bustle of a church fund raising dinner. Clint Eastwood, old Clint not young Clint, approached me from across the table, "Do you know the way?" I reply, "I know my way." Clint is pleased with this answer and we go back and forth for a few minutes. He then asks, "Have you read Nietche and _____?" I reply that I have no interest in philosophers. Clint gets visibly upset and stalks away. My zen state collapses and desperate for his approval, we switch roles, I approach him as he sits eating an arranged but unappetizing monochrome plate of hotdogs and sauerkraut. I try to gain him back but dig a deeper and deeper hole for myself.

Then the phone rings waking me up very early this morning, a Saturday. Its my Dad, he is trying to call the tire shop about the tractor tires we're having foamed, but they are not answering the phone. I calmly tell him that it is Saturday and they are not open yet. Thanks Clint.
Old 10-29-2011, 08:59 AM   #2
pensive pam
Banned

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griff View Post
I was sitting in the parish hall at a masonite table, calmly quietly arranging my plate of food in a pleasing manner amid the clatter, hustle, and bustle of a church fund raising dinner. Clint Eastwood, old Clint not young Clint, approached me from across the table, "Do you know the way?" I reply, "I know my way." Clint is pleased with this answer and we go back and forth for a few minutes. He then asks, "Have you read Nietche and _____?" I reply that I have no interest in philosophers. Clint gets visibly upset and stalks away. My zen state collapses and desperate for his approval, we switch roles, I approach him as he sits eating an arranged but unappetizing monochrome plate of hotdogs and sauerkraut. I try to gain him back but dig a deeper and deeper hole for myself.

Then the phone rings waking me up very early this morning, a Saturday. Its my Dad, he is trying to call the tire shop about the tractor tires we're having foamed, but they are not answering the phone. I calmly tell him that it is Saturday and they are not open yet. Thanks Clint.
I am not sure what to make of this. Personally, I only clicked on it because I thought it said 'Glatt', not 'Griff.' I like Glatt as he is an all around nice guy... but I am here now, so I will comment...

I think you may benefit from some type of therapy. I know all about these things. It you approach it with an open mind, you will be fine with time and some medications. Since Clint Eastwood is almost dead; I think this dream symbolizes you realizing your own fate...of dieing someday. I hope this is not a joke...Pam.
pensive pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 11:45 AM   #3
Griff
still says videotape

Actually, I feel like I'm close enough to "fine." Thanks for the reply though, what specifically is nuthouse worthy?
Old 10-29-2011, 11:51 AM   #4
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Griff - I'm a little jealous.

The dreams I have that feature movie stars are few and far between. I usually have these horrid dreams of thinly veiled anxiety or frustration. Like not being able to dial a phone number despite numerous attempts or running as fast as I can and getting nowhere.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 11:57 AM   #5
Griff
still says videotape

I very rarely remember a dream. Now that you mention it, I don't recall ever having a movie star in one before. He must have some symbolic potency I haven't worked out yet. Something to do with Gran Torino and my USMC Dad.
Old 10-29-2011, 12:12 PM   #6
HungLikeJesus
Only looks like a disaster tourist

By "old Clint," do you mean Clint from the old days, when he was young?

SteveDallas's Random Thread Picker.
HungLikeJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 12:16 PM   #7
Griff
still says videotape

Sorry, mature Clint.
Old 10-29-2011, 12:18 PM   #8
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HungLikeJesus View Post
By "old Clint," do you mean Clint from the old days, when he was young?
Quote:
...Clint Eastwood, old Clint not young Clint...

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 12:30 PM   #9
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

I remember my morning dreams nearly every day.
I shall torment you with them.

Not this morning though, obviously.
Woke up to hear the neighbours in, giving condolences for Grandad.
Old 10-29-2011, 12:33 PM   #10
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianna View Post
The dreams I have that feature movie stars are few and far between.
Quote:
...I don't recall ever having a movie star in one before. He must have some symbolic potency I haven't worked out yet.
I might have mentioned this before...

For years, decades really, I have had the recurring dream of being in a fist fight with Lee Marvin. Sometimes he's Tully Crow from "The Comancheros", sometimes he's Liberty Valance from "The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance". More often he's just plain old Lee Marvin, from the sixties, like in the pic below. Sometimes it starts with guns, but always, always there's physical confrontation involved.

I would pay any amount of money to understand this.

Name:  Captureghndgh.JPG
Views: 530
Size:  31.3 KB

I tried keeping a dream diary by the bed. If I can find it I'll share a couple with ya. There's some duesies in there. None featuring Mr. Marvin, though.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Old 10-29-2011, 12:49 PM   #11
pensive pam
Banned

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravdigr View Post
I might have mentioned this before...

For years, decades really, I have had the recurring dream of being in a fist fight with Lee Marvin. Sometimes he's Tully Crow from "The Comancheros", sometimes he's Liberty Valance from "The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance". More often he's just plain old Lee Marvin, from the sixties, like in the pic below. Sometimes it starts with guns, but always, always there's physical confrontation involved.

I would pay any amount of money to understand this.

Attachment 34974

I tried keeping a dream diary by the bed. If I can find it I'll share a couple with ya. There's some duesies in there. None featuring Mr. Marvin, though.
You are not fighting with another man. You are clearly fighting the 'man' inside you; the gay man who wants to escape and be himself. This is an internal struggle; yet you subconsciously dream about another man...unable to come to terms that you are fighting yourself...and your homosexuality...

This is very true,
Pam.
pensive pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 12:50 PM   #12
jimhelm
a beautiful fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravdigr View Post
There's some duesies in there.

Now, I'm not grammar naziing you here, digr, but how did you come up with that spelling of doozy? wait. dewzie. uhm... nevermind.
Old 10-29-2011, 01:01 PM   #13
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Name:  tn_grammarnazi.jpg
Views: 281
Size:  10.5 KB

Hah!! Duesie, don't that come from Duesenberg? Yeah, it looks strange as hell, don't it?

ETA: I had no clue as to how to spell it, so I asked Zippy.

Old 10-29-2011, 01:04 PM   #14
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Do you mean the Queen of Duisburg?
Attached Images

Old 10-29-2011, 01:04 PM   #15
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

I used to remember my dreams and have all sorts of fascinating ones. But once I started waking up with an alarm clock again, my specific list of morning tasks pops into my head first thing and I never stop to think about what I was dreaming about until it's already faded away.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote