The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Relationships
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Relationships People who need people; or, why can't we all just get along?

Old 10-04-2006, 08:11 AM   #121
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

- actually the men have generally had 2-3 more partners.

- bmw's Cosmo numbers are, as expected, entirely bogus. The typical 25-y-o American woman has had three partners, and only 6.9% at that age have had 15 or more partners.

- men are more likely to be sluts by far. By age 45, 34% of men will have had 15 or more partners, while only 11% of women.

- men are more likely to sleep around in their late 20s-30s. Between age 25-45, the median number of partners for women goes from 3.5 to 3.8. In that same timeframe for men, the number goes from 5.9 to 8.2.

- fewer women are virgins by age 19; 37.8% to 43.5%.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 08:34 AM   #122
yesman065
Banned - Self Imposed

Wink

Damn at 42 if I wanna get up to the "average" I better start sleeping around soon. I'm in that low 5%. OK, I need about a dozen women willing to help me out! Any volunteers??
yesman065 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 08:47 AM   #123
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Well if you can stomach a bite of a wormy apple....?
Old 10-04-2006, 09:54 AM   #124
yesman065
Banned - Self Imposed

LOL, thats great Sundae! ! ! I'll schedule you in when I make my european tour. If I'm gonna do this, I'll probably have to go out of the states too! And I prefer a wormy apple - the worms know which ones are best!! !!
Old 10-04-2006, 09:55 AM   #125
glatt

It's an interesting chart for sure.

If you are average when you are younger, and then end up in a good monogamous marriage, then your number never increases, and you slowly drop out of "average" and into the lower edge of the bell curve. Looking at this chart, I see that you are all a bunch of horn dogs!
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 12:55 PM   #126
mrnoodle
bent

Here's another bad thing about being a slut. I was pretty indiscriminate for a few years in my 20s, so when I was tabulating my numbers to see where I fit in this chart, I found that I couldn't remember them all in one go. Now, random parking lot encounters with drunk girls are popping into my head, and I remember that the one thing they (and I) all had in common was really low self-esteem. I can REMEMBER about 35-40. Who knows what I've forgotten.

So, as an expert in this field, I think I can say with some certainty that promiscuity = low self esteem. Personally, I don't want to be with a girl who currently acts like I used to act, because that means they are as broken now as I was then. I've been celibate for 2 years, and if I ever break my streak, I hope it's because I've found "the one", and not because I get horny.
Old 10-04-2006, 01:34 PM   #127
bmwmcaw

Undertoad,

The CDC stats are from interviews. Men always over report (inflate) there sexual experience and women under report it for all the reason stated on this board.

Again my point is character.

If you’ve been in a successful relationship for years with a whore-bag then god bless you. Personally I wouldn't want to be teaching my children that pulling your pants down no matter what age you are out wed-lock for the sheer “fun” of it is good and moral behavior.

The choice we make in our life make us the people we are. No matter what age you where when the choice was made.

Your sexual history is important because its reveals your character.

I never said that women that sleep around are unredeemable I just answered the question. Yes your history matters. Your employment, academic, civil obedience and credit history mean a great deal to others that want to judge your character. Saying sexual history is some how irrelevant denies the obvious. All the history criteria above reflect your character and the choices that have defined it.

People can spend there whole life in denial and everybody can convince themselves of anything.

No go ahead tell me those other history criteria regarding choices made in your life doesn’t matter either.

Last edited by bmwmcaw; 10-04-2006 at 01:50 PM.
Old 10-04-2006, 02:01 PM   #128
Iggy
Back and ready to tart up the place

I have a question for bmw, what qualifies a woman to be a slut (in your mind)? What if she has had several (let us say 3) serious relationships in her lifetime and was monogamous in all of them? She has slept with more than one man, but she has been cautious with her partners.

As far as men having made an accomplishment if they have slept with many women, I think it is a load of horseshit. Men that sleep around are no more noble than women who do the same. Sometimes a woman is the gatekeeper, but there are many times when the man pressures the woman into it. Pressuring someone to do something they don’t want to do is not an admirable trait in any person.

In my experience, women that sleep with anyone that has a penis have underlying emotional issues, and like Sundae Girl said, it is a symptom of something else. The only “sluts” I know* have been molested, most by family members. What do you say about women whose virginity was taken through molestation or rape? Are they damaged goods too?

