The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Philosophy

Philosophy Religions, schools of thought, matters of importance and navel-gazing

Old 05-15-2017, 09:25 AM   #31
glatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw View Post
What happens when using just one tank of a discount brand? My Accords would drop from 32 MPG to about 24 or 25 MPG.
For the record. This is the first post in this thread in which you actually say what your point is.

Gallon per mile is a different thing than gallon per dollar.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 02:43 PM   #32
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

I think there was something else wrong with those Accords. 8 mpg is a huge drop from one brand of gas to another. An oil company could make jillions of dollars from that kind of situation, looks like they'd be hollering that from every rooftop.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 04:10 PM   #33
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
Gallon per mile is a different thing than gallon per dollar.
Dollar per mile says everything. When gasoline reduces MPG to 25, then Dollar per miles increases significantly. I made it easy for the arithmetically challenged. Price at discount stations is something less than 25 cents more per gallon.

Amazing how some have difficulty when numbers are required or included.

Bruce - all gasolines come from the same refineries. Everything posted is based in that reality. Stop foolishly assuming that proves something. All gasolines come from a same refinery. Delivered by same pipelines. And are massively different as demonstrated by UT's Top Tier explanation. Learn why that is true by discovering fallacies in your speculations.

For others who would learn - not argue. Discount gasolines are some of the most expensive. Price on a pump does not really reflect actual cost.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 04:13 PM   #34
glatt

Now it's revisionist history with you.

You gave dollars per gallon when you meant something else and now are trying to muddy the waters by bringing up a third unit.

And you blame other people for your failure to communicate.
Old 05-15-2017, 04:18 PM   #35
tw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravdigr View Post
I think there was something else wrong with those Accords. 8 mpg is a huge drop
Yes gasolines are that different. These numbers come from multiple Accords. I generally cite a more conservative 10% difference. But that reality exists. Discount gasolines cost more money.

Topmost question is why do people do that? Most do not want answers tempered by perspective. Honest answers are not subjective; include numbers.
Old 05-15-2017, 04:59 PM   #36
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

I will bet both my nuts that Grand Cherokee One would show almost no noticeable difference in each and every brand of gasoline available within 50 miles of me.

I'm just basing that on my own 35 years of experience putting gas in a driving it out of cars...

Your mileage may vary. (<--See thar? That's how one would go about acknowledging that they might not possess every fact on the planet.)

I've said this before: I sometimes believe TW is educated beyond his intelligence.

How many posts did it take him to say what he was trying to say? Has he even said it yet?

Here TW, let me save you some time w/that reply:

Quote:
...at discount stations is something less than 25 cents more per gallon...

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 05:27 PM   #37
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Bruce - all gasolines come from the same refineries. Everything posted is based in that reality. Stop foolishly assuming that proves something. All gasolines come from a same refinery. Delivered by same pipelines. And are massively different as demonstrated by UT's Top Tier explanation. Learn why that is true by discovering fallacies in your speculations.
If you had been paying attention you would know it was I who explained top tier gasolines.
Old 05-15-2017, 05:40 PM   #38
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

I am putting money on Gravdigr's nuts.

~ I always do ~
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 05:43 PM   #39
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
If you had been paying attention you would know it was I who explained top tier gasolines.
I missed it, but I was on a break.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 10:11 PM   #40
tw

Quote:
UT provided facts like an adult. He is credited.

Eventually you will finally grasp reality if it is posted enough times. Eve n the most obstinate eventually concede to reality. Discount gasolines tend to be the most expensive gasolines.
Old 05-15-2017, 11:59 PM   #41
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Fuck you, you didn't even read my post you fraud.
Old 05-16-2017, 12:04 AM   #42
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

Tw ignored facts that cigarette producers hired tw's father to advertise for them and tell Americans how just good they were. When one brand was promoted, all brands benefited. The tw family relished in the rewards their propaganda brought about and especially in the resulting demise of Americans they hate on.

The tw family attention to cigarettes has contributed to more than 480,000 deaths annually in the United States [CDC] and nearly 6 million deaths annually worldwide [CDC] due to cigarette smoking. Still, the developmentally impaired tw whines about others causing 60,000 total American military fatal casualties in Vietnam over 20 years, 5,000 total in the Gulf War to Mission Accomplished, and having to pay too much for gas at discount gas stations THAT SELL CIGARETTES.

The tw family tradition of propaganda would now have Americans believe that gas stations are only about selling gas. Tw wants to bamboozle Americans into forgeting about the cigarettes so more Americans will be harmed. Subversives are as subversives do and it gets passed down from one generation to the next, from a father who wanted harmful business to flourish in America to a son who wants American conveniences to wither. We're living in the tw family era of business propaganda directed against the hard working Americans they detest.

Developmentally impaired tw despises Americans stating facts and recognizes only sources who appease him in their form of presentation. When was the last time you got the impression that tw liked you; or, valued your opinion and wasn't just feigning interest so you'd continue to listen to his rhetoric [rhetorical]?

Unfortunately this reality must be restated often until developmentally impaired tw finally realizes the reality that he's a control freak who's been brainwashed to hate on Americans.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 09:28 AM   #43
tw

Quote:
UT presented facts without silly emotions. He deserves credit. Your use of profanity only confirms a highly emotional state - and why you deny reality. Discount gasoline is tends to be the most expensive. Denials come from emotional (childish) authors. When you choose to restore an adult attitude, then your conclusions will be considered. Emotional denials created a bogus conclusion.

Reality is demonstrated by facts. Discount gasoline is a most expensive gasoline. Add maybe 24 cents to a posted price
for discount gasoline. A number that would be higher depending on how many tanks of good gasoline are required to repair that damage.

Amazing how some have disturbing meltdowns over a fact well understood for almost 40 years.

It says so much about why some people do that.
Old 05-16-2017, 10:12 AM   #44
glatt

Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-16-2017, 10:43 AM   #45
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Exactly, glatt.
Attached Images