The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Health

Health Keeping your body well enough to support your head

Old 05-22-2019, 06:34 PM   #1
monster
I hear them call the tide

Job Drug Screens and Prescribed drugs e.g amphetamine

Anyone have to deal with this? Thunderboy appears to have gotten himself his first job, but they're sending him for a drug screen. He takes Adderal for ADHD, so is going to get a positive for amphetamine. I understand the procedure is the examining officer will then contact him to ask if he has a valid prescription..... can anyone shed light on what to expect and what information he will need to provide to whom and when? anyone been through it? please and thanks
Old 05-22-2019, 07:12 PM   #2
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

Contact the prescribing doctor's office to find out what you have to do to authorize release of that information to his tentative employer and what their usual procedure is (e.g. electronic/fax, hand carried hard copy).
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 07:17 PM   #3
monster

All advice so far seems to be employer does not need to know what he takes. Only the agency doing the testing. Once they are satisfied the prescriptions are valid and explain the findings, they will pass the test and that is all the employer needs to know. Do you believe this not to be the case?
Old 05-22-2019, 07:32 PM   #4
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

By tentative employer I mean either them; or, their agent. Either way, prescription labels are easy to counterfeit; so, I'd be really surprised if he didn't have to present something from either the prescribing authority (Dr., PA, RNNP) or the pharmacy that filled the prescription.

The testing agency may simply ask him to sign a release form and to give them the name of his prescriber if he has control over his own medical records. Any way you look at it, the responsible party has to authorize release of medical information and it's best to give those releasing it a heads up to prevent delays.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 09:04 PM   #5
monster

he passed!

Apparently the protocol would have been that they would call for info/explanation when they found something ....but they didn't.

I had him hold off on his PM dose and then I drove him there (because no-one wants him driving unmedicated, and he's still a minor so I figured I'd probably have to sign something (I did)) and it seems to have worked. Or they didn't test for it. which would be odd but.....

So now Thunderboy is Lifeguardboy at a posh condo complex. Pretty cushy, I reckon. i did a couple of gardening gigs there -full of rich old people. So I'm reckoning a few seasoned swimmers doing laps, and visiting grandkids in water wings.
Old 05-24-2019, 09:44 PM   #6
fargon
Person who doesn't update the user title

Yay Lifeguardboy!!!
Heavily medicated for the good of mankind.
fargon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 10:42 PM   #7
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Yay!

I once took an employer drug test where I was halfway convinced I would fail just from all the secondhand smoke I'd inhaled during my other job at the music studio...
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 05:36 AM   #8
Griff
still says videotape

Good for him!