When you say you can “spot a slut from a mile away” I suspect you are talking about those damaged women who have been abused and don’t know how to respect themselves. But that doesn’t mean that just because a woman has had several partners that she is a slut. Far from it. Again, like Sundae Girl said, if they have healthy loving monogamous relationships then I don’t see how on earth you can say they are a slut. But it would help to know the answer to my first question before I say that you are over generalizing.

*I should say that for a woman to be a slut in my mind she has to not care who she sleeps with and she doesn’t have healthy relationships with the men she does sleep with (and of course sleep with lots of men but that will happen if she doesn’t care who she sleeps with).
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 02:53 PM   #129
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

Quote:
Originally Posted by morethanpretty
aroused or not aroused? my boy's is about 3 pez sticks aroused...depends if he's cold and what not otherwise...
Is that Pez *pieces* or Pez *dispensers*? Either way... Oh...and, interesting measuring system you've got there, lady.
Old 10-04-2006, 03:20 PM   #130
yesman065
Banned - Self Imposed

bmw are you saying that if I stole or shoplifted something as a child then my moral character as an adult should be taken into question? I mean there are a million things I can think of that children do which you are saying make us immoral or of low character. I'd really like to know what vaccuum of a planet you were raised on cuz if what you say is true then there are absolutely ZERO "good" people here on earth. What a shame to have a belief system without any forgiveness or compassion. I truly feel sorry for you - what a bitter person you seem to be.
Old 10-04-2006, 03:30 PM   #131
bmwmcaw

Yesman, and can you stop being one for a minute, stealing a candy bar and have sexual intercourse is simply not in the same ballpark. That’s what I think the academics call and inappropriate comparison. But, let’s not stop there. Do you think it was wrong to steal that Twinkie? Isn't that the real question or answer to your point?

Right and wrong and taking responsibility for it.
Old 10-04-2006, 03:35 PM   #132
glatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwmcaw
stealing a candy bar and have sexual intercourse is simply not in the same ballpark.

Right and wrong and taking responsibility for it.
Or in this case, wrong and right.

Stealing a candybar is wrong. Sex is not.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 03:46 PM   #133
bmwmcaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy
I have a question for bmw, what qualifies a woman to be a slut (in your mind)? What if she has had several (let us say 3) serious relationships in her lifetime and was monogamous in all of them? She has slept with more than one man, but she has been cautious with her partners.

Willful sexual acts and reckless behaviour.

As far as men having made an accomplishment if they have slept with many women, I think it is a load of horseshit. Men that sleep around are no more noble than women who do the same. Sometimes a woman is the gatekeeper, but there are many times when the man pressures the woman into it. Pressuring someone to do something they don’t want to do is not an admirable trait in any person.

Again you miss the point of sexual advantage women have. To those who are given much, much is expected

In my experience, women that sleep with anyone that has a penis have underlying emotional issues, and like Sundae Girl said, it is a symptom of something else. The only “sluts” I know* have been molested, most by family members. What do you say about women whose virginity was taken through molestation or rape? Are they damaged goods too?

Ah, the abuse excuses. I never met a women that didn't claim to not have an excuse for there Undesirable behaviors.

When you say you can “spot a slut from a mile away” I suspect you are talking about those damaged women who have been abused and don’t know how to respect themselves. But that doesn’t mean that just because a woman has had several partners that she is a slut. Far from it. Again, like Sundae Girl said, if they have healthy loving monogamous relationships then I don’t see how on earth you can say they are a slut. But it would help to know the answer to my first question before I say that you are over generalizing.

See previous answer.

*I should say that for a woman to be a slut in my mind she has to not care who she sleeps with and she doesn’t have healthy relationships with the men she does sleep with (and of course sleep with lots of men but that will happen if she doesn’t care who she sleeps with).
Jack Nicholson said it best in the character he played in” As good as it gets."
He answers a women’s question in an elevator on how he's able to write about women so well "its as if you know us."

His answer..."I think of a man and take away all reason and accountability."

If anyone has ever explain women better I've never heard it.
Old 10-04-2006, 03:58 PM   #134
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

Ah, go yourself
Old 10-04-2006, 04:02 PM   #135
bbro
Insert witty comment here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnee123
Ah, go yourself
bbro is offline   Reply With Quote