Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 07-11-2007, 04:27 PM   #226
Cloud

(takes a humble bow)
Old 07-13-2007, 09:56 AM   #227
LabRat
twatfaced two legged bumhole

Article found in Pub Med. Interesting. Never heard of the herb. Unfortunately, it also seems to be studied for it's psychiatric effects as well, so given my mental history doubtful I'd mess with it. Thanks for the heads up though, DN.

Forsch Komplementarmed. 1998;5(6):272-278.
Mastodynon(R) bei weiblicher Sterilität.
Gerhard I, Patek A, Monga B, Blank A, Gorkow C.

Mastodynon(R) for Female Infertility. Randomized, Placebo-Controlled, Clinical Double-Blind Study OBJECTIVE AND DESIGN: The effects of Mastodynon(R), an Agnus castus-containing preparation, were investigated in 96 women with fertility disorders in a prospective, randomized, placebo-controlled, double-blind study. PATIENTS AND METHODS: 38 women with secondary amenorrhoea, 31 women with luteal insuffciency and 27 women with idiopathic infertility received 30 drops of Mastodynon or placebo twice a day over a period of 3 months. OUTCOME MEASURE AND RESULTS: The outcome measure, which was pregnancy or spontaneous menstruation in women with amenorrhoea and pregnancy or improved concentrations of luteal hormones in both other groups, was achieved in 31 out of 66 women who were suitable for evaluation. It was achieved more often in the Mastodynon group compared to the placebo group (57.6% versus 36.0%, p = 0.069). 15 women conceived during the observation period (n = 7 with amenorrhoea, n = 4 with idiopathic infertility, n = 4 with luteal insufficiency). In women with amenorrhoea or luteal insufficiency, pregnancy occurred in the Mastodynon group more than twice as often as in the placebo group. Under therapy no hormonal changes were found at a 5% significance level. Only very few undesirable drug effects were observed. CONCLUSION: In women with sterility due to secondary amenorrhoea and luteal insufficiency, a treatment with Mastodynon can be recommended over a period of 3 to 6 months.
Old 07-13-2007, 11:12 AM   #228
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

A school in my ward is facing closure. It is almost certain that it and another school will be replaced by an academy. I have such grave misgivings about an academy for this community. The high levels of permanent exclusions, the reluctance to deal with Special Educational Needs...I'm not even going to talk about my political objections, these are are serious, operational concerns. I fear, and I hope I'm wrong, that the same children whom we have failed to reach with the comprehensive school are the ones who won't be admitted to, or retained within their local academy. I'm told there are safeguards, and that we will have input as a Local Authority into the management and ethos of the school, especially if we are co-sponsors. But...I am not wholly convinced.

That said....it is an opportunity to get a large investment into education, and a chance to give a fresh start to a deeply troubled school community. Ten years of rescue attempts and super heads. Every newspaper's favourite failing school story. It's hard to see how it can be rescued in its current form. The alternative to Academies, Building Schools for the Future has our area down for new builds in 2011 (at the earliest) and there's another school in a different community whose building is severely dilapidated which will get that first shot. The 'failing' school' (I don't like that tag, it's made improvements, just such an uphill battle) is structurally sound. It could be another 6 or 7 years to get something done in ths community if we don't accept an academy. How can I not embrace £30mil investment and a chance to break this appalling cycle?

At the end of the day, I'm just one voice in a small group within one of the stakeholders. My stance probably won't make a difference either way. But, I have to be able to look my constituents in the eye when I talk to them about this.

Last edited by DanaC; 07-13-2007 at 11:17 AM.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 12:33 PM   #229
jinx
Come on, cat.

The #$*&% neighbor kid.
Showed up at the door last night at 7 - "Wanna see my frog?!" Has a frog in tupperware with a few blades of grass.
Showed up at the door at 10am - "Wanna see my dead frog?!"

Little shit.

My kids invited him to go raspberry picking with us - he lasted 20 minutes before he was too hot, getting attcked by too many bugs, and crying from the thorns. Just dropped his ass back off with his mommy..... grrrrrrrr.....
Old 07-13-2007, 12:55 PM   #230
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinx View Post
The #$*&% neighbor kid.
Showed up at the door last night at 7 - "Wanna see my frog?!" Has a frog in tupperware with a few blades of grass.
Showed up at the door at 10am - "Wanna see my dead frog?!"

Little shit.

My kids invited him to go raspberry picking with us - he lasted 20 minutes before he was too hot, getting attcked by too many bugs, and crying from the thorns. Just dropped his ass back off with his mommy..... grrrrrrrr.....
lol...he sounds like the kid who got thrown off the airplane!
Old 07-13-2007, 01:11 PM   #231
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Hopkin no!!!!!
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 01:38 PM   #232
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 03:50 PM   #233
jinx
Come on, cat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnee123 View Post
lol...he sounds like the kid who got thrown off the airplane!
Yeah, except that was a toddler wasn't it? This kid is freakin 9!

Poor little Hopkin...
Old 07-13-2007, 03:56 PM   #234
skysidhe
~~Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.~~

You got more than a pint of raspberrys I hope!

mmm raspberrys ...on icecream
skysidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 04:00 PM   #235
rkzenrage

Long talk with my wife yesterday.
We need money.
Selling some stuff.
Having to accept limitations that I have had for some time.
Have known for a while, but the reality sucks.
Old 07-13-2007, 07:31 PM   #236
jinx
Come on, cat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skysidhe View Post
You got more than a pint of raspberrys I hope!

mmm raspberrys ...on icecream
Ya. We shared with Jay the Dunkin Donuts guy, and our next door neighbors, and still ended up with more than we could eat tonight.

Old 07-14-2007, 06:28 AM   #237
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

bummer rk. I'm sorry to hear that this is added to your other woes.
Old 07-14-2007, 06:54 AM   #238
skysidhe
~~Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkzenrage View Post
Long talk with my wife yesterday.
We need money.
Selling some stuff.
Having to accept limitations that I have had for some time.
Have known for a while, but the reality sucks.
I'm sorry rk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinx View Post
Ya. We shared with Jay the Dunkin Donuts guy, and our next door neighbors, and still ended up with more than we could eat tonight.

They look lovely.

Dunkin Donuts you say? We have one right down the block. I am able to pass by it most days withought stopping in.

mmmm dunkin
skysidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 09:23 PM   #239
DucksNuts
Bitchy Little Brat

Oh fuck, oh fuck, oh fuck!!

My new (3 mths old) mobile phone shat itself last nite. Which is annoying in itself, but the *oh fuck* bit is....

I will have to hand it over to some phone fixer dude to repair it ANDDDDD....its full of inappropriate pics and vids

I dont want my account manager (who is a friend of mine) to see these pics n vids!!!!

Yes, I am a dirty slurry, buts its why *y'all* love me.
DucksNuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 07:37 PM   #240
DucksNuts
Bitchy Little Brat

I'm at work
DucksNuts is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
swiss